PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever played a game

TEMPLARDAWG
21-05-2007, 17:58
where the winner gets to keep the opponents army? Kind of like pink slip racing. Would you even consider play a game like that. It sure would make the game more intense.

<><

winter has ended
21-05-2007, 18:00
errr no way im not goingto lose a £300 army thats insane

Griefbringer
21-05-2007, 18:07
Look at the opinions people had on this thread:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84874

Lord Malek The Red Knight
21-05-2007, 18:08
wouldnt it encourage people to put as little effort into their armies as possible, and to make them as cheap as they can?

"woo i won your army... but its made of broken 2nd hand figures dipped in housepaint. great..." :rolleyes:

:p

~Tim

Gen.Steiner
21-05-2007, 18:11
Good lord no! Whatever made you think that would be fun!? :confused:

Marinox
21-05-2007, 18:38
a friend of mine and i once split buying/painting an army and we played off for whom would get to be kinda the "keeper" of it. but that's as close as i've every come. (i lost btw). about a year later we sold it and split the $ though.

superknijn
21-05-2007, 18:39
I'm not even thinking of selling my army, ever so I'll surely not be able toswitch it in for someone else's hard work. It's silly.

Very silly indeed.

stecal
21-05-2007, 18:42
There used to be a small set of players in Historical games that would offer to play for the army standard bearer or the army baggage odjective marker. You could always refuse. It was just one model that was the centerpiece of an army and somewhat replaceable. It served as a trophy of sorts of your victories. I know one guy who used to add the extra standards to his Swiss pike block as trophies.

Karhedron
21-05-2007, 18:42
Eee Gads, No!!!! :eek:

You only have to look at the rules query section of the forum to see the arguments some people get into about rules and that is when they are playing for fun!

If there were real stakes involved (say a lovingly painted army) I can guarantee there would be blood on the floor the first time you got a serious rules disagreement. I might wager a drink on the outcome of a game but never anything serious like models. Some people take the game too seriously as it is.

studderigdave
21-05-2007, 18:45
this topic brings back memeories of a MtG variant called "burn magic" where you would rip up cards that went to the graveyard.

i would never put my armies at risk like that.

Gen.Steiner
21-05-2007, 18:45
There used to be a small set of players in Historical games that would offer to play for the army standard bearer or the army baggage odjective marker.

That's quite a good idea, but still a bit iffy. I'd rather play for drinks or maybe something else, but not models. Oh god no.

The Laughing God
21-05-2007, 18:53
I would never risk my army like that. So much time, and money and you can lose it with one dumb move in the game.

It would make the game very painstaking to watch/or play.

-The Laughing God-

Try Again Bragg
21-05-2007, 19:09
Anyone who does this is a rutting idiot...or very rich...most likely both.

Griefbringer
21-05-2007, 19:15
The only sort of "winner gets something" game that I would play would be with chocolate bunnies instead of models (the bunnies could be blue-tacced to suitably sized bases).

Anytime you would eliminate an enemy model (not sure who gets friendly fire casualties), you would have to eat the chocolate bunny used for it. And if you win, you have to eat all the remaining chocolate bunnies - for both sides.

Best used for small battles - unless you really like chocolate bunnies.

Easy E
21-05-2007, 19:16
@OP- That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard, and I've heard a lot of stupid ideas.

We played a tournament for the title of Warmaster once. The next one we all put in $5 for a ante and played winner take all. The Warmaster tournament was much more fun.

inq.serge
21-05-2007, 19:18
Well, Once, in WFB, my best friend ambushed me with beast heards, and I said. "If you win, I'll give you this slann mage priest that I painted and sculpted all by myself, I promise!"

I massacrated his slaaneshi beastmen (the army had tentacle pink coloured base edges!).

stonefox
21-05-2007, 19:31
Never have, but it sounds like fun. Just like pink-slips racing. Much more work and money goes into cars and there are real men that will give all that up for the chance of getting other beauties.

Anyone here happen to watch the "Pinks" show on the Speed channel? I love it. Teams of guys arguing about how far to set each car apart on a drag race. Then one team wins the car and the other team might end up angry, sad, or great sportsmen. However it ends, it's awesome.

lord_blackfang
21-05-2007, 19:36
@OP- That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard, and I've heard a lot of stupid ideas.

Seconded. This would utterly ruin the game.

starlight
21-05-2007, 19:37
I've heard of bringing *trophy* minis (usually made from leftover Bitz from your army to maintain Theme) to tournaments, but they aren't actually part of the army. If you lose, your opponent gets a trophy, not one of your actual models.

