PDA

View Full Version : Small Rumour Concerning Deamons

Aflo
16-05-2007, 17:01
Hi all
Not sure if this is of any great significance to anyone, but while browsing through the 40K chaos rumour section, I spotted this:
Apparently the distinct daemon types (and a new LATD list) will be in codex:daemons out in april 2008
Now this would suggest to me that we are going to see some new deamon minis in a couple of years and possibly even that after High elves and Vampire Counts, Chaos could be getting an update or even a new army book and structure alltogether. Make of this what you will as it is nothing but speculation on my part ;)
Regards
Aflo (Adam)

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2007, 17:20
If its a codex it means 40k....so wont have anything to do with fantasy.

C-Coen
16-05-2007, 17:23
As far as I know 40k uses the same daemon figs as we use for fantasy, so that's not totally true. I hope it's true, because I should like to see some new daemons.

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2007, 17:26
Okay....they do use the same figures,but thats where the connection stops.
At the moment I dont see any need for new figures for the daemons we already have(unless they are re-doing them in plastic).

As for new daemons......if they make new daemons it probably means that there's going to be somethig new for fantasy in the way of daemons.

Freenut
16-05-2007, 17:28
If its a codex it means 40k....so wont have anything to do with fantasy.

Actually no. Both game systems use the same daemon models so this would be great news for fantasy chaos players. Hopefully the other chaos plastics will arrive at about the same time.

Marovingean
16-05-2007, 17:32
Makes sense if they're releasing a plastic spawn.....

M

Arnizipal
16-05-2007, 17:38
But a spawn is not a deamon.

Harry
16-05-2007, 17:39
Here is what I said in the Watchman.

"I have also heard about Chaos Daemons being redone. I think Bloodletters and Daemonettes are already done. But all four main types will be done and I cant believe they wont fit nurglings on the sprue with the plague bearers. I also think Gary Morely may have done all the Tzeentch types. (Horrors, Screamers and Flamers)
They wanted to do the Daemons in plastic last time around but either time or technology did not allow. There is even talk of a demon Prince and a chaos spawn in plastic. I anticipate the first Plastic demons to be ready this side of Christmas as well. (Maybe some will even appear with the 40K Chaos release).
Whilst I mention 40K I have been told that the demon prince will be both a fantasy and a 40K release and that in addition to having all the extra bits to ‘40K up’ your Daemon Prince he will have a round base which conveniently slots into the appropriate size base for Fantasy. Thus allowing your demon prince to be used in both systems. The spawn should also come with this base. This is a nice touch for Chaos players who enjoy both systems. It is not a new idea, however, I have some of these from when they tried it along time ago except mine are 20mm bases so potentially this could be the plan for all the daemons making the entire daemon force transferable. How cool would that be".

I had not heard about the spawn when I submitted the article but you can add that to this list.

C-Coen
16-05-2007, 19:43
*Grumbles*
I really should read the Watchman again, and this time good!
I've missed all kind of nice parts, I see now! :)
I was thinking of a diorama with a living Kroak vs a Daemonic legion, so it would be cool when they make these.. :evilgrin:
They aren't very bad ATM, altough some could be better. Now we only have to hope they won't be anything like the Possessed... (even this non-40k-player has nightmares about them..)

Nightsong
16-05-2007, 20:07
I guess I should put off buying those daemonettes then, thought the current model don't look too bad. I wonder how much their look will change.

lokigod
16-05-2007, 20:08
they will probaly be like the new black orcs... same thing in plastic so you can pose them a little easier.

75hastings69
16-05-2007, 20:16
I think it may actually be called "Codex: Daemonica" but enough 40k talk, I understand that plastic daemons are a certainty and as Harry states some are already finished.....

Maybe their release will coincide with WFB Chaos redux ;)

There is info already on these forums of other Chaos models that have been seen, someone should hunt them out and put them together somewhere, in fact the guys at the Watchman did pretty much that (with a few minor ommissions) but it seems people aren't too keen on reading things properly to find info, they would rather open threads asking questions.

Good post Aflo, I think you are on the right lines.

silverstu
16-05-2007, 22:18
I guess I should put off buying those daemonettes then, thought the current model don't look too bad. I wonder how much their look will change.

I think the current daemonettes are fantastic- haven't got any yet but i plan too- hope the new plastics are as good a Juan's metals- then all I'd need is a suitably sized model of Salma Hayek in her Dusk til Dawn outfit [with the snake] as my keeper of secrets.....................sorry drifted away to special place....:D

Dr. Who
16-05-2007, 22:33
Maybe their release will coincide with WFB Chaos redux ;)

There is info already on these forums of other Chaos models that have been seen, someone should hunt them out and put them together somewhere, in fact the guys at the Watchman did pretty much that (with a few minor ommissions) but it seems people aren't too keen on reading things properly to find info, they would rather open threads asking questions.

