PDA

View Full Version : Battle for McCragge marines - same size as regular marines?

rrchristensen
21-05-2007, 20:18
hullo,

I just came across a picture of the Space Marine sprue in the Battle for McCragge boxed set. They're pretty cool if a bit static, I think, but of course that's the whole point.

So the question is this: are they in every conceivable dimension the same size as regular, multi-part space marines such as those in the Tactical squad?

If yes, I might get some. They'll look fine when spread throughout the ranks of Tac and Devastator squads.

Cheers! :)

Sparda
21-05-2007, 20:21
No, they are a little smaller then the real Marines, but it is hard to see unless you really compare them.

bunnysama
22-05-2007, 00:44
As sparda said they are alittle smaller, but not noticable. I have some intersperced in my regualar tac squads and the only time someone notices them is when the gun falls off (I never glued them on)

TwilightOdyssey
22-05-2007, 02:58
As sparda said they are alittle smaller, but not noticable. I have some intersperced in my regualar tac squads and the only time someone notices them is when the gun falls off (I never glued them on)

LOL, yes -- when I first got into 40K I marvelled at how detailed the models were. That was before I put together a multi part space marine! Those BoM bolters do tend to fall off!!

MadDogMike
22-05-2007, 03:12
Honestly the size difference is barely noticable, though due to their stance I've got mine set up as bolter Marines for my Devastator squads. After all, if your main purpose is to act as human shields for the heavy weapons guys, it makes perfect sense that you're standing at attention with your gun across your chest instead of aiming, the bad guys are out of bolter range usually :D .

Crippler
22-05-2007, 13:24
I only brought this boxset because of the crashed space ship, not bad for 30!!!

However I did just add another tactical unit of SM and purchased them an additional Rhino.

rrchristensen
22-05-2007, 15:22
Thank you very much for your replies, everyone, I really appreciate it.

I don't suppose anyone would happen to have a comparison pic of a standard marine and a BfM marine? :angel: Just so's I can check it out myself.

MadDogMike
22-05-2007, 21:40
Hmm, I'll try to snag a pic tonight if I get a chance and post it for you; gotta yank my guys out anyway since my local game shop has a nice mini painting workshop Tuesday nights.

hertz
23-05-2007, 00:37
the main diff are the lack of space between the chest, arms and bolter.

@Crippler: Yuo know that you can order that spaceship terrain piece from BWB for like less than 2, right? ;)

Crippler
23-05-2007, 06:50
Not when I brought the set, oh well got some spare nids as well ;-)

Crippler
23-05-2007, 10:15
The black undercoated marine is the one from Battle for McCragge, next to a badly painted (My first ever tactical squad painted) marine from the old 40K game, still got stick on guns and another marine from the normal tactical sprue.

I do not think that you would notice the difference on the tabletop at all

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/general_crippler/Ultra/DSC00619.jpg