Afterall, how would you play the rest of the tournament if you lost models every game?:wtf:

I think my thoughts are pretty clear on the other Thread.....:eyebrows:

wingedserpant
21-05-2007, 19:38
Oh oh have you ever played a game where the winner played for their opponents finger. I have played many, its alright fun...incidently it took me 33minutes to type this message up to this point...

Is this one of those kids who is new to the game and will ask as many daft questions as possiable. If so, let you be warned early; some people put alot of work into their armies, in some cases enough blood sweat and tears that taking it away would be more painful than chopping their finger off. They would probably bite your face off, I'll imagine that your small enough for that to be a possiability.

Venomizer
21-05-2007, 19:42

Quoted for Truth

an Idea like this would, for all intensive purposes kill the game

The Song of Spears
21-05-2007, 19:51
Kind of like pink slip racing.

<><

HAahaha, 'pink slip' racing is a movie term, not real life. Contrary to what the intarwebz want you to believe, there are simply not that many idiots out there with enough cash to even make such a practice common.

I did hear of 'you kill it you keep it' in Battletech games, but that was one mech on one games between two consenting adults. More of a way to pass trophies around between buddy players.

ffoecaf
21-05-2007, 19:57
I've played games where we wagered a few bits so that the winner could make a trophy out of them, but that was about it.

Playing for drinks would be fun, though.

The Song of Spears
21-05-2007, 20:09
I've played games where we wagered a few bits so that the winner could make a trophy out of them, but that was about it.

Playing for drinks would be fun, though.

Every time you loose a mini you take a shot? :evilgrin:

W0lf
21-05-2007, 20:11
This is such a stupid idea it wasnt worth my time reading.

i wouldnt even do this in a 400 pt combat patrol game, nor would i want someone elses army.

Gen.Steiner
21-05-2007, 20:12
Every time you loose a mini you take a shot? :evilgrin:

No fair! Horde players would be under the table by the start of turn 2!

ObiWan
21-05-2007, 20:18
And just how makes that unfair? ;)

OT, I don't even want to imagine the kind of arguments such kind of game would rise, I wouldn't do it ever.

wingedserpant
21-05-2007, 20:20

You girl, be a man. Incidently I've ost so many finger that I can't drink alchohol. Thins the blood and I have yet to see a doctor...

I remember reading tactics for vodka shot chess. You sacrifice most of your pawns so they get drunk and stop thinking right then you out maouver them that way. You take a drink for every one you tke I think.

Its easier to just drink the vodka though. As a great man once said, vodka chess is the best with no peices and no board.

Perhaps one of us should start a 'prize' thread.

The Song of Spears
21-05-2007, 20:24

Yeah for nids, orks and some IG players, you might have to allow them beer shots as opposed to vodka shots.

Gen.Steiner
21-05-2007, 20:38
Yeah for nids, orks and some IG players, you might have to allow them beer shots as opposed to vodka shots.

How about water shots? :angel:

The Song of Spears
21-05-2007, 20:48

So you say that now, until a poor DA player looses a whole 10 man marine squad and has to down 10 vodka shots,while you have had to put back maybe a few beers worth of shots ;)

Naw i say beer for hordes and vodka for everyone else, muwahahaha!

starlight
21-05-2007, 20:50
American beer or the real stuff that gets you drunk?

<runs>

dark blade
21-05-2007, 20:51
the most that i wager is a packet of crisps and i stopped that becouse i dont want to get fat! but sereosly dont even go there, if you try this and get beaten how will you feel about it??

The Song of Spears
21-05-2007, 21:01
<runs>

Hehehe, prolly for the best ;)

But then again people keep mistaking American beer for the ****-in-a-can we sell to those who don't know what beer is. :p

Now a good local micro brew, thats the good stuff!

Cheers!

starlight
21-05-2007, 21:04
Agreed! We have a fair number of local micro-brews around here. Yummy.:D

Rhamag
21-05-2007, 21:08
Take a random bit from your army - marine head, ork arm - and glue it to a base. Paint it gold. Quick, cheap and themed. Give them up when you lose.

TEMPLARDAWG
21-05-2007, 21:33
Alright get you panites out of a knot. I just thought it was a funny idea. I'm not suggesing GW makes it a tournment requirment. Take a joke man.

<><

The Song of Spears
21-05-2007, 22:02
Alright get you panites out of a knot. I just thought it was a funny idea. I'm not suggesing GW makes it a tournment requirment. Take a joke man.

