PDA

View Full Version : multiple wounds and single wound targets in challenges

Talonz
21-05-2007, 08:30
Challenge combat being fought. Dwarf lord does 2 wounds to goblin champion, killing it. But wait! He has something that causes him to do d6 wounds instead of 1 wound. Does he get to roll those dice and add it to the overkill cr result? There is a strong implication in the rules that you dont roll multiwound effects for single wound targets (Shooting for example) but its not clear.

Just curious what others thoughts are on this, as the rules on hth dont really cover multi wound effects versus single wound targets.

Artemis
21-05-2007, 09:32
I can't see that the fact that the goblin champ only has one wound should disallow the roll. Technically, I think I can roll my d6 wounds with a cannonball against a rnf guy, but as it wouldn't have any effect at all there is no point of doing it. When the overkill rule comes into play, there is a point to those wounds. However, it does give a rather strange advantage. But then again, all eyes are on the challenge, and if the goblin gets beaten to a greenish stew then it should matter, somehow. That is the point of the overkill rule, anyway.

T10
21-05-2007, 10:04
Excess wounds are not discounted in challenges. Wound multipliers count, allowing the Dwarf mentioned above to deal 2d6 wounds on the Goblin.

However, the overkill bonus is maxed out at +5, so dealing 12 wounds to a W1 Goblin Boss nets you +1 (wounds) +5 (overkill) = +6

-T10

enyoss
21-05-2007, 11:17
Yup, you multiply each wound by D6 then cap at the overkill limit.

You will learn to fear multiple wound weapons in challenges!

Cheers,

enyoss