PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Chaos Undivided

Asentaja
19-05-2007, 06:51
Ok, so here we go...

Daemon Prince with 4th lvl magic, Blade of Ether, Soul Hunger and Spell Breaker (555pts)
This guy tries to fly amidst the enemy causing terror, casting drain life and tearing down cavalry and war machines.

Exalted Champion with great weapon, shield and Helm of Many Eyes (129pts)
This guy will join my Chosen Warriors and protect them from cavalry charges, as well as bringing more kill count.

Exalted Champion with flail, shield and Amulet of Chaos (149pts)
Goes to ride my chariot, making it a killing machine capable of destroying units on its own and big enough to negate rank bonus.

Wargor with additional hand weapon and heavy armour (68pts)
Joins the Beast Herd and gives them some fighting power.

9 Bloodletters and 1 Bloodhowler (174pts)
I know these guys usually just suck hard, but I like the models...

5 Flesh Hounds (80pts)
Keeps that nasty fast cav at bay, and is able to take down missile units and war machines or act as a support unit.

2 Nurgling Bases (80pts)
Great support unit and has stopped things like a charging Stetagon for 3 turns. Captures table quarters as well.

5 Furies (75pts)
Screens my knights and takes down fast cav, war machines and those lone mages.

Beast Herd; 10 Gors and 10 Ungors with shields and the whole unit having full command group. (155pts)
They screen my Warriors and maybe Bloodletters as well and can hunt down enemy in difficult ground.

Chaos Chariot 120
Mount for my champion, what else is there to say?

5 Chosen Knight with full command group (275pts)
Everyone knows what these guys do best.

10 Chosen Warriors with shields (210pts)
With the Champion in there, these guys can take out most enemy units in 1 on 1.

Giant with Mutant Monstority (225pts)
Gotta watch out for those skinks, but I think I'll be alright.

Total of 2297pts

This army has so many big and nasty things that the enemy won't hopefully be able to take 'em all out. And when the rest clash into enemy lines, we will have some gorefull combat.

Edit: Oops, after calculating again all the points costs, it became 2297pts! So now I'm asking myself and you guys, what to take away to make it 2k army?

Deathraven
19-05-2007, 07:40
I'd drop the giant. They arn't as good as they sound and they really chew through the points.

Negativemoney
19-05-2007, 11:44
IIRC the blood howler is only available in Daemon Legion Armies. I thin you might need to drop him and ad another dog to your Flesh Hound Unit.

bedurnk
19-05-2007, 15:08
You can give the Bloodletters command in the normal lists, not just Daemonic Legion. It's the other ones (Daemonettes, Horrors, and Plaguebearers) that get that extra ability.

I can't remember what the Amulet of Chaos does, but I don't like the Helm of Many Eyes. Stupidity will just slow you down if you don't pass the test. It's advantages are nice, but you can spend your points more wisely.

Sasha
19-05-2007, 19:27
helm should be fine, as you're re-rolling anyway. i like the giant, but wouldn't bother with all the magic on the daemon. 160pts for something you want to be in combat and so probably not casting so many spells.

Anardakil
20-05-2007, 09:23
On the contrary I think he should keep the magic. Sure he cant cast many spells in cc but dispel dice are a must. Maybe drop to lvl3 then but I don't know.
Nice list by the way :)

Sasha
20-05-2007, 16:52
so whack khorne on a few units for some extra dice and get some extra punch for fewer points.

at the moment it's a quater of your army, and 655vps for 4 wounds, toughness 5 and a 5+ ward save (which he loses to magic). it's a lot of eggs in one basket and i'm not sure he'll prove worth his points.