PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Chariot List

intellectawe
20-05-2007, 01:11
This list is built for both theme and power. I just wish Shamans could ride chariots, because I would if I could.

Beastlord w/ Chariot and Berserker Sword, Armor of Damnation and Gaze of Gods

Level 2 Bray Shaman w/ Bray Staff, DS and Spell Familiar

Level 2 Bray Shaman w/ DS and Gore Tooth

Level 2 Bray Shaman w/ Bray Staff and 2 DS

13 Tuskgor Chariot

6 Screamers

12 Furies

Depending on my opponent, my Lord can enter combat, and with his wider base, can add some good amount of attacks with his Berserker Sword.

Screamers and Furies are my Warmachine hunters.

The Chariots, well, they just lunge forward and crush stuff. Trying to assault units in pairs when possible.

Any real suggestions and helpful critiques?

Makaber
20-05-2007, 01:31
Well, can't cast Bears Anger on models in chariots, but you allready knew that.

I'm not a fan of all-chariot armies, it's taking it too far. One trick pony armies like these rarely result in a good game: Either you win big and your opponent has no fun, or you lose big and have no fun yourself. It also ends up depending way too heavily on the army match-up, and not on player skill, which rarely makes for a fun evening.

intellectawe
20-05-2007, 02:22
I have my Chaos Dwarves and my Dwarf armies for my fun matches at my local store, but this list is all about being fluffy yet retaining that delicious cheese taste to it.

When I pay 100 bucks to enter a GT, I plan on winning. And I would rather do that with a cool looking army than having Thorek do all the work.

I have edited out the Bears Anger part, as it is no longer part of my strategy.

Thanks!!

SevenSins
20-05-2007, 11:12
Maybe add a couple of min-size herds for flank protection and woods hunting?

Be Afraid
20-05-2007, 20:16
hmm, undead could be a serious problem, as you cannot brake them on the charge.

deadkez
20-05-2007, 20:37
Just playing devil's advocate, but how are you going to cope with with the huge amount of Wood Elf lists seen at GTs?

Everything will hide in woods, shoot the shamans (is the plural of shaman just shaman?) and the furies and then just deny you points. The light cav units will run circles around you..

Don't get me wrong, 14 chariots will crush most armies including my strongest VC builds. Just can't see this winning any tourney (esp. those with soft scores).

Sanjuro
20-05-2007, 20:47
This army is not going to win any tournament with soft scores. Actually, I doubt you will be able to get high enough battle scores to really contend for the top placements - it is much too hit or miss.

But it's whacky and completely over the top. It's definitly a solid list for a no comp, no holds barred tournie, if you ever have those where you live.

rexim
20-05-2007, 21:31
As an empire player i would LOVE this list. you need at least a heard to hide your wizards in. and i have not played a match against BoC when 2 unites of dogs have paid their points.

intellectawe
21-05-2007, 16:48
Maybe add a couple of min-size herds for flank protection and woods hunting?

Well, I am going for a Chariot Theme, so I am going to have some weaknesses I cannot cover. As much as I want to win win win, ironically, I want to keep a theme that is going to force on me some weaknesses.

I might take out the heroes for Herds, just for the fact that they aren't on chariots either, but then i am giving up my scroll caddies for forest hunters. Which do you think is more important on average?

Just playing devil's advocate, but how are you going to cope with with the huge amount of Wood Elf lists seen at GTs?

Nothing.

I don't live in the UK. So I don't have to worry about that since that is where i see all these WE lists.

..a no comp...

Actually, it is perfect for comp since it is all Core. I don't get dinged for having full specials or full rares.

As an empire player i would LOVE this list. you need at least a heard to hide your wizards in. and i have not played a match against BoC when 2 unites of dogs have paid their points.

This goes great with what was said earlier about herds.

If I am going to stick herds in, I might need to take the shamans out. I am going to play this list for a few weeks and see what works and what doesn't. Thank you for your insight.

Half Timer
21-05-2007, 17:00
Sounds Good...