Good post Aflo, I think you are on the right lines.

:wtf: Tries very hard to read between the lines for anything remotely resembling a hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean...:D

That would be plastic chariot, possibly new marauders (maybe even mounted? *starts praying*), possibly new Chaos Warriors with better poses. Plastic Chaos Knights have also been mentioned in the past, but may be a long way off yet. And probably a generic plastic general kit too somewhere!

- Dr.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
16-05-2007, 22:43
I already posted this in the Chaos rumour over in 40K but here goes. I saw the Games Day poster. It had a Bloodletter pictured on it. The picture looked like the very Old style Slave to Darkness era Bloodletters. Could it be a view of things to come?:evilgrin:

druchii7
16-05-2007, 22:49
chaos warriors were renewed (If I remember well) towards SOC, so I'm not so sure

andy demoe
16-05-2007, 22:50
I heard the new daemonettes will be fully clothed ?:cries: Is this true , does anyone have info regarding this ? I for one hope not , if so make mental note must buy daemonette........

druchii7
16-05-2007, 23:04
clothes? bad idea!! (I want even more breasts!! XD)

HiveTrygon
16-05-2007, 23:09
I hope they do the plastic daemons for this chaos codex. That would mean I could start my fantasy daemon army I allways wanted. I also would die if they brought back the old bloodletters, they were so far cooler even with the old sculpting styles. I'd also like the old horrors. :D

75hastings69
16-05-2007, 23:32
That would be plastic chariot, possibly new marauders (maybe even mounted? *starts praying*), possibly new Chaos Warriors with better poses. Plastic Chaos Knights have also been mentioned in the past, but may be a long way off yet. And probably a generic plastic general kit too somewhere!

- Dr.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner! plus obviously plastic daemons & spawn. I haven't heard this daemon prince rumour that seems to be doing the rounds though. Although a plastic Daemon Prince would be awesome! choice of heads, wings, bodies, weapons, arms etc. nice thought....

Nightsong
16-05-2007, 23:37
I heard the new daemonettes will be fully clothed ?:cries: Is this true , does anyone have info regarding this ? I for one hope not , if so make mental note must buy daemonette........

I hope that this is not the case. I could see it happening though as I am certain many mothers of younger gamers have looked at the Daemonettes and have been in shock.

If it happens I will be buying the current models instead as I have already started converting two mounted Daemonettes into an Exalted Sorceress of Slaanesh and a Exalted Champion of Slaanesh (and I think that they are coming along nicely). I was hoping to add two units of Daemonettes and two units of Mounted Daemonettes to my list and they would look better if they matched the characters I am working on.

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2007, 23:38
I doubt there will be any re-sculpts for the plastic daemons...other than say,command groups maybe(something they so desperately need).

As for plastic chaos knights....they are virtually identical to the plastic chaos warriors.

Plastic daemon prince sounds pretty damn good,seems the obvious thing to do seeing as its available to both fantasy and 40k,the cheapest option is to make one model for both systems.
Going off what the last daemon prince looked like it should look amazing.

Nightsong
16-05-2007, 23:41
If they do plastic Daemons by Christmas, I know what I will be asking ol' St Nick for!:)

Dargon
17-05-2007, 01:58
chaos warriors were renewed (If I remember well) towards SOC, so I'm not so sureThis is true, but the Chaos Warriors were only half renewed. They gained a new set of Warriors that could be armed with either Hand Weapon/Shield, or 2x Hand Weapons - with a promise that in the future there would be a second plastic set of Great Weapon and Halberd armed Chaos Warriors (as well as a hint of other future releases).

Now (2 years later) it seems that the predicted future is finally visible on the horizon.

Just a thought...

Harry
17-05-2007, 09:24
I doubt there will be any re-sculpts for the plastic daemons...other than say,command groups maybe

You are begining to make a habit of doubting rumours out loud.

Believe it, don't believe it. Stop going to the trouble of saying you don't believe it.

Harry
17-05-2007, 09:29

I already posted this in the Chaos rumour over in 40K but here goes. I saw the Games Day poster. It had a Bloodletter pictured on it. The picture looked like the very Old style Slave to Darkness era Bloodletters. Could it be a view of things to come?:evilgrin:

Now that is interesting. I had heard that the plastic daemonettes looked a little bit 'old school' so maybe they have taken the look of all the demons from there original look?