<><

I am a Games Workshop customer and therefore my panties are always in a knot about something GW is up to ;)

Beer = panties fall off = no more wadding = beer shots for dead minis :D

Yorkiebar
21-05-2007, 22:23
There used to be a small set of players in Historical games that would offer to play for the army standard bearer or the army baggage odjective marker. You could always refuse. It was just one model that was the centerpiece of an army and somewhat replaceable. It served as a trophy of sorts of your victories. I know one guy who used to add the extra standards to his Swiss pike block as trophies.I would never want to give up a model to an opponent, but playing for the actual standards themselves would be cool. You could have a flag capture league table, or even produce house rules based around it, e.g. If an enemy unit is carrying your standard, you gain Furious Charge when charging at that unit.

Vet.Sister
21-05-2007, 22:29
I would do it only if I wanted to lose 3 armies in 3 games.....

Eldanar
22-05-2007, 02:58
This thread is right on the verge of crossing over to the Wastes.

Try to keep it somewhat on topic.

Portent Inquisition

BTW, I used to play where the loser had to buy a blister of the winners choice for him (her) at the end of the game. Of course blisters were about $4-5 back then...:rolleyes:

Ragnor2004
22-05-2007, 04:15
Games certainly would have the feeling that winning is very crucial, I personally would not put up my army, but i think thats what tournaments are for if you want to win something and get something for it then either gamble or go to a tourney

guardsmen529
22-05-2007, 04:29
At my local GW store we (i.e. the regulars) sometimes make it so the loser buys the winner lunch, just as fun and its only $7 or so dollars for the food we eat anyway, but i'd never play risking my army!

come to think of it, the amount of lunches i've paid for...i probably could of bought a small army... ;)

carlisimo
22-05-2007, 05:56
I don't know how many people do it with cars that they've spent thousands of dollars and dozens of hours on, but that's even worse than this would be.

Both very stupid practices of course.

Slaaneshi Slave
22-05-2007, 06:19
My SoB cost the best part of a thousand pounds. Nobody is stupid enough to even consider this.

As an aside, neither the Americans or the Canadians know how to make good alcholic drinks.

Commander Zhypher
22-05-2007, 06:29
never, ever would i do it.

although i used to do it in Magic

but in whfb (when i play my usual group of friends) we sometimes let the winner keep the BSB untill the next game or we use standards stuck on a base as a token of "i owned you" :D

Lancaster
22-05-2007, 07:33
Closest I've ever done is every time you kill 100 pts, you take a shot of pure voldka...

hehehe, goodbye Landraider!

(for those of you not "In the know" a Landraider is 2 shots, but it also adds 50pts to your tally, meaning you could realisticly take 3 shots for killing one model)

Have yet to finish a game though... as 10 pure voldka shots hit you pretty fast...

I'd never EVER play for keeps

zrem
22-05-2007, 07:53
Why the hell would one play for models when one could play for "loser buys next round next time you two are out with a group of friends".
Everyone wins...except the loser. He lost.
Suck it loser.

Dranthar
22-05-2007, 07:57
The only sort of "winner gets something" game that I would play would be with chocolate bunnies instead of models (the bunnies could be blue-tacced to suitably sized bases).

Anytime you would eliminate an enemy model (not sure who gets friendly fire casualties), you would have to eat the chocolate bunny used for it. And if you win, you have to eat all the remaining chocolate bunnies - for both sides.

Best used for small battles - unless you really like chocolate bunnies.

:eek: Best. Idea. Ever.

I just gotta figure out how to make a plastic mould for tac marines and I'll be set.

Dranthar
(fan of chocolate bunnies, or chocolate tac marines...or chocolate anything really, so long as it's made of chocolate.) :cool:

Irondog
22-05-2007, 08:33
Closest I ever was the fairly common practice at my local game store. We all have a ton of spare bits from our armies. We'd take a head, helmet, wepon, whatever, slap some quick paint on it to match our army and stake it on the game. The winner gets a painted trophy for the base of one of his figs.

It kinda makes your army look grisly with all the bloody helmets and such on the bases, but it's a kinda nice effect.

starlight
22-05-2007, 08:38
It's funny, because *every* gamer I asked about this, either online or in person has had the same response. Some variation of:

HELL NO!!!

Mangobreeder
22-05-2007, 09:23
My group and I play for a pound a game.

The stack of pounds, usually £4 as we play 2 v 2.

