PDA

View Full Version : Gorthor....

intellectawe
20-05-2007, 00:38
He has an item, the Impaler, that auto-wounds when to hit rolls are doubles, triples, or quadruples.

So if I roll to hit, a 2,2,3 and 6, both the 2's and the 6 would auto-wound.

Auto-wound as in the enemy model takes wounds or auto-wounds as the enemy model still gets a save before the actual wounding?

RavenBloodwind
20-05-2007, 00:44
Rules state 'wound automatically' but says nothing about not allowing saves. The attack will be S5 or 6 but should still allow a save at the appropriate -2 or -3 penalty.

intellectawe
20-05-2007, 00:57
Ok thank you.

Also, I assume I can cast Bears Anger on a Chariot riding Beastlord as he is still US 1 correct?

Makaber
20-05-2007, 01:04
Read the spell description again. "The spell can only be cast on a with a unit strength of 1 (it won't work on a mounted model or a model riding a chariot, for example)" should be your first clue.

Falkman
20-05-2007, 01:09
Why would the 6 auto-wound?

theunwantedbeing
20-05-2007, 01:13
The 6 wouldnt auto-wound as its a roll to hit and gorthors magical spear is not poisoned nor does it follow the rules for poison.

The 6 still has to roll to wound.

Note that when an item says "auto wounds" or "auto hits" it simply means that.You Still have to do everything else normally.
An item that ignores a save will say so.

Makaber
20-05-2007, 01:14
Damn good question. It doesn't, by the way.

It's an interesting weapon, that's for sure. Initially I was a bit sceptical to it, but it has a lot of potential. The thing about misses hitting anyway is pretty damn good, and I never considered that two rolls of doubles is as good as a quadruple roll. I'm definitely going to check out Gorthor in the local special character arms race that's going on around here. Just a shame the model is so horrible.

intellectawe
20-05-2007, 01:14
Read the spell description again. "The spell can only be cast on a with a unit strength of 1 (it won't work on a mounted model or a model riding a chariot, for example)" should be your first clue.

Army Builder says no such thing.

I plan on buying the book, but not any time soon.

Thanks!

theunwantedbeing
20-05-2007, 02:03
Best not to trust armybuilder,its not as correct as the rulebook or the armybooks.

intellectawe
20-05-2007, 02:25
I have been trusting it for years, and it works for me.

Atrahasis
20-05-2007, 05:24
You mean you don't have the rulebook? Remind me to ignore any arguments you put forth regarding the main rules in future.

intellectawe
20-05-2007, 05:39
You mean you don't have the rulebook? Remind me to ignore any arguments you put forth regarding the main rules in future.

I assume you didn't even bother reading this short thread, because your response is only applicable to Gorthor's Impaler spear rule, which last time I checked, was not in the main rules book. The main rule book was never a part of this thread at all.

I think you might need to wipe that egg off your face :eek:

Revlid
20-05-2007, 06:22
I assume you didn't even bother reading this short thread, because your response is only applicable to Gorthor's Impaler spear rule, which last time I checked, was not in the main rules book. The main rule book was never a part of this thread at all.

I think you might need to wipe that egg off your face :eek:

No, I don't think he does, as the argument we are on (the Spear one finished a few posts ago) does require the main rulebook: Namely, the wording of the Bear's Anger spell.
Over which he is right. It cannot be cast on a model in a chariot.

T10
20-05-2007, 10:13
Army Builder says no such thing.

I plan on buying the book, but not any time soon.

Yeah, stick with AB. It rocks the socks! Buying the books is like not downloading music from the freewebs: retarded!

-T10

intellectawe
21-05-2007, 16:38
Yeah, stick with AB. It rocks the socks!-T10

Exactly what I said! Too bad you missed the part where I said I was going to buy the army book.

Stay on topic. There is no room for trolling on my threads thank you. Respect please.

Atrahasis
21-05-2007, 16:50
Exactly what I said! Too bad you missed the part where I said I was going to buy the army book.

Stay on topic. There is no room for trolling on my threads thank you. Respect please.

Well, given that you're infringing copyright, that your tone was somewhat offensive in response to Makaber, and that you have yet to apologise to me for accusing me of having egg on my face, I don't think T10 is the troll.

T10
21-05-2007, 16:57

Woops! Sorry, I must have read the whole sentence, including "but not any time soon".

-T10

Captain Brown
21-05-2007, 17:11
Question has been answered. Questions asking for rules clarifications when not in possession of the Rulebooks does break WarSeer's recognition of intellectual property rights.

Thread Closed.

Captain Brown
WarSeer Inquisition