Jedi152
17-05-2007, 09:34
They've probably made them look less like strippers ... as people have said, this hobby is increasingly a young persons hobby.

Good to hear about the bloodletters - i loved the old ones - the spindly look looked miles better than the current beefy look.

The Dark One
17-05-2007, 09:41
Good to hear about the bloodletters - i loved the old ones - the spindly look looked miles better than the current beefy look.

agreed.
this tread is making me want to get more chaos stuff

Jonahmaul
17-05-2007, 10:35
Noooo, not temptation to do another army, please!!

silverstu
17-05-2007, 12:04
They've probably made them look less like strippers ... as people have said, this hobby is increasingly a young persons hobby.

Nothing wrong with strippers...:D
I think it's a highly appropriate look for the servants of the lord of pleasure..

Nightsong
17-05-2007, 15:01
I think it's a highly appropriate look for the servants of the lord of pleasure..

I have to agree on this point. They have a look that speaks of both pleasure and pain.

I must admit, however, that I have never seen the "old school" Daemons so I have no real basis for comparison.

Marovingean
17-05-2007, 15:32
clothes? bad idea!! (I want even more breasts!! XD)
So how would you buy clothes that fit??

M

theunwantedbeing
17-05-2007, 15:32
The new daemonettes are way better than the old ones.
Not as disturbing to look at.

Vogon
17-05-2007, 15:34
See here for the Old School Daemonettes

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301624&orignav=301116

They're hardly alluring

Cheers

Vogon

Nightsong
17-05-2007, 15:56

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301624&orignav=301116

They're hardly alluring

Cheers

Vogon

Thanks for the link.

They look kind of dumb with oversized crab claws. If the newer plastics are going to look more like these then I will most definitely be getting the current models. I will wait to see what they do first before I make any real judgement calls though.

Kavu
17-05-2007, 17:43
I honestly think that the new models where a big step forward from the older ones.

Do not feel any fear of the clothes as I have failed to see any indication to the amount of clothes! ;)

This is exactly the reson why I cannot seem to finish a second army to much choice! :confused:

wolf's Bite
18-05-2007, 23:03
Maybe they should make the Daemonettes' cloths as a different bit, so that you may choose whether you like it naked or with cloths on.
It should solve the problem of the inappropriateness to kids, because it will be the same as when little girls (and sometimes teenage boys) dress/un-dress Barbie dolls.

Maybe later they could make a box set of "Daemonette and Her Manson", with the new manson kit, plus a miniature wardrobe and a makeup table so little Ms. Daemonette could make her self pretty.

Nightsong
18-05-2007, 23:34
Ok! Now I have to buy the Fortified Manor and customize it to be a Daemonette Mansion:p

SpinO
19-05-2007, 09:15
If GW makes the new daemonettes and horrors like the old minis I'm going to be disappointed. But we'll see and hope for the best.

Khabuldashudeth
19-05-2007, 10:34
Mmm, new Daemon stuff... about time :p

I actively hate and despise all Daemon minis before this edition (I mean the core four here), but then I hate plastic so if they don't just re-do them in plastic its no big loss ;)

I love beefy Bloodletters and semi-nude Daemonettes. Great looks.

New Flesh Hounds is what I'd really like to see though. Maybe just new heads for the current ones that don't look so dopey.

Oh, and for them to update the rules properly. Look on the nemesis crown website, at the unit of Bloodletters towering over the chaos warriors next to them... an guess which has the T3 :wtf:

Oh, and GW... if you give Daemons any stupid tech stuff, like guns and bionics.... I quit :D

kaimarion
19-05-2007, 21:21
Maybe with plastic daemons we will see the choice of a daemon army actually come true :) lol
Any way one of the old managers (james) traded me dragon wings for a snicker and a mars bar...I stuck them on my prince:)

Wadders
21-05-2007, 08:30

They're hardly alluring

Cheers

Vogon

These are the second generation 'nettes - there are older ones from the late eighties that had smaller claws, and are the best of them all.

Jonahmaul
21-05-2007, 09:13
You got a link to them Wadders?

Zerstoren
21-05-2007, 09:33
I think I could quite like some pincer'd demonettes that are actually dressed, providing the claws are not over the top. That said, I prefer the current style of demons for Khorne and Tzeentch, with the exception that maybe the current Bloodletters could have more varied weapons. Nurgle's demons, I've never really had a fancy for in any edition.

Warsmith Strader
21-05-2007, 10:27
I liked those daemonettes, they didn't look like elves with claws, like the current ones..