Beginnings life in the middle of the left hand side playing edge.

Itís a point of humor, to move it closes to one side or the other depending on whom is perceived to be winning at point in time.

Itís always a great when, my tooled up librarian, takes out his flyrant with his forceweapon. And the stack of pounds, very dramatically gets a 6-8" move back to my edge.

Although I insist that taking out on termagants is worthy of a 1" move towards my edge. He does not feel the same :(

Best time was quite recently when, on the first turn I death wing assaulted some terminators to take out a unit of fire dragons, and vibrocannon.
Before the game had even really started, I had wiped out most of his anti tank ability.

More satisfying was the sound of the scraping as the stack moved gloriously back to my edge. Only for it to move back as my terminators were whittled down. (They had done their job wipe out anti-amour), but in the end my vindicator and 2 predators won the day :) as he could not touch them :)

[dice0]

Gorgrim
22-05-2007, 09:41
...the ****-in-a-can we sell to those who don't know what beer is.

Like we Australians do with Fosters. No-one in Australia drinks that rubbish.

Griefbringer
22-05-2007, 10:25

Imagine downing four liters of water in a game where your IG infantry company gets mercilessly slaughtered - the feeling afterwards would be rather uncomfortable.

As for vodka shots - serious amounts of alcohol and miniatures do not mix well, and usually it is the miniatures who end up suffering. So it would be better to replace the miniatures with chocolate bunnies/marines as suggested earlier on (pragmatists might want to use vodka-filled chocolate bunnies to ease up the tallying), this would also have afterwards the advantage of the high amount of chocolate in your stomach making your vomit taste better.

More seriously, anybody having an idea on how to actually make moulds for chocolates? Chocolate marines versus marsipan tyranids would be just so neat (in a city fight game of gingerbread houses)!

And actually seriously: if you are in a club, you could make a practice that the loser would need to make a new piece of scenery (does not need to be big) for the club collection. Everyone wins!

Groksnag
22-05-2007, 10:42
what kind of lamebrain idea is THAT!?

Hell would freeze over before I'd wager my army on a game. I lose enough as it is, and if I did do that, I'd be a frequently losing gamer with no army, and a thirst for revenge, and my army back.

only idiots play that way.

Kargush
22-05-2007, 10:49
The day I play a game like that is the day I die. I've spend much too long on my miniatures for such a silly venture. I'd rather sire offspring and then sell them off to a pedo-ring... Jeez...

But the playing-for-shots might work. I'd rather play for a lunch however.

inq.serge
22-05-2007, 11:01
Maybe, everytime you win, the opponent gives you a spare head (eighter painted or not painted) to add to your "Leader" as a trophy-head?

And chocolate booze.

chivalrous
22-05-2007, 11:45
Ick, I thought tournament mentality was a bad thing for the erosion of the spirit of the game.:rolleyes:

If two people feel the need to prove themselves in idiotic ways, then playing or oneanothers army is preferable to, say, going round the back of the building and beating the snot out of each other or duelling to the death.

I haven't ever played a game where I could loose my army and I wouldn't ever enter into a game where I could loose my army. I have put far too much effort into building it and I connot afford either the time or the money to build another one.
I also don't feel I have to prove anything, which is why I don't play tournaments either.

As an aside, neither the Americans or the Canadians know how to make good alcholic drinks.

Tht's utter rubbish. When you get the change, go on a microbrewery tour you'll be amazed.
It's true that everything they export, or sell in typical bars or supermarkets, is utter pi$$ but if you hunt for it, there's some gorgeous brews out there.

ChrisAsmadi
22-05-2007, 12:46
And actually seriously: if you are in a club, you could make a practice that the loser would need to make a new piece of scenery (does not need to be big) for the club collection. Everyone wins!

That's actually probably a great idea.

ss_cherubael
22-05-2007, 15:21
never seen it probably would never do it but ask me after i lose with my guard army and we arre playing a shot per guardsman....

im so trying that next game....

Templar Ben
22-05-2007, 15:32
More seriously, anybody having an idea on how to actually make moulds for chocolates? Chocolate marines versus marsipan tyranids would be just so neat (in a city fight game of gingerbread houses)!

That is actually rather simple. We made our own molds for a club I was in and made candies. I don't know where you are but I am in the States and they have a store called The Hobby Lobby that has everything you need. My wife makes cakes as a hobby so I spend a lot of time in that section.

never seen it probably would never do it but ask me after i lose with my guard army and we arre playing a shot per guardsman....

im so trying that next game....

