PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this?(Sorry if wrong place)

colrouphobic
17-05-2007, 13:33
First of all, I hope this isn't in the wrong place, if it is, please feel free to move it.

I looked at the Trade part, but I cannot just ask about this there-

I have scrounged through some older boxes of mine, and I came out with something I don't even remember what it actually was for, or where it came from:

Citadel Combat Cards.

I was never the Warhammer Fantasy guy, and appart from collecting a whole 5 (!) skaven warriors for my Skaven army, and buying the book for skaven of that particular edition, I never was that interested in it.

So I have no idea how I got these cards.
Probably, they might have been a gift with one of the earlier White Dwarfs.

In any case.
Do you people think these might be interesting for anyone out there?
Im not just going to give them away, but if nobody is interested in these kinds of memorabilia I might be inclined to just toss them...

Appart from not having a box to keep them in, they are in pristine condition. Five cards have very slight damage on one corner. There are somewhere around 50 cards in the deck. All images are of older painted minis from the Fantasy range.

Crippler
17-05-2007, 13:35
I would stick them on ebay mate, people buy anything now days ;-)

wickedvoodoo
17-05-2007, 13:39
You should probably ask in a forum that is more FB orientated, you would probably get more interest. There are a lot of 40k only players that browse this one.

Or as the guy above said, ebay them, someone out there will want them.

chromedog
17-05-2007, 13:43
They had these years ago. They did at the time include a lot of painted GW minis, not just fantasy. Some of the RT stuff was featured, too. Haven't seen any in years. Pity GW jumped the gun on the whole CCG thing.

Jedi152
17-05-2007, 13:45
They're basically top trumps for GW. I have the really old Spacewar one, and remember having hours of fun on the buses to GD's and school trips etc.

colrouphobic
17-05-2007, 14:36
You should probably ask in a forum that is more FB orientated, you would probably get more interest. There are a lot of 40k only players that browse this one.

Or as the guy above said, ebay them, someone out there will want them.

Yeah...duh...sorry...I thought I posted them in a more General Warhammer forum...

So again, if someone sees this, can they move it to the Fantasy General forum...

And thanks guys... ebay them... for how much?

Crippler
18-05-2007, 12:30
Are these similar to what you have

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws %2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=Citadel+Combat+Cards&category0=

Calden
18-05-2007, 12:38
I think I still have two decks of those floating around, if I remember correctly I had the Space Marine, and Chaos ones. I remember when I was a kid the chaos one's were the ones that had your mates sniggering on the bus, all those old Slanesh worshipers....

Inquisitor_Pink
18-05-2007, 13:22
Ha I remember those things playing strip top trumps will never not be funny.