But for the bloodletters, I hope the make the current version into plastic... I can't stand the wirery(sp?) original ones, unless its the 2nd version bloodletters.

As for new chaos plastics- I want the older multy pieced versions back with new torsos that the head doesn't look hunchbacked.

Jedi152
21-05-2007, 11:31
Here are my views on daemons:

Bloodletters: Look good but i prefer the old wiry ones - they looked like they had 'other-worldly' strength.

Daemonettes: They look ok, but are obviously designed by boys for boys. A bit too 'lad's mag' for me. The old ones - http://www.solegends.com/citcat89/c890225chaosldemons-h.htm - looked good too, from a time when Slaanesh wasn't just sex.

Plaguebearers: A range that's hard to get right. The only ones i love are the Mordheim ones - http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99111101008&orignav=300808 - they have a great disturbed feel that Nurgle should have.

Horrors: They current ones look good. Well, about as good as they can. It's difficult to model things that are pure change.

StarFyreXXX
21-05-2007, 15:31
both games use the same models....and they have the same names...but the 40k rules are much weaker than the fantasy ones....for the greater demons especially...(a fantasy GD > 40K GD)

The exception is, the forgeworld greater demons are like avatars of the gods themselves, so they are special unique characters in 40K, but in fantasy, they are just better models for the regular GD.

Sanjay

kakmonstret
22-05-2007, 15:34
haha deamons will rule later on.

silashand
28-05-2007, 03:01
Daemonettes: They look ok, but are obviously designed by boys for boys. A bit too 'lad's mag' for me. The old ones - http://www.solegends.com/citcat89/c890225chaosldemons-h.htm - looked good too, from a time when Slaanesh wasn't just sex.

I must disagree. I think the current daemonettes are some of the best daemon models (and the associated artwork in the various books in the same vein) that GW has ever done. The previous ones and the ones you list are IMO absolutely hideous. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but I do know that every single chaos player in my area that I have talked to thinks the current ones are awesome, even if they do show a little bit of breastishness. My opinion is so what? Warhammer is a grim world where there is little time or place for prudishness IMO. People who are concerned about a little breast here and there can find more on page 3 adverts in the local rag papers in the UK (and I'm sure elsewhere). If you're fantasizing about little figurines there's something wrong anyway.

So to put my money where my mouth is I just bought 3 more boxes of the current daemonettes for my slaaneshi army. I will probably buy another 3 sometime in the near future as well. If I'm proven wrong and they do copy the current models into plastic, then so much the better I'll just add them to the pile. But I absolutely despise the old models and absolutely will not put them in my army.

Cheers, Gary

Harry
28-05-2007, 08:03
If you're fantasizing about little figurines there's something wrong anyway.

This line gave me a little chuckle.
Warhammer is a game of fantasy battle.
We are all fantasizing about little figurines.
(be they Daemonettes, Elves, Dwarves, whatever).

Your a grown man who's just about to drop $200+ on toy soldiers...
....its only just coming to your attention that 'theres something wrong anyway'?!:D

Lord Khabal
28-05-2007, 09:29
They're not toys, they are fantasy miniatures :)
works of art, if you wish...

Harry
28-05-2007, 09:58
Good point. apologies to all the art collectors out there.

When you buy one of each sculpt you a collector of fantasy miniatures, works of art, if you wish.

When you buy six boxes they are toy soldiers.;)

Darth_Blade
28-05-2007, 10:15

Lol thats all slaanesh is about for most guys between 16 and 20: long may it stay that way!:D

Kriegsherr
28-05-2007, 11:32
These are the second generation 'nettes - there are older ones from the late eighties that had smaller claws, and are the best of them all.

O_o I respect anyones opinion, but I have to say, someone who thinks other 'nette versions than the newest from diaz would be alluring in any kind is a sick person ;)

No seriously... I didn't remember them to well, but I think they deserve to be forgotten. The same can be said about the second version of the demonettes, the bald bodybuilder transvestites from the planet transsexual.... you know what movie I mean, but even doctor Frank 'n Furter was more alluring than the horrornettes.