We have played that but it was a shot for the person that killed the model. That way if I am kicking your butt I am drinking more causing more mistakes so you can come back. We normally have close to the same model count though.

The Song of Spears
22-05-2007, 15:43

Must be German... ;)

Like we Australians do with Fosters. No-one in Australia drinks that rubbish.

Good to hear our mates down under know what good beer isn't, cheers!

And chocolate booze.

Now we are getting somewhere!

Hildebrandt rum filled chocolates FTW!!

Pootleflump
22-05-2007, 15:57
A shot/pint if one of your squads is taken under 50%
And another once they are wiped out

You buy your opponent 1 drink for a solid victory
2 for a crushing victory &
3 for a massacre

(oh and I would build and play a combat patrol for "pink slips" that sounds like fun. As long as there is an independant adjudicator, with a big stick)

Slaaneshi Slave
22-05-2007, 16:02
Must be German... ;)

I'm English, live in Germany, and drinks Irish. :p

Guinness is the beer of the Gods. German beer is almost as bad (at least its got some sort of strength to it though) as yank and Canadian beer. I have drank in plenty of German and American bars (in New York, Florida, and Tennessee). I am going to Kanzas next month for three weeks, so in July I will be able to tell you all how bad their beer is. :p

The Song of Spears
22-05-2007, 16:08

Guinness is the beer of the Gods. German beer is almost as bad (at least its got some sort of strength to it though) as yank and Canadian beer. I have drank in plenty of German and American bars (in New York, Florida, and Tennessee). I am going to Kanzas next month for three weeks, so in July I will be able to tell you all how bad their beer is. :p

Ah you poor poor man, you are visiting all the wrong states! Come to Colorado, Boulder has the best brews, second to none! Haha! :D

Budro
22-05-2007, 19:35
In the past some of the people I played with given each other bitz to use as trophies if you really stomped someone silly. Then the bitz were incorporated into the winning army as trophies. But this was purely spur of the moment, free choice type of stuff (and fun - I have some nice beakie helmets on my orks...).

Playing for keeps is stupid and against everything the HOBBY is about.

Playing for drinks though is perfectly acceptable (I'll take a martini thank you) ;)

Horus0001
22-05-2007, 21:22
Once at a conflict tournament my opponents offered me 1 model for beating him (he had won it 3 years in a row or something) i declined ofc, handshake beats all.

If someone tried to pull this idea on me, Id tell them where to shove it, no chance id give up my models...

I just dont get the + side of the idea...

Bob-stefanio
22-05-2007, 21:51
No thats just sillly BAD BAD POSTER BAD! *points finger* BAAAADDDDD!

Eldanar
23-05-2007, 02:57

Guiness isn't bad for a stout. I prefer ales though.

Song of Spears is correct. Colorado does brew the best beer in the states, bar none. Fat Tire anyone???

Besides, in NY, you should drink gin or scotch; Florida you drink rum; and in Tennessee you should drink bourbon. And you can't get Fat Tire in any of those 3 states...:cries:

zrem
23-05-2007, 08:45
My impression of this forum:

"Hell no, we would NEVER play a game where we could lose our mo--is that beer? Yes. It's beer. BEER!"

kauyonrodent
23-05-2007, 09:23
haha good times
i have
but gave it back to him a week later

Cpt_NinjaPants
23-05-2007, 09:36
Maybe is any TT game required more skill and less on luck (Dice rolls)

Crube
23-05-2007, 09:41
I'd never offer to give up an army of models that has cost me £250+, 6 months + of painting, all on the roll of a dice.

No matter how good a general you are, or how 'perfect' your tactics are, there is always the chance for the dice to screw things up.

Not worth the risk

TheKiiier
23-05-2007, 13:48
Well then, let me tell you a tale that happened to me many years ago...

I'm known as tough guy you could say as when I was a kid I got into heaps of fights at school when I stood up for my self and others from being bullied. Didn't matter who it was! Kids and teachers feared me, I once beat up a troop of 4-5 guys leaving several black eyes and bloody noses (I think I broke one and knocked out a tooth with me only having a few scrapes on my fists/knuckles and a small tender spot on my cheek) I once even bit a teacher that tried to hit me after breaking up a fight that broke out when helping a girl from a bully.:mad:

Now that I'm grown up I've become more laid back and try to talk things out and not let my fists do that talking as it were. But of course that is not how it always works out.