SevenSins
21-05-2007, 18:07
give us a feedback on your testing then. Main turnoff for me on this list is cost, not points but cash....

intellectawe
21-05-2007, 22:51
give us a feedback on your testing then. Main turnoff for me on this list is cost, not points but cash....

I totally agree.

I can't even find a single ebay auction for Tuskgor Chariots. And no way am I going to be able to find a chariot army for trade.

This is going to be long and painful.

SevenSins
22-05-2007, 07:53
the best bet would probably be to proxy it against some friends then, so you don't toss a load of out the window.
Also converting a few chariots (or at least bits and pieces) so they don't all look the same would be great

Frankly
22-05-2007, 08:27
I can't even find a single ebay auction for Tuskgor Chariots. And no way am I going to be able to find a chariot army for trade.

This is going to be long and painful.

Have I got you mixed up with another poster, or haven't you run this army before at a GT?

DesertDirge
22-05-2007, 14:10
drop about six chariots (8 is still over the top) drop a shaman, get two herds to protect and hunt. get a unit of minos or ogres.

Sanjuro
22-05-2007, 14:21
8 is over the top, but 8 chariots will most likely be gone after turn 2 versus Empire or Dwarves. Also, I think if you are gonna be over the top, be insanely and completely whacky over the top. Don't bring something that can even resemble a balanced army to the table - just put down something really out there.

intellectawe
22-05-2007, 16:54
Have I got you mixed up with another poster, or haven't you run this army before at a GT?

Sorry sir, there was a post about this some time early last year about the very same list, and taking it to a GT, but that wasn't me.

The inspiration for this list came from my Friend's Tomb King Chariot list. I don't want to get into any sort of debate due to what I am going to say, but, people online tend to follow the 'herd' sort of speak. Unless its the build of the month, no matter what list you tack up on the internet, people will always pick it apart like the list exists in a vacuum. Case in point, trying to put up an all chariot TK list gets you post after post of people saying this is bad and that is bad instead of taking the time to sit back, play test the list, and saying, wow, that is genius. My friend does win all the time against your average player, whom happen to be the majority who post online. And in real life, they are always stunned at how a 'different army' can preform better than an army of the month that was posted online somewhere. Just like how my Dwarves can beat my friends TK army. Because we think outside the box and learn how to be real strategists on the table top, instead of charging forward and loosing.

The reason for this list is because if I could, I would just copy my friends list and roll over GTs left and right, but, he already has this list, and i hate playing same race battles. I had to think of another army that could field all chariots because I have seen how they preform en mass on the table top.

Of course this army might not preform nearly as reliable as my friends TK list, but that is what test playing is all about :)

drop about six chariots (8 is still over the top) drop a shaman, get two herds to protect and hunt. get a unit of minos or ogres.

The reason for mass chariots is that I cannot get the first turn charge like my Friend's TK list can. I need numbers to survive magic and the occasional cannon or two.

I will play test your idea this weekend. This is the same thata few posters has said in this thread, about getting a herd or two.

I will most def. try this out. Thanks!

8 is over the top, but 8 chariots will most likely be gone after turn 2 versus Empire or Dwarves. Also, I think if you are gonna be over the top, be insanely and completely whacky over the top. Don't bring something that can even resemble a balanced army to the table - just put down something really out there.

Referring to my first response in this post, this is the kind of negative response you get on the internet. Saying 8 Chariots are gone after turn two to Empire or Dwarves is your typical "the sky is falling" response.

8 Chariots? To what? The perfect shots of my opponent every and each game? The game where he gets his guess down to an inch every shot, and never misfires? The games where my warmachine hunters don't engage his machines by turn 2?

I don't mind criticism, but when people respond with stuff like that, and don't go into detail, I just sort of ignore it. You can say the same thing about ANY unit in the game, and following that logic, no unit is worth taking.

I am taking SO MANY chariots just in case something like that WERE to happen.

And about over the top, I thought this was a bit over the top? In my opinion, over the top is really something that isn't normally fielded.

And as much as I agree with you about balance, this list if for the 2008 GT season, so it has to have the choices for Core, Special, Rares, here in the US for points. It just so happens that an all chariot list is an all Core list.