I have to say, the current iteration of demonettes are so well done, the only things that could be done to make them better are things related to personal taste and more variability in pose and clothing.... well, you know, what you call "clothing" when you are an almost-naked-demon-chick ;)

If someone says the current demonettes are too much for boys... what about transvestite or gay demon-things? Would that be better? Frank N' Furter with horns and fangs and tentacles? :D

That said, I also will buy the current batch over new, kiddified or "Retro-look" demonettes. This might be a good reason to also get the wonderful KoS from FW and finally build up a demon legion (even though I'll never finish painting them.... I just get stuck on the details on the 'nettes ;))

Unclejo
28-05-2007, 11:41
Of the old Daemons, I find the Plaguebearers overly goofy (but then having read the Nurgle section in Slaves to Darkness, goofy seems to have been the army theme...), the Daemonettes look horrible and suffer from the Mohawk trend of 80's GW (case in point, older Eldar:eyebrows: ) and the Khorne Daemons look too spindly and fragile. I like the old Horrors, they seem bizarre but still reminiscent of humans. Chaos is created from Human imagination, so I think they should be grounded a little in humanity.

Newer Daemons, Daemonettes look very nice, although the claws are little too big. Plaugebearers look okay, not great but not terrible. I find the new Horrors pretty meh, but I understand I'm in a minority on that one.

I loathe the Bloodletters we have nowadays. They just look like Khornate Beastmen to me, don't seem overly Daemonic at all.

Sheena Easton
28-05-2007, 13:42
O_o I respect anyones opinion, but I have to say, someone who thinks other 'nette versions than the newest from diaz would be alluring in any kind is a sick person ;)

No seriously... I didn't remember them to well, but I think they deserve to be forgotten. The same can be said about the second version of the demonettes, the bald bodybuilder transvestites from the planet transsexual.... you know what movie I mean, but even doctor Frank 'n Furter was more alluring than the horrornettes.

The whole idea of Daemonettes (indeed all Slanesshi daemons) is that while they are alluring, but also disturbing and horrific. So instead of being topless titty babes that you find on page 3 or the pages of FHM, they should be about all extremes of sexuality so and as well as being the 48DD stunnas should also be hemaphrodite, sexlessless, transgender, have extra breasts, bald, bestial or even *shock horror* be male (as well as the crab claws, tentacles and whatnot that all things Chaos must have).

Harry
28-05-2007, 14:38
I think there are websites where you can explore this side of your sexuality, Sheena.

If some parents have a problem with the elfin 'topless titty babes' I am not sure the 'muscle mary' with the strap-on tenticle is going to go down to well.

Probably best if the daemonettes remain fairly vanilla, given just how extreem the 'extreems of sexuality' can get.

Durloth
28-05-2007, 14:58
I find it disturbing that there are parents out there that thinks it`s OK for their kids to play a game of mass slaughter and bloody carnage, but are offended if some of those heavily armed and brutal miniatures displays a breast.
I for one thinks that a society where people played more with tits and less with guns would be both a happier and more healthy society...

silashand
28-05-2007, 16:33
Your a grown man who's just about to drop $200+ on toy soldiers...
....its only just coming to your attention that 'theres something wrong anyway'?!:D

Hey! I resemble that remark! ;-)

Besides, my obsession is better than your obsession, so there!!! ;-)

Cheers, Gary

silashand
28-05-2007, 16:40
If some parents have a problem with the elfin 'topless titty babes' I am not sure the 'muscle mary' with the strap-on tenticle is going to go down to well.

Probably best if the daemonettes remain fairly vanilla, given just how extreem the 'extreems of sexuality' can get.

Uh, yeah. No offense to anyone out there, but I think some of those "extremes" would be a lot more offensive to parents and general society than what you have now. I personally would rather have a little femininity in the models (they are called daemon-*ettes* after all) as most other options other than removing it altogether would be too disturbing for the vast majority of people (and probably the sculpters charged with making them ;)). Besides, if you really think a creature that has claws for feet, no nose, tentacles for hair and a big jagged claw for an arm looks sexually attractive simply because it has a cute ass and a few more breasts than normal, then what exactly are you fantasizing about in real life? Not sure I want an answer to that actually.

Besides, from a fluff perspective, males are the predominant fighters who are going to be on the battlefield in most WFB armies. It would make sense that the warriors manifested by Slaanesh against his opponents would focus on that fact. Other than the true non-humanoids like lizards, they would seem to be appropriate against most other armies out there. In the heat of battle, about the only aspect of Slaanesh that could be relatively apparent would have to be physical appearance and maybe smell, both of which are represented in the rules. It would be hard to appeal to pride, arrogance, or any of the non-physical senses simply because they usually require more time and focus to build upon. Those creatures that are already immune to psych either because they are psychotics with a death wish like slayers, have inordinate willpower like grail knights or they're just plain dead already like zombies wouldn't care what their opponents looked or smelled like anyway IMO ;).