I remember one time after a game at a now long gone game store:cries: I was walking out when the relative of one of the people I played with (a girl, :eek: ), and won, got his buddies so they could try and pick a fight with me in the parking lot. Apparently they were all pissed at me but he was something else entirely too, like it was something personal against him and no matter what I said to try and diffuse the situation he/they would not let it go and eventualy he went too far when he pulled a knife and he rushed me with his buddies about to jump in too! What they didn't know is that I always a carry a gun in a shoulder harness under my coats/jackets for protection and being a big beefy guy it's almost like it's not there and almost no one knows I carry. Well he got me good on my left upper arm when I tried to sidestep his rush (it seemed worse than it was, just a small superficial cut but it did bleed like a bastard). I reacted to defend my self and shot him in the thigh of his left leg to take him down but not kill him, luckily that froze his friends in their tracks and they backed off when people rushed out to see what had happened. When the cops showed up I thought I was in it deep but there were enough witnesses to confirm that everything was their fault and that I only did what I did in self defense. Hell, even later on some of the cops on the scene actualy came up to me to say that they were glad and gratified that I took my shot where I did and had not tried for a chest or head shot as even though if in self defense that would have been escalating things beyond neccesary force and were very congratulatory of my restraint in the situation. Though they did commend me they still did have to take away my gun for about a week which I thought kinda funny in an odd sort of way.

(A little background/set-up for that nights events:
The guys who owned the store had a deal with the pizza joint right next door that they would offer anything for 20% off during tournaments like on that night, the guy that attacked me was the girls ride but when they got there they split up and he went to the pizza place to wait but ended up running into his friends and they used the discount to get some of the booze on tap. From what I can gather from the family that spoke to me to try to talk to me to drop the charges it seems that at some point he got wind of the game and it's results which kinda set the stage for what happened later. Hurt, anger, booze do not a great combo make! When he heard about the game he came looking for me as he thought I was being unsporting/mean to the girl and was picking on her, maybe he thought he could feel better beating on me or something:wtf: , who knows)

Anyways, afterwards I talked it out with my and his family and decided to drop the charges concerning me as I didn't want to destroy his life over a mistake (however serious), but still he got slapped for a few other charges that were out of my hands. He got probation I think and suffered no lasting effects from the bullet wound aside from a most likely nasty scar. I never saw him again but I did see the girl around and we kinda became loose friends even. I lost contact with her after a couple years later when the main store owner died and his family decided to close shop as they couldn't run it thenselves. Tho cool thing though is that me and a couple of other regulars got first dibs on the left over stock when they had their going out of business sale.

And that's at least the closest thing to a fight over a game I ever got into (and at that, not even directly related) at most now is some minor squabbles about rules and how they can be taken in-game.

So, we can see that some people take the game WAAAAYY too seriously where if you lose it's just a number on your tally of W/L/D and bragging rights, imagine if it were for something of more personal and tangible value like your mini's? I shudder to think of the insanity that would let lose.

The Song of Spears
23-05-2007, 14:48
Guiness isn't bad for a stout. I prefer ales though.

Song of Spears is correct. Colorado does brew the best beer in the states, bar none. Fat Tire anyone???

Besides, in NY, you should drink gin or scotch; Florida you drink rum; and in Tennessee you should drink bourbon. And you can't get Fat Tire in any of those 3 states...:cries:

This man knows what he is talking about, pure sage advice here :)

And after so many posts off topic... i think that a 'trophy' mini = the "New Chrome Spider Who Never Sweats" trophy could be fun to pass around to the victor of a battle. Between a group of friends it would be fun to try and battle for the trophy mini.

Easy E
25-05-2007, 13:02
As for the chocolate soldiers in a Gingerbread cityfight...

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/images/HCchristmas3-1.jpg

http://www.gingerbreadtraditions.com/

http://www.candyplus.net/houses.htm

I also found molds for chocolate chess pieces. That sounds deliciously decadent.

Heru Talon
25-05-2007, 13:15
I'm the kind of person who thinks selling models you've painted and converted is abhorrent, you can guess how digusting the idea of gambling my models on a game is to me.

mistformsquirrel
25-05-2007, 14:22
Good lord no! Whatever made you think that would be fun!? :confused:

My sentiments exactly! Ugh!

I can barely afford to get started on my first army <O.o> I can't imagine playing a game and losing it!

I can imagine /once in a blue moon for fun/ agreeing to bet /one/ figure with an opponent - but even then it'd have to be a special event; and there'd have to be a particular reason for it. (Probably to chop up for trophy bitz)