PDA

View Full Version : Would an inquisitor have a grynx for a pet?

Lockjaw
17-05-2007, 00:12
those phsycic cats that were in rouge trader, as far as I can tell, they never were written out, but would an inquisitor have one as a familiar? seeing how they kind of boost phsycic powers, and some =I= are psykers, or would they decide they were xenos and kill them immediately?

Charax
17-05-2007, 00:23
It's almost never a good idea to generalise about Inquisitors - some of them have Daemonhosts, I'm sure there are some out there who wouldn't mind a psychic cat.

Whether the cat would let them, however...

Oh, and it's "Gyrinx", "Psychic" and "Rogue"

Grimbad
17-05-2007, 04:04
Unintelligent aliens are not usually maimed on sight. Grox are one of the largest sources of food in the Imperium. If every alien creature was purged on sight, Catachan, Fenris, Medusa (I recall a 'grox rendering facility' in a battle report) and most worlds in the galaxy would have received an exterminatus millenia ago.

Khaine's Messenger
17-05-2007, 04:47
those phsycic cats that were in rouge trader, as far as I can tell, they never were written out, but would an inquisitor have one as a familiar?

One can even assume that the "cat" pictured with the Eldar psyker in the Big Book is a Gyrinx...so they are most assuredly not written out.

As to a familiar...you could always pass it off as a pet or absurdist lucky talisman. It's not exactly as if an Inquisitor who honestly thinks that having a cat familiar around is a good thing couldn't find a way to rationalize around it. After all, between Psyber-Ravens and those poor two-headed eagles you see sometimes, I think it'd be only fair to let an Inquisitor get away with a Gyrinx...I meant "cat." ;)

Although as Charax said, the Gyrinx might have some opinion about this state of affairs....

or would they decide they were xenos and kill them immediately?

Everything you have been told is a lie. The fact that it is not of Earth or Man doesn't mean it lacks utility. While some Inquisitors see such logic as a first step on the path to damnation, not all Inquisitors are of that opinion (either they don't care or they just disagree).

Flame Boy
17-05-2007, 12:22
I suppose it really comes down to the nature of the Gyrinx itself. If it's just an alien cat that sometimes wakes you up with a telepathic "feed me" message, it's not that bad, but if it is more capable of that, then they might be considered dangerous or corrupting in some manner.

I don't think there is much background on them, is there?

Warwolt the skaven
17-05-2007, 14:07
lol! instaed of "maaauu" when its hungry. The grynx goes "wah-wah-wah-wah" :D

Cirenivel
17-05-2007, 14:13
Inquisitors are usually different as a calculator to a computer. They just don't think the same way. Many radicals hang out with eldar and daemonhosts. There was even talk about an Inquisitor that had a gaunt as a pet. So a psychic cat is no problem

Cirenivel

Slaaneshi Slave
17-05-2007, 14:17
If I remember correctly, the Grynx is not psychic itself, but acts as a catalyst for other psychic races.