On a related note, anyone seen the 2007 French Golden Demon Open category and Slayer Sword winner?

http://home.comcast.net/~silashand/WFB/Misc/8-1.jpg

The link is here:

http://fr.games-workshop.com/communaute/golden_demon/palmares.asp?annee=2007&pays=France&cat_id=8&place=1

Dunno who made it or what scale it is, but the sculpting and painting are absolutely phenomenal.

BTW Harry, the "muscle mary with strap on tentacle" comment was hilarious though... good one! :D

I for one thinks that a society where people played more with tits and less with guns would be both a happier and more healthy society...

Amen to that!

Cheers, Gary

Harry
28-05-2007, 19:39
His name is Allan Carrasco. He has won a dozen or more statues.

He is the same guy who sculpted this gal last year.

He is not to shabby is he?

My personal favorite is this guy from 2005.
(This is a normal scale mini!!! It was around 35 mm tall).

Looking at his stuff make me want to jack in painting all together.

Sheena Easton
28-05-2007, 21:40
I am not sure the 'muscle mary' with the strap-on tenticle is going to go down to well.

:D Haha...

What I meant was that Daemonettes shouldn't simply be pin-up girls. Though there is nothing wrong with a bit of breastage, it shouldn't be the defining feature of the Daemonettes. The Slaanesh = BOOBEZZ11111 approach just seems very tired and lazy to me...

Though the current 'nets are possibly the best lesser daemons from GW.

silashand
28-05-2007, 21:46
His name is Allan Carrasco. He has won a dozen or more statues.

He is the same guy who sculpted this gal last year.

He is not to shabby is he?

My personal favorite is this guy from 2005.
(This is a normal scale mini!!! It was around 35 mm tall).

Looking at his stuff make me want to jack in painting all together.

Thanks. He is indeed an awesome talent. I know what you mean about painting. Stuff like his is inspirational, but you know he had to put in more years of practice and effort to get to that level than most of us have for free time. In that respect only do I find it disheartening (well, that and I just can't seem to find the motivation to paint much at all anyway, but that's another matter ;)).

Cheers, Gary

silashand
28-05-2007, 21:49
What I meant was that Daemonettes shouldn't simply be pin-up girls. Though there is nothing wrong with a bit of breastage, it shouldn't be the defining feature of the Daemonettes.

I don't think it is, however, there is an argument for them actually looking like what they represent on the battlefield. I personally never thought any of the older daemonettes even came close to what they were supposed to represent. As such, I felt they were ugly and just not how I imagined them to be. The current ones do that in a big way I think, without overtly going down the route of looking like they stepped off some adult film set.

Cheers, Gary

HiveTrygon
28-05-2007, 23:40
Thanks. He is indeed an awesome talent. I know what you mean about painting. Stuff like his is inspirational, but you know he had to put in more years of practice and effort to get to that level than most of us have for free time. In that respect only do I find it disheartening (well, that and I just can't seem to find the motivation to paint much at all anyway, but that's another matter ;)).

Cheers, Gary

If I'm not mixing the guy up with someone else he was only 17 when he did that mini. He did not have all that much experience, he is an ungodly talent, very, very talented and great artist.

StarFyreXXX
29-05-2007, 01:24
Actually, about Allan... I had pleasure to meet him at GD france 2006 briefly. Nice guy..

He is apparently mainly natural talent (he has probably taken some art courses I imagine) but I am told by people who know him in real life quite well, that he is mainly natural ability. Not sure if he is a trained artist via education in university.

Allan's site is here:

http://allanc.art.free.fr/index2.htm

Regards,

Sanjay

Harry
29-05-2007, 06:23
Thanks for that link.

I have enjoyed his Golden Demon entries and his stuff on Cool mini but had not found his site before.

He really is amazingly talented.

(I console myself with the thought that he has no friends and is no good in the bedroom department.
However, this is just what I tell myself to feel better about my painting).:D

RoXxOrS
29-05-2007, 10:13
Chaos are getting an update in 40k...look at all the games day posters

Brother Siccarius
29-05-2007, 19:54
I honestly think that the new models where a big step forward from the older ones.

Do not feel any fear of the clothes as I have failed to see any indication to the amount of clothes! ;)

This is exactly the reson why I cannot seem to finish a second army to much choice! :confused:

Besides, they can be alluring even with "clothes". Witch Elves anyone?

Jonahmaul
29-05-2007, 21:23
*sigh* I wish that I could be that talented. While my models are painted to a decent standard they're nowhere near that sort of talent, been looking through his webby & he is quite simply amazing to a degree thats incomprehensible.

lorelorn
30-05-2007, 10:58
Here is what I have heard:

There will be two books relased next May - Codex Daemons and Warhammer Armies - Daemons, presumably to coincide with the release of the daemon plastics.

