PDA

View Full Version : Urbandead-Zombies only [mhhrr]

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-08-2005, 19:50
Welcome fellow zombies! This thread is for zombies only, here we can discuss tactics and experiences in the city of Malton.

Maybe we could have a name for our diabolical man-eating crew of miscreant zombified corpses.

Discuss and eat brains my friends, and remember keep watching the skies!

Graaagh.

-Greig the Zombie

Freak Ona Leash
08-08-2005, 19:55
Attack Pooll Crescent in Eastonwood.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-08-2005, 19:59
Amass Zombies! Horde unto Pooll Cresent Police Department where we might find many goodies to help us rid the world of the living!

I'll be there in 2 ticks, I'm only 3 squares north of there, if only the server wouldn't overload, Runescape doesn't have this problem, grr.

What are you called, fellow zombie?

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-08-2005, 20:06
You are standing outside Elers Auto Repair, a derelict concrete building with revolving doors. The building's doors have been secured.

Somebody has spraypainted Zombies, stay dead! The Warseers are here. onto a wall.

There is a dead body here.

The Warseers? 0.o?

Freak Ona Leash
08-08-2005, 20:11
No noe is in there. It is jst a decoy.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-08-2005, 20:16
I know, but WARSEERS, you know, as in the forum we're on...

What are you called, freak?

Edit: Can you get through a barricade by biting it?

Lord Lucifer
08-08-2005, 23:13
Just stay out of Eastonwood.

Most of us here on Warseer have Survivors and Zombies.
The survivors are in Eastonwood, and that means our Zombies cannot be in Eastonwood, for fear of our accounts being deleted (read the FAQ)

So, pick another playground, and ZombieLuci will join you for some brain-eating fun.
By the way, all Zombies appear as 'A Zombie' on the map, names only show up for survivors

Son of Morkai
08-08-2005, 23:35
I have two wandering zombies (random encounters!) that could join in storming the hideouts of the non-Warseers.

Freak Ona Leash
08-08-2005, 23:44
I'm sitting outside Tryme right now. Who wants t ogo in and attack it?

Lord Lucifer
09-08-2005, 00:30
Attack what? The survivors in TryMe? Or your zombie?

Just start wandering out to the rest of us so we can set up our zombie posse outside of Eastonwood

Actually, there's an idea... we let our Survivors make offers to other survivors to join us and follow our directives... and if they refuse, we leave and let our Zombies loose on them :evilgrin:

Freak Ona Leash
09-08-2005, 00:34
The perfect plan...all it needs is some beer, pretzels and Waru.

worldshatterer
09-08-2005, 10:28
so where are the zombies going?

and what are the best zombie skills toi get???

Jedi152
09-08-2005, 11:24
My zombie is level 5 :D

He has shambling gait; digestion; neck lurch; scent fear; and scent blood.

Right now he's killing at least one person for every 50ap.

Tyra_Nid
09-08-2005, 11:34
Ive got two zombies maxed out apart from neck grip.

Brain rot for the win!

Both of them are in East Boundwood at the moment. Where should all our zombies meet up?

Odin
09-08-2005, 12:25
I've done some serious damage to the barricades at Crew Road School in Crooketon. I'm assuming there are people inside cos it's all barricaded up. If someone else can do more damage to them, my zombie can open the doors!

I've got another zombie trying to find someone to eat in or near Paynterton. Any ideas? This one can't open doors (but can much people very thoroughly).

TheSonOfAbbadon
09-08-2005, 14:24
Apparently, while I was away, this zombie came along and ate me whilst a ton of flares were thrown about the place, now I'm in buttonville with a pistol, 2 pistol clips and a crowbar...

Hmm...

Apparently I'm also now called Paine...

Lord Lucifer
10-08-2005, 12:55
Seems there's a zombie-exodus intent on clearing our living characters out of Eastonwood.

