PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Spearmen

x-esiv-4c
08-08-2005, 14:23
Hey all,
I've been flipping through the Dark-Elf book and find myself wondering about the use of Dark Elf spearmen. Wouldn't the warriors be better suited with Rxbs and pack a brick of corsairs? How many DE players here use blocks of spearmen?

Thanks for the help,

-Xesiv.

Bubble Ghost
08-08-2005, 14:32
*raises hand*

Great thing about spearmen: they're cheap. Have you got the revised DE rules..? Also you can use hand weapons and shields for 4+ save in combat if you fancy it.

x-esiv-4c
08-08-2005, 14:37
Where can I find the revised DE rules? All i'm going off of is the book with the mean looking chap on the front with a rather pointy sword. ( I'm a WHFB noob )

Zeb
08-08-2005, 15:10
Count me as one as well. I use both warriors with Spears/Shield and Crossbows/Shield. But only Speares as a unit with full command and full ranks.
Corsairs are more a MSU unit for me.

Revision can be found at Games Workshops homepage (http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/update/assets/update.pdf), and if you look around you'll also find the new items from Storm of Chaos (Cult of Slaanesh) and the Albion items.

x-esiv-4c
08-08-2005, 15:30
Wow, only 7 points per model now? Damn! Thats pretty sweet, makes a huge difference!

x-esiv-4c
08-08-2005, 18:58
Just out of interest how big do you make your ranks of spearmen / rxb ?

Ethereal Alpaca
08-08-2005, 19:25
That would depends upon how you intend to play...For an MSU (That's Multiple Small Units) army, about 12. But since you mentioned wanting a horde army, try em in big blocks of 20+. You can just trial and error a bit to find out what you think is the best number.