Heck, I didn't even want the demons in the list, but I am not too stupid, and I know I need something to hunt warmachines and/or act as fodder for my chariots.

I play dwarves, and cannon use isn't perfect, but even if my dwarf/empire opponent plays 'his' perfect game once in a blue moon, there are plenty of other games where bolt throwers miss and cannons don't fire :)

If I could make the perfect list where I had no weakness, what would the point of playing if there was no challenge? As much as I want to win, I still want a challenge.

Sanjuro
22-05-2007, 20:21
I don't mind criticism, but when people respond with stuff like that, and don't go into detail, I just sort of ignore it. .

You are quite right and I am sorry - it was a blanket statement and I only posted it since I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't have time to develop it further. I should have just kept my mouth shut/typing fingers still. :)

In all fairness, 2 cannon, 20 handgunners and about 2 mages most likely sporting one magic missile spell each (all things one might expect from a balanced Empire army these days) are quite capable of taking down 3-4 chariots per turn. But as you said, Vacuum-Hammer isn't that constructive most of the time. The times they will actually kill stuff to their full potential is probably equal to the times they don't do anything at all.

But my point was that I think you should stick with your idea - if you want to do something crazy like this, you should! You should not go in half-cocked with 8 chariots and some backup, go all the way.

intellectawe
22-05-2007, 23:01
You are right, ranged armies will give me trouble....

I will test this list this weekend with proxies and get back to you. My friend plays Empire, so that should be a fair ranged vs. chariot fight right there :)

SevenSins
23-05-2007, 08:34
Best of luck then, bat reps are always apreciated, so bring a camera and run him down.

Sanjuro
23-05-2007, 12:10
You are right, ranged armies will give me trouble....

I will test this list this weekend with proxies and get back to you. My friend plays Empire, so that should be a fair ranged vs. chariot fight right there :)

Want my honest opinion?

I think you will murder him. Absolutely crush him. That is, unless he plays a true gunline. 'course, a Stank will give you no end of trouble.

beastgod
23-05-2007, 20:00
You could use one mortal wizard in an chaos chariot as an scrollcaddy then use the rest of the points to some warhounds and centigors., or just more chariots...

Frankly
24-05-2007, 13:15
Sorry sir, there was a post about this some time early last year about the very same list, and taking it to a GT, but that wasn't me.

Oh OK. Sorry bout that.

I like your list,, I like chariots armylists in general .. more later ... I'm watching the state of origin.

intellectawe
25-05-2007, 05:34
I will play a game with this list, then a game with some herds proxied in and the wizards removed.

Frankly
25-05-2007, 09:10
I like the idea of adding herds, terrain faeture willl be a problem with this list, so will magic and shoting, but atleast you have enough anti-magic.

Every thought of going chariots + ambushing, so you can break enemy units with combined chariots charges into beast herds for the auto kill.

theDarkGeneral
26-05-2007, 16:11
Greetings intellectawe...here's some comments...

*Which GTs do you plan on attending? I'll be at both the Vegas and Baltimore ones...

*Slow...your Army is slow, and thus it'll have problems with both the heavy Shooty Lists and the Heavy Zappy lists...

*Also, if you can't blow through things, your a fish out of water...Bretonnians, Daemons, Slayers of Karak Kadrin, Undead, etc., are all going to just sit there if you get the charge...

*Composition; Believe it or not, Comp is out of the GT circuit, but replaced with a much higher Sportsmanship score...I'd ding you heavily, because your list has little in the way of theme...Chariots are themed in Tomb Kings because that's what they used to fight...it's all part of their fluff...trying to take advantage of the Core Chariots isn't going to win you any friends or good scoring...so don't be dissappointed or frustrated if you don't score high in the "soft scores" department...

*Good luck to you either way, some Battle Reps would be interesting to read...

RobbiP
26-05-2007, 17:34
I've been wanting to create a chariot-heavy army for some time, and I'm curious how this list does! PLEASEE post battle reps!

~rob

popisdead
01-06-2007, 21:50
Either way, you don't get it.