PDA

View Full Version : 3000pnt Lizardmen for Tourny

RdDragon5
16-05-2007, 18:45
Here's what I've come up with, just looking for suggestions for weaks to the list. I don't have any Slann, so can't exactly add them to the list. Also note the saurus units will be 6x3. Questions and Comments welcome.

Lords: (737)

488 = Saurus Oldblood, sword of striking, light armour, maiming shield, aura of Quetzl, Spawning of Itzl, Sotek, Quetzl, Carnosaur

249 = Saurus Oldblood, great weapon, light armour, enchanted shield, glyph necklace, charm of the jaguar warrior, Spawning of Sotek, Quetzl

Heroes: (375)

135 = Level 2 Skink Priest, Diadem of Power

140 = Level 2 Skink Priest, Cube of Darkness

100 = Level 2 Skink Priest

Core: (836)

70 = 10 Skinks, Scouting

70 = 10 Skinks, Scouting

60 = 10 Skinks

60 = 10 Skinks

276 = 18 Saurus, Full command, Quetzl (Technically take up a special slot)

276 = 18 Saurus, Full command, Quetzl (Technically take up a special slot)

Special: (617)

232 = 4 Kroxigors

105 = 3 Terradons

280 = 6 Saurus Cavalry, musician, standard bearer, Huanchi’s Totem

Rare: (430)

195 = 3 Salamander Hunting Packs

235 = Stegadon

Total = 2995

him_15
16-05-2007, 18:48
You obviously need a Slann mage.

RdDragon5
16-05-2007, 18:53
You obviously need a Slann mage.

Oh sorry I forgot the rule where it says you have to have a slann in big games to win. Silly me.:angel:

I don't own any Slann models, and don't plan to anywhere in the near future. Should have said that in the orignal post.

him_15
16-05-2007, 22:00
Oh sorry I forgot the rule where it says you have to have a slann in big games to win. Silly me.:angel:

I don't own any Slann models, and don't plan to anywhere in the near future. Should have said that in the orignal post.

IC, but with only three little skink priests you might have difficult on the magic phase. And only Lore of heaven don't really help enough.
Also, I would suggest adding another unit of salamander, don't waste the rare slot!

PMTN
16-05-2007, 23:30
Him_15 is right, at 3,000 points 3 skinks isn't really constituting a effective magic phase. I would take out 1 preist, take the diadem of the other and strap two scrolls to one of them and use them as purely defensive.

I would take the jaguar oldblood to two scar-vets. Have one as you jag and put the other in a unit of saurus or the cavalry.

I would take 1 kroxigor off as im not sure of the effectivness of such a wide fronatge, its asking to be charged by two fully ranked units.

With the points saved, if your taking it to a cheesy tournament go with another load of skinks. If not go with something else fast like another unit of kroxigors.

I have the feeling you carnasour is going to be a bullet magnet, i would probably invest in more fast hard hitting units. Maybe another steg and a unit of kroxigors. They will more than make up the points the carnasour will make back. But i do love the carnasour....

But hey what do i know i don't play lizzys.

Goq Gar
17-05-2007, 16:01
Quetzl frowns on your lack of Saurus. For shame...

Less skinks, more beasts-of-bashing. drop the terradons, more beasts of bashing on cold one back.