If you're up for a zombie-riot, I say sit in a neighbouring district (Gatcombeton Shuttlebank Yagoton Darvall Heights Brooke Hills East Becktown Richmond Hills or Ketchelbank) and go ninja on any zombies that try to pass through, and give them a running geurilla war the likes of which they'll never forget!

Freak Ona Leash
10-08-2005, 13:34
Why would we kill our fellow zombies Lucifer?

The pestilent 1
10-08-2005, 13:50
kicks?
giggles?
because survivors are hideously outnumbered now, and dont stand a chance if we dont?

Zombie guy bubba joe has begun munching on his undead brethren anyway.

Freak Ona Leash
10-08-2005, 13:53
Why would we, as zombies, help survivors? Killing other zombie clans (I've seen a few other clans like Warseer, Z.I.M.S comes to mind.) might be fun, just to show that Warseer is teh winnar. ;)

Lord Lucifer
10-08-2005, 14:04
Why would we kill our fellow zombies Lucifer?
To support your fellow Warseers and not take advantage of our planning groups here

To realise that hitting Zombies is the only real challenge in the game, and as it is the survivors are [naughty word meaning intercoursed].

And because Zombie Moshpits rock :D

But at the very least, killing something outside of Eastonwood so the rest of us can get involved is preferable

Odin
10-08-2005, 15:35
because survivors are hideously outnumbered now, and dont stand a chance if we dont?

Really? Must vary depending on where you are. My three survivors couldn't get themselves killed if they tried!

On the other hand, my two zombies are wandering around unable to find anyone to munch on who isn't safely barricaded in.

TheSonOfAbbadon
10-08-2005, 20:36
Well, I got Greig the Zombie back, whoever Paine was, he'll be surprised to find he's got up, moved, and is probably dead by now.

I say we should band together to rid one suburb of survivors at a time [probably at the rate of 1 per couple of days at best], I'm in Eastonwood, where is everyone else?

athamas
13-08-2005, 09:15
well i have a level 8 zombie in Edgecombe who is doing very well for himself... killed 2 people today!

Lord Lucifer
13-08-2005, 12:08
I say we should band together to rid one suburb of survivors at a time [probably at the rate of 1 per couple of days at best], I'm in Eastonwood, where is everyone else?

Not in Eastonwood, otherwise our Zombie accounts will be deleted.

Pick somewhere else to raid, but keep in mind that Eastonwood is a no-go area for most of us

athamas
13-08-2005, 13:30
well it would be good to get to one of the corners,

that way you only have ppl coming in from 2 sides and can slowly expand outwards..

TheSonOfAbbadon
16-08-2005, 14:50
Ok, so where are everyone's zombies? I'm still in Eastonwood, I was standing inside a building, a guy came in and barricaded me inside along with another zombie. So I tried to eat him, got him down to 24 health.

Where ever the most zombies are, we'll meet in the nearest corner and expand our empire of undead-ness.

neXus6
16-08-2005, 21:38
My zombie, theZword, is in Brooke Hill, "Pudsey Park."
Just got his first advance, Neck Lurch...woo!

warlordgrubnatz
16-08-2005, 22:49
mmmmm, braaains mmm, immmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmm, vmmmmmmmm, emmmmmmm, fughhhhhhhhh, ouuuuuuuuu, ugggggggg, rughhhhhhh, zummmmmmm, oggggggg, muuuu,braiiiins, ikkkkkkk, ekkkkkkk, charmmkmmmmms

Tyra_Nid
17-08-2005, 07:08
Hmmm, one of my zombies has ~300xp and nothing left to spend it on... i hope they release more skills before a zombie hunter gets me...

Charax
17-08-2005, 12:17
Well, I have 2 zombies - one Corpse and one ex-private (died too quickly to get any zombie-usable skills)

Damn those survivors - it's damn-near impossible to kill. I hate these stupid low hit %s, a zombie could spend 30+ actions attacking and score less than 10 damage. such is the life of the undead...

warlordgrubnatz
17-08-2005, 15:35
notice zombies- coming soon are warseer revive buildings- come and get revived, anyone atempting to ambush us will be shot into next week, were my future self will shoot you back.

