PDA

View Full Version : Stand and Shoot

The Black Aquila
08-08-2005, 08:15
Hey all,
Yesterday me and my friend got stuck in a situation which we had never came across before. My Chosen Chaos knights charged a unit of pistoliers, the unit was within the distance require for them to stand and shoot. As such he took his shots normally as required and managed to pick off two of my lovely 5 knights. When it came to the combat phase my knights seemed to be having a pretty bad day and only managed to kill 2 of his 5 pistoliers. My friend then claimed that his pistoliers get to attack back. The problem that came up that since in any game i've played the missle unit in question has never been completely obliterated by the charging unit (that or I can't remember) are you allowed to take shots for standing and shooting and that get a round of close combat in? I thought that the stand and shooting rule was to give missle units maybe the chance to kill more than they would if it came to combat and that it neglecting their chance to strike in combat as well. Which is true?

Essia
08-08-2005, 08:20
The charged unit should get a attack back. The shooting is just a charge reaction.

Da Imp
08-08-2005, 09:05
You most definitely get to attack in the hand to hand combat phase as well. Stand and shoot is a charge reaction (and can cause you to take a panic test from losing 25% or more to shooting) and once it is resolved then the two units are brought into contact so the combat phase can happen.

The Black Aquila
08-08-2005, 09:58
*Starts making notes to self: "Kill Pistoliers with Marauder Cavalry next time..."*

Warlord Queek
09-08-2005, 09:29
*Starts making notes to self: "Kill Pistoliers with Marauder Cavalry next time..."*

HEHEHEHEHE
Chaos knights weren't such a great idea then? They should make it shouldn't they, pistoliers are just weak cowards pretending to be cowboys :D

Festus
09-08-2005, 10:03
Hi

Well, the Pistoliers killed by the charge don't get to attack, obviously, but any that were in Base contact and survived certainly can attack. Funny haw fast they are able to reload their pistols under stress though ;)

Greetings
Festus

The Black Aquila
09-08-2005, 10:35
Yes, it is, since the remaining three able to use their pistols in close combat combined with the repeating pistol champ, shot the rest of the 3 chosen knights away :cries: :cries: :cries:

Da Imp
10-08-2005, 07:32
well in theory they don't actually shoot in the hand-to-hand combat phase, just club their attackers with the butts of their guns. So they wouldn't cause any armour penalties and such... unless these are those mounted fast cav pistoliers... I think I have been assuming we were talking about hand gunners... :)

TeddyC
10-08-2005, 11:28
Pistols can be shot in CC using normal pistolS and AS modifier.... however only once per comabat. So on this occasion they would have reloaded uber fast after that first volley!