PDA

View Full Version : demon hunters army?

dark blade
21-05-2007, 08:49
hi,
i am considering bulding a demon hunters army but rather than actually collecting the models adn then seeing what works i would like to buy exactly 1,500 points and stop at that.

problem is i have never used demon hunters or fought aganst them, so wat i need to know is this 'what should i buy?' i really ahve no idea! i wanted it to be a good army but i know that this is hard to do with demon hunters. so who has any ideas for me?? could people please give me some good lists?? normailly i would not ask but i cannot afford to buy models just to find that they are useless.

hope that you can help me.

golembane
21-05-2007, 09:48
Best option is to just proxy models in. Some people prefer pure Grey knights, while other prefer renegade members of the inquisition. Proxy in various army lists that you think you would have fun playing with, and see which if any you would like to take to 1500 points as a permanent purchase.

Anubis_the_Harlie
21-05-2007, 09:58
I agree with golembane. Grab a codex and start reading the background, then make some lists around a theme you like. Themeing is very important with the daemonhunters, 'cos if you don' you'll end up with a lifeless mediocre army but with a theme you get a fun fluffy and cool army- though more often than not it's still mediocre...

dark blade
21-05-2007, 10:10
i know that it will never be a torny winner but i was looking for some advice as to what people think works well?? i was thinking of using pure grayknights, no demonhosts or anyhting like that.

Adra
21-05-2007, 10:21
well fast attck gk are alot of fun....expensive but fun. They can really mess up your enemy due to the massive amount of fire power they can drop on the turn they arrive...and then next turn its cc hell :) If you want a pure gk army well your options are pretty limited. I would say make it fun. Use alot of teleport attcks and random elements. You will either win by sheer awesome skill or lose terribly...but thats the GK way. my old GK force used termie squads, fast attack gk, an inquiz with a psycannon and 3 plazma gun guys, stormtroopers, and a calidus for the crazy randomness...was great fun :D "Oh whats that? A long fang squad?".....calidus out and bye bye longfangs. Also whats cool about the Calidus is the flamer template nural shredder uses base Ld not modified...so she is even good against horde armies :)

Morris
21-05-2007, 10:39
Its pretty straitforward to be honest. Master, troops and if you have points something heavier like a dread. The troops cost SOO much that really it is just Master, Two Troops and then you consider do I want another squad or two or something heavier

dark blade
21-05-2007, 11:53
so how do GK deal with tanks?

god octo
21-05-2007, 13:45
Either Hellfire dreadnoughts or really expensive land Raiders. Oh, and with melta bombs. Tanks and armour are the GK's biggest weakness.

dark blade
21-05-2007, 14:55
dam, i will go with meltabombs i think :) i have a big dislike for veacles when i dont have to get them

Morris
21-05-2007, 15:04
so how do GK deal with tanks?

They don't particularly to be honest :p
It is the army lists major weakness.