Grey Man
30-05-2007, 13:04
In the US, Daemons have become unavailable for order by gaming stores. The current stock cannot be replenished. They are not pulling them off the shelves, but neither do they have new boxes available.

Our independent store owner believes this is because new Daemon models will be out this fall, when the new Chaos SM Codex comes out.

Which seems like a reasonable conclusion to me.

rkunisch
30-05-2007, 14:05
In the US, Daemons have become unavailable for order by gaming stores. The current stock cannot be replenished. They are not pulling them off the shelves, but neither do they have new boxes available.

Our independent store owner believes this is because new Daemon models will be out this fall, when the new Chaos SM Codex comes out.

Which seems like a reasonable conclusion to me.
The same is true here for Wild Orcs and I am certain the reason is, that they will be repackaged into boxes of 5 like the dwarves. The same may be true for daemons.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Kriegsherr
30-05-2007, 15:28
:D Haha...

What I meant was that Daemonettes shouldn't simply be pin-up girls. Though there is nothing wrong with a bit of breastage, it shouldn't be the defining feature of the Daemonettes. The Slaanesh = BOOBEZZ11111 approach just seems very tired and lazy to me...

Though the current 'nets are possibly the best lesser daemons from GW.

Yeah, okay, now that is very true. Just having naked girls without any "demonical improvments" would just be wrong...

But I think the current 'nettes have enough cool features that ensure they look demonic enough.
The one big problem is, most people just paint them in skin tones. This is so utterly wrong for such demonic beauties I could cry every time I see them. Makes them really look like umie gals without noses and tentacles for hair.

Now paint them like I did, in a very pale blue / violet tone, with pitch black, shimmering eyes and some nice skin paintings like amphibian skin markings or slanneshi tattoos, and they look completly demonic.

Harry
30-05-2007, 15:32
They sound very cool.
Got any pic's please.

Cpt_NinjaPants
03-06-2007, 01:34
I find it disturbing that there are parents out there that thinks it`s OK for their kids to play a game of mass slaughter and bloody carnage, but are offended if some of those heavily armed and brutal miniatures displays a breast.

Just like the South Park movie, it's ok to go to war and mass slaughter, as long no one says any naughty words.

Hellebore
03-06-2007, 03:18
Of course. Killing infidels, nonbelievers and heretics is completely justified and encouraged. Having unnatural, ooey, gooey, yucky, premarital and unregulated sex is a sin.

Makes perfect sense :eyebrows:

I for one won't be using anything but Diaz' metal ones, nothing can top them.

Hellebore

Harry
03-06-2007, 11:08
I agree the The Diaz daemonettes are all I could ever need in daemonnete perfection, however, I imagine, if his golden demon entry is anything to go by, Alan Carrasco could give it a good go at topping them!

bertcom1
03-06-2007, 17:42
Will the existing metal ones continue to be available as "classic" or "collectors" models?

Or will they be totally withdrawn when the plastic daemons come out?

I like the existing daemonettes, I have 36 of them, but I think they would look just as representative of Slaanesh if they had more clothes/armour. The existing ones have various armour pieces on thighs, abdomen, chest, shoulder and arms, although none wears all those pieces of armour.

However, if they did wear a full set, while keeping the rest of themselves bare skin, or light clothes, e.g. the loincloth they all wear, then they would still look quite alluring, whilst also being armoured and warlike.

The mounted daemonettes in particular could do with more armour/clothes, as they really just look like naked funny looking women.

Harry
03-06-2007, 19:02
Under normal conditions the mounted ones are moving so fast you wouldn't have time to notice what they were wearing (or not) before they killed you. Armour would seem excess to their requirements.:D

Messiah
03-06-2007, 21:39
I cant understand how some people say that DiazīDaemonettes are not disturbing. Thats whats so great about them, being both beautiful and disturbing, I mean, is having tentacles for hair, clawy appendages for hands, additional joints in their legs, claws for feet and additional breasts not disturbing?

They are the best daemons ever sculpted for the games, even some of the best models scultped for the games, and if the plastic ones dont have the official "Diaz stamp" on them, Ill stick with the current ones, thank you.

Hellebore
04-06-2007, 01:22
I agree the The Diaz daemonettes are all I could ever need in daemonnete perfection, however, I imagine, if his golden demon entry is anything to go by, Alan Carrasco could give it a good go at topping them!