Tyra_Nid
18-08-2005, 02:00
Damn those survivors - it's damn-near impossible to kill. I hate these stupid low hit %s, a zombie could spend 30+ actions attacking and score less than 10 damage. such is the life of the undead...

Until you get to a Super-Zombie that is... 3 damage with 50% to hit...

Mmmmm, brains. I quite happily munch 1-2 Survivors per day, with room to move.

Brother Frog
18-08-2005, 09:04
I quite happily munch 1-2 Survivors per day, with room to move.

I would be - if I could find any! :(

Until you get to a Super-Zombie that is... 3 damage with 50% to hit...

In the words of JFK: "Ich bin ein Super Zombie!"

3 Damage, 50% chance of hitting and I move as fast as hunters do. :)

Anyone know what the skills that come after Scent Fear or Memories are?

TheSonOfAbbadon
18-08-2005, 21:30
Hmmm, one of my zombies has ~300xp and nothing left to spend it on... i hope they release more skills before a zombie hunter gets me...

I suggest we vote Tyra_nid our Zombie General seeing as he has all skills and 300+xp.

Brother Frog
18-08-2005, 21:49
I suggest we vote Tyra_nid our Zombie General seeing as he has all skills and 300+xp.

I claim the post of Minister For Shuffling About A Bit, Moaning And Scooping People's Brains Out (String Them All Up - It's The Only Thing They Understand) as I'm getting close to that level...

TheSonOfAbbadon
18-08-2005, 21:55
What skills do you have?

We need to set up a structure for ranks, like: Having no or 1 skill means you're the most basic Zombie Grunt, have 2-4 will mean you're a Zombie Veteran, 5-7 Zombie Sergeant, 8 Zombie Centurion, 9 [not including whoever we decide will be the Zombie General] Zombie Lieutenant.

We'll also need other non-combat orientated ranks like strategists.

Sound good?

Charax
18-08-2005, 21:56
*Zombie grunts*

TheSonOfAbbadon
18-08-2005, 21:58
Try being constructive, you may be a Zombie but us green/grey skins must remain organized in our slaughter.

Note: I forgot the 3 hidden skills, so my previous military stucture suggestion is flawed.

Charax
18-08-2005, 22:05
Well that was rude, I was illustrating, using your system, what rank I'd be.

Oh, there's a group of deadheads gathering outside the quite strongly barricaded Parsley Building in Brooke Hills. Methinks they smell chow. and I do so hate fast food - canned is more my style.

Constructive enough for you? Or would you like a full 20-step zombie battleplan for the systematic annihilation of the living?

TheSonOfAbbadon
18-08-2005, 22:09
I thought you were saying "*Zombie grunts*" like you were talking about yourself in the third person. It still wasn't very constructive.

I think we need to set out our military structure before attempting to attack anything as, so far, we have no one leader to command us. Although you can go attack the Parsley Building if you want but you do it independantly.

Also, we need a name, "The Warseer Zombies" won't do, how about "The Flesh Eaters" or something involving flesh... or something...

Charax
18-08-2005, 22:10
Thank you, but I don't actually need your blessing to attack it, no matter how highly you may see yourself.

Brother Frog
18-08-2005, 23:41
What skills do you have?

We need to set up a structure for ranks, like: Having no or 1 skill means you're the most basic Zombie Grunt, have 2-4 will mean you're a Zombie Veteran, 5-7 Zombie Sergeant, 8 Zombie Centurion, 9 [not including whoever we decide will be the Zombie General] Zombie Lieutenant.

We'll also need other non-combat orientated ranks like strategists.

Sound good?

Um...I was being humorous...

