PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Dwarf army

Caligula
18-05-2007, 19:17
Hey again all. This is the 1000 point army I'm making for use in the campaign this summer. Please let me know what you think of it, and any suggestions you may have in regards to making it better.

Thane-
Shield
Master Rune of Swiftness
Rune of Fury
Rune of Cleaving
Rune of Stone
@142pts.

19 Dwarf Warriors-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Veteran
@196pts.

10 Thunderers-
Shields
@150pts.

15 Quarrellers-
Shields
Great Weapons
Rangers
Musician
@230pts.

10 Miners-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Prospector
Steam Drill
@160pts.

Organ Gun
@120pts.

TOTAL-998pts.

RavenBloodwind
18-05-2007, 19:44
Very dwarf-like. Solid, sturdy.

The one thing I'd reconsider is the organ gun.

For fewer points you can pick up 2 bolt throwers with runes and/or engineers. At 1k this shooting will provide a lot more flexibility. You have 25 missile troops already so you won't miss the multiple shots of the organ gun all that much.

If you're wed to the organ gun it's not a bad choice, I simply prefer the bolt-throwers or a plain cannon.

Caligula
18-05-2007, 22:13
Thanks, Raven! As always, your nod of approval is something I look for with my lists, thanks muchly!

I'm not exactly wed to the Organ Gun at this point, however it's what I've got for the time being. However, I think it's time for me to go out and pick up a couple of Bolt Throwers;)

Thanks again, Raven.

Caligula
18-05-2007, 22:15
Oh, and also while I might have your attention, in terms of growing this army, where would you take it? Say, for the next 1500 points? Maybe even 2000? What would you include and grow upon with this force?

RavenBloodwind
18-05-2007, 22:36
Your next 500 should likely include either a BSB or a runesmith for their respective uses.

Additionally a second block of good old dwarf infantry and another warmachine should pretty well eat up the points.

At 2k...definitely both runesmith and BSB, probably stop at 3 characters.

At least 3 melee units, an additional missile unit would be fine. Bulk up miners at 2k. More war machines.

That's just the reader's digest version.

Caligula
19-05-2007, 05:12
Great, thanks muchly for the advice, Raven. I'll use your suggestions as a guideline when it comes to advancing this army as I think it sums it all up rather nicely.