PDA

View Full Version : Aeronautica - Foreign Fleet

Great Harlequin
19-05-2007, 10:34
I'd like to get into doing Aeronautica, as a couple of people I know are currently doing up some fleets. But, I'd brought this Narn Fleet from 'A Call to Arms' last Christmas, and it seems a shame to let them go to waste. Here's a picy of them:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Harliez/ctanarnfleet.jpg

What race do you think I could use them as? I was thinking a Tau fleet, but I have no idea if their ships are anything like these. I'll be getting the Aeronautica book soon, so I'll have a look myself, but some input as to what you think would be great. :cool:

All the very bestest,

Charax
19-05-2007, 12:41
the designs of the smaller ships bear some resemblance to Chaos fighters, the larger ones..no idea. Dedinately look nothing like Tau though.

Of course, you could always just make up a squadron lost for them, but I'd go with Chaos. You'll need some AI Hex bases for them, and the smallest and largest ships you;ll either need to make up rules for or use as something else (the largest ships would make decent models for the new Chaos super-heavy bomber, whereas the smallest ones could act like weak Grot bombs, or mark out ground defences).

fattdex
19-05-2007, 12:56
You could make all the little ones hellblades and all the big ones hell talons.

Charax
19-05-2007, 13:10
I was thinking more like this:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3183/chaosdl1.jpg
Green = Hellblade
Blue = Helltalon
Red = new Chaos superheavy/something else.
As to the small bases, I have really no idea what you could use them as.

Great Harlequin
20-05-2007, 11:40
Hey, Charax, could you insert the image using img tags? The link's broken for me.

Hopefully, there'll be some of the hex bases available, they keep selling out - might have a trip on ebay. Agree about them looking more chaosy, and those seem to be good suggestions, especially for the littlest bases. :cool:

SisterMordagg
26-05-2007, 18:06
I like Chaos.

After all, Chaos is Chaotic and things do not have to be the same.

amade0
31-05-2007, 21:30
why couldnt they be necrons?

Mr Zephy
31-05-2007, 21:37
Why couldn't they be one of the races not covered by the background? There's more in 40k than just codex supported races. You could even call them the Narns.

Using whatever rules seem best.

HarkonGreywolf
07-06-2007, 20:43
I tend to agree they look very Chaosy to me.
And just because FW have all the same models to represent the various classes of plane does NOT mean that's all there is.
Just call the small planes Fighters and the large planes Bombers!
Even the smallest can be fighters, there's no limit to size.
If you want to see why I recommend this, take a look at my Ork Air Fleet.
90% scratch built from 1/350th scale model planes. Of the planes I've built so far there isn't 2 the same, and their sizes differ radically. But it's fairly obvious which are Fighta's and which are Bommers!
http://swchq.co.uk/swcforum/viewtopic.php?t=1500
This takes you to the thread I am using as a WIP Blog, page 3 has the latest shots.
Hope this helps.

Harkon Greywolf