Actually, I have:

Lurching Gait
Vigour Mortis
Death Grip
Neck Lurch
Rend Flesh
Digestion
Brain Rot

So I think I will claim that Ministry job. A cushy office, a secretary and all the brains I can eat. :)

Lord Lucifer
19-08-2005, 02:20
Thank you, but I don't actually need your blessing to attack it, no matter how highly you may see yourself.
Bingo!

Military ranks? For Zombies? :wtf:
BRAIN.
DEAD.

Organisation is extremely out of character, there's a reason Zombies only have a limited vocabulary in UrbanDead.
Survivors can communicate, Zombies are immortal. It's the trade-off

If zombies get organised into a military structure it's no longer a Zombie game.
It's Universal Soldier ;)

Son of Morkai
19-08-2005, 02:28
Also, we need a name, "The Warseer Zombies" won't do, how about "The Flesh Eaters" or something involving flesh... or something...
Flesh Tearers?

Or how 'bout Servants of Sylvania? United Zombie Coalition? Nagash's Footpads? Bucket Kickers? Nurgle's Children?

Tyra_Nid
19-08-2005, 05:59
Anyone know what the skills that come after Scent Fear or Memories are?

After 'Scent Fear' there are two more skills:
-Scent Blood (The HP values of nearby survivors are displayed next to their name.) Quite useful to see who you should munch in a crowded building after you smash down the doors
-Scent Trail (Zombie is able to sense the new positions of survivors it's had recent contact with.) Useful mainly for petty vengance- a level one scientist tags you, and you follow him to his hideout and eat his brains :evilgrin:. It gives a location such as '3 West 2 South' when you get attacked/tagged etc. You lose the scent if you are killed, which means its important for survivors to KILL high level zombies or they will find your hideout. Its always amusing finding a bunch of several survivors in a random building and killing them all off over the next couple of days until some of them get the idea and RUN

After 'Memories of Life' there is one more skill:
-Death Rattle (Zombie is able to communicate through a limited, groaned form of speech.) This is pretty useless, since it just changes whatever you type into zombie speak. As a demonstration: "i am a zombie and love to munch human brains for breakfast" turns into "Rh am hra zrmbrrh an rrh rh mrnh hrman brarn rrh brraa". The words ive found that bear a slight resemblance are 'zombie', 'human' and 'brain'.

If everyone gives their current suburbs, we can look at the map and find a suburb to roam around in as a pack. Not organised, just a brain huntin' pack :D

athamas
19-08-2005, 08:17
well i have

* You have Scent Fear (Survivors with fewer than 25HP are shown as 'wounded' in room descriptions, and asterisked on the map.)
o You have Scent Blood (The HP values of nearby survivors are displayed next to their name.)
o You have Scent Trail (Zombie is able to sense the new positions of survivors it's had recent contact with.)

* You have Digestion (Whenever the zombie deals bite damage, it gains HP equal to the damage dealt.)

* You have Vigour Mortis (Zombie gets +10% to hit with all non-weapon attacks.)
o You have Neck Lurch (Zombie gets an extra +10% to hit with bite attacks.)
o You have Death Grip (Zombie gets an extra +20% to hit with hand attacks.)
o You have Rend Flesh (Hand attacks deal an extra 1 damage.)

* You have Memories of Life (Zombie is able to open doors to buildings.)

* You have Lurching Gait (Zombie can walk as fast as the living.)

* You have Brain Rot (Zombie can never be revivified, and is harder to DNA-scan.)

all those skills, and am in Shearbank

TheSonOfAbbadon
19-08-2005, 16:00
Zombie General-12 skills, voted into position.
Zombie Lieutenant-12 skills.
Zombie Veteran-8-11 skills.
Zombie Sergeant-5-7 skills.
Zombie Warrior-2-4 skills.
Zombie Grunt-0-1 skills.
Zombie Strategist-voted into position.
Zombie Scout-voted into position, must have lurching gait.

