PDA

View Full Version : Hello BB World!

DigitsDavid
18-05-2007, 19:43
Only just realised there was such a thriving BB area on this site (not quick on observation me!).

Anyway, here's a couple of piccies of my home made pitch and my two favourite teams.

My long term aim is to build a proper stadium. I have been thinking of using the new fantasy buildings as some kind of backdrop. As and when I finish my current projects, I'll pop a WIP piccie up for C&C.

Cheers

May all your balls be long ones.

Gres
19-05-2007, 11:44
I have pitch envy. What's it like to store?

DigitsDavid
19-05-2007, 17:03
It stands on it's edge in the spare room! It makes a HUGE difference playing on a decent pitch as opposed to the board and is so simple to make, my then five year old son was able to help me.

I'm sure someone else will probably have posted this type of construction before, but if they haven't:-

Mark up a grid on a peice of MDF

Use tile spacers (about 2 from B&Q) on each node.

Mix brown pigment/paint, half a cup of PVA and a handfull of fine sand with a can of exterior masonary paint and pour it over the board. Use a flat edge to smooth the paint over, ensuring every square is filled.

When the paint dries out (approx 1 day), it shrinks down into each grid square. It can then be drybrushed with whatever colour you like. Roughly mix two similar colours of flock together (monotone grass looks crap!) and stick it down with PVA leaving gaps and the tile spacers exposed.

Paint on your lines and end zones. If you feel adventurous, add a central motif.

Voila!

the1stpip
28-05-2007, 10:43
My club has built a BB stadium, check out the how to do it herehttp://www.gobstyks.co.uk/Projects/bb-stadium.htm

DigitsDavid
28-05-2007, 11:01
Yes I've seen that one before. Very good. How do you find playing in it. Is it easy to reach over?

Daredhnu
30-05-2007, 01:47
d*mn that board looks awesome, must do that for myself

the stadium is also very nice and like DigitsDavid asked is it hard to reach over?

DigitsDavid
30-08-2007, 15:04
I have to say, I'd struggle with so much stand around it as I like to keep a linesmans eye on proceedings. I do however think that the new fantasy buildings could look good as a backdrop on one side. Perhaps have some bunting etc hanging off balconies etc. Mmmm....may have to buy me a box set.

the1stpip
31-08-2007, 18:07
It's not too bad, so long as you don't have a high table.

We only tended to use it for important games...

tenpole
01-09-2007, 09:10
What great designs you have. Join WBBL

DigitsDavid
23-06-2009, 22:49
I've bought myself a couple of the long buildings in the fantasy buildings range with the intent of converting them into a stadium stand. Has anyone else seen or done it themselves, I'm after ideas?

Cheers

Bazman
24-06-2009, 15:59
Nice Pitch Man