PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Priests?

Morris
17-05-2007, 10:08
What is special about these chappies? In all the warhammer games you see them with a roasty toasty hammer but you never actually see them doing much.

Vattendroppe
17-05-2007, 12:18
They aren't THAT good at fighting, but they're practically mages that survives CC. All their magics are bound spells also, as well as they provide dispel dices.

lilljonas
17-05-2007, 12:28
And they can boost a unit by giving them hatred, which is nothing to look down on in a WS3-4 army.

nurgle_boy
17-05-2007, 13:07
I feel the main advantage they give, is combining what is a an effective combat character, and the addition of the extra dispel dice (vital!) and the fact they can use prayers (which whilst at frst sight seem a tad mediocre, are actually very usefull)

The Dark One
17-05-2007, 13:24
they also let a unit of Flagellants become core

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
17-05-2007, 16:11
The way I see it, warrior priests are there to support and make units more powerful instead of being unkillable killers who blink and you die. So really, dont depend of them to win you the game or destroy things single handeldy, but can be very useful in their strengths. and of course there are the 'extras'.

Morris
18-05-2007, 11:13
I'm just interested because a pair of Warhammer videos on youtube have a Warrior Priest in them. Each time he breaks out his big red hot hammer. Ok so in one of the videos a Chaos Chosen completely brains him but it looks cool.

lilljonas
18-05-2007, 12:16
Are we speaking about Warhammer Fantasy Battles or are we suddenly speaking about Warhammer Online?

Vattendroppe
18-05-2007, 12:25
Are we speaking about Warhammer Fantasy Battles or are we suddenly speaking about Warhammer Online?

I think he's refering to the trailer of warhammer online...

lilljonas
18-05-2007, 12:29
Yes, I'm thinking that too, which both makes this thread misplaced and misleading.:confused:

Or, his intentions would simply be that he is intrigued by the idea of Warrior Priests in Warhammer Online, and wonder what they actually do in Fantasy Battles. Then the rest of the thread would answer that: provide dispel dice without being a complete wuss, use mostly unit boosting prayers and boosts the unit he's in with hatred. He's a team player.