The Zombie General will rule us overall, the Lieutenants will assist him, the Veterans will be their best warriors, the Sergeants will be their elite warriors, the Warriors will be their adequate warriors, the Grunts will be their shotgun fodder. The Strategist will help the General come up with strategies, the Zombie Scouts will scout out survivor positions for things like how many survivors are there, how strong they are, how well barricaded a position is, where they are etc.

Sound good? I only have 1 skill [not including the first skill you start with] so I'll be a Grunt, Athamas will be a Veteran, Tyra_nid will be a Lieutenant or a General, Bro Frog will be a Sergeant. So, I'm in Shuttlebank, Athamas is in Shearbank, where are you?

Also, suggestion for a name: Satan's maw.

Jedi152
19-08-2005, 16:07
My level 7 zomb is currently munching his way through Buttonville.

He's just found a real gem. A PD with no barricading, with a load of defenceless characters in side, relying on the closed doors for protection. Yum.

Charax
21-08-2005, 10:23
Woohoo! first (human) kill!
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=75089
Poor guy, looks like he'd only just joined. I hurt him, got to 100XP, bought Death Grip and finished him off. Then I used my last AP to yell "GRAAAAH!"

Life is good once you're able to actually HIT your prey.

Tyra_Nid
21-08-2005, 11:38
Life is good once you're able to actually HIT your prey.

You mean, Undeath is good once you're able to hit ;)

Ive found most of my meals are from level 0's/1's. Unfortunately they often dont even get a chance to LEARN that they must log out indoors... oh well.

Its the most fund munching high level players, although often they have friends with syringes...

Brother Frog
22-08-2005, 10:24
There is some suspicious behaviour going on - at least, I consider a survivor with a zombie bodyguard suspicious!

This survivor runs up to me, revives me, and there was a brief pause before the zombie bodyguard is on me and killed me outright. The pause seemed to be as much time that's required to log out of one character then log in as another.

I suppose that's one way to get more XP for your zombie character.

Jedi152
01-09-2005, 12:08
In traditional zombie style, i'm hitting 'stand up' on this thread.

What the hell does scent trail do?

My maxed out zombie has everything, but i can't see how this skill works.

Take now for example, i've just been attacked and the guy ran off. Shouldn't scent trail tell me where he went? How does it do that?

**EDIT** Ok, i get it now. I revived the thread for nothing. :cries:

Jedi152
01-09-2005, 16:05
Damn. I fell for the oldest trick in the book ... ran out of AP in a building, and i've been barricaded in!

Son of Morkai
01-09-2005, 19:10
One of my zombies charged into a building and got revived! But I'm getting back at them by speaking only in 1337 while yelling about my "10% Fists of Fury" and how they will decimate the zombie hordes. I think I've hit a zombie 3 times...

Yorkiebar
01-09-2005, 20:49
I've smashed up 4 or 5 barricades in Eastonwood to find no-one inside. I'm currently working on Poole Crescent...

worldshatterer
02-09-2005, 09:26
Shearbank's pretty scary at the moment, nothing but wide open doors and a zombie horde...

Yorkiebar
04-09-2005, 12:37
Update: I'm now attacking the barricades on the Gunson Building in Eastonwood, having levelled up twice. I have all but one of the zombie skills now!

Check out my character using the link in my sig.

Brother Frog
04-09-2005, 15:16
Ditto. I can't decide whether I want to take Brain Rot or not. That's the only skill that I don't have...

Yorkiebar
04-09-2005, 18:37
Ditto. I can't decide whether I want to take Brain Rot or not. That's the only skill that I don't have...Get it, you don't want to be revivified, do you?

I don't have that tracking one...

Brother Frog
04-09-2005, 19:17
Make sure you get the tracking one! It is the greatest tool for revenge yet! :evilgrin:

VanHel
05-09-2005, 05:54
Im preying on anything that happens to wander into Kempsterbank.

Yorkiebar
06-09-2005, 15:07
Head to the Tryme Building in Eastonwood, I've almost got the barricades down and a few of the WarSeer survivors are in there.