I must have missed that - are you saying that that Golden Demon nutta whose work has been shown on this thread is sculpting the new ones?! :eek:

The only thing I won't like about them is if they stray from the Diaz design then, the sculpting won't be an issue...

Hellebore

tzeentchgiant
04-06-2007, 05:17
I must have missed that - are you saying that that Golden Demon nutta whose work has been shown on this thread is sculpting the new ones?! :eek:I think, unfortunately, it's just a hypothetical.

TG

Harry
04-06-2007, 08:49
It was a hypothetical.

I was just saying never say never.
You never no when/where the next sculpting talent will come from and what new ideas they will bring to the table.
There are a number of talented guys out there who's work has, so far, only been seen in Golden Demon Competition. Someone is going to recruit this kind of talent, they would not be the first sculptors to find full time employment of the back of Golden Demon entries.
People thought Brian Nelsons Orc Boar boys were everything they wanted in Boarboy perfection. Yet look at the fuss being made about the new Gamezone Boarboyz.

guillaume
04-06-2007, 19:43
the problem with the current daemonettes is that they are too small and too thin. They are a right pain to model (anyone ever tried to pin those arms?!) to paint, and look smaller than your average empire trooper.

I like the pose and the style, but they need to be larger.

kaimarion
04-06-2007, 20:17
It wouldnt make sence if the daemonettes were super beefy baitches from hell,this sounds a little like ogre syndrome:p
Just to add ogres look cool as and were not a mistake,well I dont think they were...

ekxw
04-06-2007, 21:32
uhmm i have a unit pinned but only one painted, to paint them to a hight standar its to difficult to many breast(try to paint nipples), so many shadows and hightlights, but they look great

http://www.coolminiornot.com/148737

Messiah
04-06-2007, 22:32
the problem with the current daemonettes is that they are too small and too thin. They are a right pain to model (anyone ever tried to pin those arms?!) to paint, and look smaller than your average empire trooper.

I like the pose and the style, but they need to be larger.

Actually, if theyre plastic, you dont need to pin, plastic glue is your friend..

ekxw
04-06-2007, 22:47
uhmm dont know i always pin the plastic miniatures, for conversion purpose its needed, you know dremmel and in 5 minutes solved.

Messiah
05-06-2007, 18:48
Ive actually tried to break off pieces that Ive glued on with plastic glue, and in most cases, the model breaks in another place than the original joint (and then you can just glue the broken pieces on again and try again, voila, instant fun (Im a conservator, my work is gluing stuff together) :D)

ekxw
05-06-2007, 19:21
yep but when yuo are making a conversion changing weapons, the union its to small so pinning the helps a lot, for example my chaos warrior of 5 with weapons of chaos warriors of 6 edition

http://www.coolminiornot.com/154965

see you can pic them form the weapons with no problem those pieces wont unglue

theunwantedbeing
05-06-2007, 19:37
Cant see them,the links dont seem to work.

ekxw
05-06-2007, 20:23
uhmm dont know for me they work well.

besides we are a litle off topic talking about pinning didnt we?

YSEB
23-06-2007, 19:07
so what is more likely, new plastic deamons this fall or new plastic deamons in may 2008.....

theunwantedbeing
23-06-2007, 20:02
Pinning doesnt really matter on soemthing so small,you can use superglue and it makes no difference.
Or with poly cement for plastic models.

Your more likely to see plastic daemons in may 2008 than this year.

popisdead
24-06-2007, 15:47
Gav Thorpe confirmed to my blackshirt (manager), that the chaos in the fall is generic (we all know this) and then in May (11 months from now) there will be a book for daemons which does fantasy and 40k.

This will allow Daemonics Legions (all metal armies, can't 'nix them) and help throw another pile of dirt on the Storm of Chaos book.

Also the models are supposed to be on no-stock meaning stores are keeping them around after the last box goes but will order you a box if need be and that there are new 'kid friendly' daemons.

... kid-friendly daemons eh? ewwwwwkaaaaaay. Which is totally retarded as the current ones are all very nice.

Gen.Steiner
18-07-2007, 15:40
Gav Thorpe confirmed ... that there are new 'kid friendly' daemons.

:mad:

Arrgh! Daemons! Evil manifestations of the darkest desires of humanity's ego and id; not cuddly fwuffy bunny wabbits to patronise the kiddies with! Humbug.

I demand blood-soaked Bloodletters, pus-drooling bubo-ridden Plaguebearers, unholy and hideous gibbering flame-spewing Tzeentchian horrors and Daemonettes who could win Miss World by turning the other contestants into a coat with their claws...