PDA

View Full Version : Army Builder 2.2 and Space Wolves

erion
08-08-2005, 18:42
Thanks to Forge World, I'm building a Space Wolves roster just to see how many points it would take me to get all my Wolf Guard Kitted out as Terminators and it keeps giving me the error that I have more than 20 Wolf Guard when I start going above the third Battle Leader and his four Bodyguards. By my count (and the rules) that should be 12 Wolf Guard once i Finish the third unit. I've tried building each unit from scratch instead of using the "duplicate unit" feature as well, but that wasn't it.

Has anyone else ever used it to build a roster that contains all 20 Wolf Guard?

Xander-K
08-08-2005, 19:01
all this confirms, is that army builder is full of faults - is pen and paper really such a chore for you?

erion
08-08-2005, 19:10
Hey Xander, if you not going to be helpful, try to resist replying. Is it really such a chore for you?

Xander-K
08-08-2005, 19:20
Hey Xander, if you not going to be helpful, try to resist replying. Is it really such a chore for you?I fail to see what your question is in this thread.. you just seem to be pointing out an error in army builder, I am merely confirming army builder is faulty, what more did you want?

athamas
08-08-2005, 20:14
its a well know fact, army builder sucks...

plus its far more fun to be surrounded by bits of paper covered in army lists!

Vic
08-08-2005, 22:48
I dunno, seems to me that sometimes army builder sucks for those trying to sneak in a few extra points ;)

I run 3.0 on my laptop, works just fine.....

Bruen
08-08-2005, 23:45
Has anyone else ever used it to build a roster that contains all 20 Wolf Guard?

It works fine for me using AB2.2c and v3.43 of the datafiles.

All I did was to create a new 2000pt Space Wolves roster, add a Wolf Guard Battle Leader, give him a bodyguard, make the bodyguard terminators, duplicate him twice, make one unit of bodyguard elite, adjust the numbers of bodyguard to 9, 7 and 4. No validation failure about bodyguard numbers.

What datafile version are you using and what exactly are you doing to get this error?

Note: I don;t play SW and don't own the codex so have no idea if this is what you are trying to do, but AB allows me to do it.

erion
09-08-2005, 00:20
I'm using 3.43 as well.

It looks like it doesn't start being a problem until I start breaking down wolf guard so that they can have different wargear loadouts. As long as I keep them with identical equipment I can have 5 bodyguards of four wolf guard each, but as soon as I add a sub-unit to give one of the guards different gear, it starts giving me validation errors that don't go away.

No biggie. I'll just have to let everyone count the wolf guard on my list... :)

Orcdom
09-08-2005, 01:24
you might need to subtract from your groups to make up for the sub units.
Steve

Alco Engineer
09-08-2005, 01:53
bits of paper can be so handy. I always find them in the back of my codex when I want a game as its not really practical to carry my PC down to GW for a games night.

Sure I could print a bunch out but
a) I'm not that organised and b) I never know who I'll be facing

Orcdom
09-08-2005, 01:59
why do you make lists to who your playing against?
only time i make multiple lists is when they say game night, i bring 3k in points and have a lits for 1k, and each 500 points upward. but not per opponet.
Steve

Wiseman
09-08-2005, 03:32
cant say ive had this problem with army builder 2.2 not to say i havent had my fair share of problems though

Bruen
09-08-2005, 07:56
It looks like it doesn't start being a problem until I start breaking down wolf guard so that they can have different wargear loadouts.

If you want it fixed you should go to ab40k3.homelinux.net and report it as a bug. You will need to tell them precisely how to recreate this problem.

Olith
09-08-2005, 17:19
Sometimes it messes up it's tracking of number of wolfguard you have is 20 or less and it is reporting it's greater. Make sure you haven't got any wofl guard squad leaders you aren't counting and try removing all wolf guard or starting your list again.

I was just able to do a list with 4 battle leaders each with 4 bodyguard without the error on v2.2c

Glabro
09-08-2005, 19:11
Army Builderīs great. I canīt produce crisp and clean army lists otherwise. Sure, .xls or just typing it out would work, but hey....

I donīt think the lists are that faulty. What faults Iīve seen, Iīve corrected with the included editor.

Gannon
10-08-2005, 07:41
I've also noticed that the blood claws are automatically given bikes on mine. Thanks for the bug link Bruen. Much appreciated!