EDIT: Tryme has now fallen, I'm roving the suburb for any survivors.

TrollTyg
08-09-2005, 08:25
i have just diead and joined the ranks of the undead and i must say that im verry proud of it ;)
oh by the way ate my first brain today :angel:

Mouldsta
08-09-2005, 13:05
bah, after three days of attacking some guy called swizzle (I'm a very fresh zombie - lv1, so not very good at hitting) I nearly had him dead, then someone else came along and killed me (again) inthe time i was logged out.....I'll have my revenge Reviveme2.....

athamas
08-09-2005, 14:13
well i have 700+ xp to spend... if i had not taken brain rot i could have been sneaky.. instead im sitter here with a pile of XP.. oh well!

ironduke
08-09-2005, 14:16
Bit annoyed every time with my zombies i'm about to level up some one kills me at night when i'm away.
It also seems to be zombies that are attacking me this is wrong. Oh i also like what some people are doing making zombie bodyguards that follow them everywhere and attack other zombies.... (whinges a bit more)

Yorkiebar
08-09-2005, 18:38
Update: Check out my profile! (http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=4563) I now have every existing zombie skill!

Son of Morkai
08-09-2005, 18:51
Why is it that random people insist on randomly reviving my zombies when they stand in random placed, minding their own random business and not bothering anyone else?

Yorkiebar
08-09-2005, 19:16
Just get Brain Rot as soon as possible.

Son of Morkai
08-09-2005, 19:22
But I don't want brain rot...

I couldn't complain, then.

Brother Frog
08-09-2005, 19:43
Update: Check out my profile! (http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=4563) I now have every existing zombie skill!

Who doesn't? I've still got 385 Xp kicking around, and nothing to spend it on...

Jedi152
09-09-2005, 09:06
Exactly: Who doesn't?

I have 600+ XP lying around...

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=19548

Yorkiebar
11-09-2005, 16:53
St. Simon's hospital in Eastonwood has 10+ survivors in it, and is not even barricaded. I already killed one and got another down to half hp. Come join the feast!

EDIT: Moved next door to St. Anselm's, have killed one survivor and about to eat another two.

Yorkiebar
24-09-2005, 22:31
There is a new zombie skill available - Infectious Bite. Looks very nice, and will make bite my favourite attack rather than claw. Now I just have to break into a hidey-hole, bite everyone inside once, and wander off :evilgrin:

Son of Morkai
24-09-2005, 22:34
Semi-useless? It stops people from fighting back and seriously hurts their ability to run away. It'll be great for those running battles and for taking down people without FAKs. True, it doens't directly help the zombie, but it looks like it was intended to be the zombie version of headshot. It might not help you much, but it certainly hinders the other side.

Yorkiebar
24-09-2005, 22:37
Semi-useless? It stops people from fighting back and seriously hurts their ability to run away. It'll be great for those running battles and for taking down people without FAKs. True, it doens't directly help the zombie, but it looks like it was intended to be the zombie version of headshot. It might not help you much, but it certainly hinders the other side.Sorry, didn't read the description right. I thought it said 1HP per day. My post has been edited.

Jedi152
26-09-2005, 11:56
God i love infectious bite! Just broken into a PD full of survivors and infected 11 of them!

Should spread a bit of panic about!

I love the nasty trick of cutting them down to 1hp and infecting them. Do they move and die, or sit and die slowly? :D

Kohhna
19-10-2005, 14:40
Infectious bite sounds fun, I'm getting that next

Yorkiebar
19-10-2005, 18:07
Not worth it until you have almost every other skill Kohhna. People get healed too easily and AFAIK, infection damage is not added to your XP.

Kohhna
20-10-2005, 19:13
Well I'm Alive again now anyway. I'll just get some ammo and amp up my XP until I can get some more Zed skills.

Reminds me, I must take the opportunity to Spray "Rrrrl Yrrr Brrrnz rrr Brrrlrrng trrr urrz" Somewhere