PDA

View Full Version : Charging with Lances?

Hesperus
21-05-2007, 13:03
This came up in a game this weekend.

I charged a unit of Chaos warriors with a High elf Chariot with a hero and lance on it. He also had a charcter in the same unit, but he had a strikes first Str 7 attack. He destroyed the chariot BEFORE i got to attack, due to strike first.

The question is, does my hero still get the +2 strength bonus for the lance?

T10
21-05-2007, 13:18
You do not. Your character needs to be mounted in order to gain the Strength bonus for charging. Your character counts as charging, but with the chariot destroyed he counts as a model on foot.

I know this wasn't really the question, but you do, however, get the impact hits as these come before even "Always strike first". :)

lparigi34
21-05-2007, 14:49
This came up in a game this weekend.

I charged a unit of Chaos warriors with a High elf Chariot with a hero and lance on it. He also had a charcter in the same unit, but he had a strikes first Str 7 attack. He destroyed the chariot BEFORE i got to attack, due to strike first.

The question is, does my hero still get the +2 strength bonus for the lance?

Ummm... Impact Hits goes even before Strike First, so he could not destroy the chariot before the Impact Hits.

Strike First goes after, so he can destroy the chariot before the guy in the chariot made his attacks.

Continue with the charging guys, and if the mount is gone, then any bonus asociated with it is lost, so spears do not get +1 and lances do not get +2.

T10
21-05-2007, 14:56
The original post does not concern impact hits but wether the loss of the chariot renders the character "dismounted" before he gets to work out his attacks.

-T10

Crazy Harborc
22-05-2007, 02:49
This hasn't happened in any game I've seen/played in. IMHO, the character and his lance, charged home in/on the chariot.....for round one he's charged with a lance, he should get the plus to his strength....Then it's gone.

Vattendroppe
22-05-2007, 06:28
This hasn't happened in any game I've seen/played in. IMHO, the character and his lance, charged home in/on the chariot.....for round one he's charged with a lance, he should get the plus to his strength....Then it's gone.

But the RAW says differently, there's no question about that the RAW sais that you do not get the strenght bonus. Thus it would be a house rule to play it that way.

Hesperus
22-05-2007, 12:34
Thanks for the help everyone.