PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Daemons

LeCeDmDiZ
22-05-2007, 02:40
Please forgive my arrogance, but where does it say that I can only use one type of Daemon in a Daemonic Legion.

So basically, my question is this: Can I field a squad of Daemonettes and a squad of say, Plaguebearers in the same army?

I can't evidence that says otherwise.

As Always,
Thanks,
Echoes

rhodeman77
22-05-2007, 03:20
as long as your general does not have a mark of a specific god than you can mix your units.

Finnigan2004
22-05-2007, 14:26
Also, if your general is marked by a specific power, you can still take a unit of furies, if you have a character with the mark of chaos undivided.

Lord Khabal
22-05-2007, 14:34
yep, your general dictates the type (or mark) the rest of the army must use

khorne666
22-05-2007, 19:21
But is it not true that you require one true core unit to field any other core/special/rare choices of the same power? If this is the case then it would be the end for legions with furies.

Vogon
22-05-2007, 19:37
The true core/core rule only applies to the god specific daemons. The rules for Furies specifically state the you may include one unit per undivided character you have.

Cheers

Vogon

Nell2ThaIzzay
22-05-2007, 20:13
The true core/core rule only applies to the god specific daemons. The rules for Furies specifically state the you may include one unit per undivided character you have.

Cheers

Vogon

Wait, what?

I thought you could field Furies in an army of -any- mark. I've never seen anything in the book about needing an Undivided character to field Furies.

To the original poster, yes, as long as your general is undivided, you are able to field daemons of different marks. The only restriction is that you can only have a character of a particular mark if you have a unit of that mark. Or maybe it's vice versa, and you need a character of the mark to field the unit.

Sherlocko
22-05-2007, 20:24
Itīs the other way around, you need units to be able to field characters(unless DL from SoC has changed that somehow)

Vogon
22-05-2007, 20:57
Yes the Daemonic Legion list in SoC switched this around but only for Furies.

Page 28 of the book or page 3 of the PDF download

Cheers

Vogon

aberrant_unc
22-05-2007, 21:13
Do you need the SoC book to play an all-daemon army or can you just do that with the hordes of chaos book? I'm a 40k player with a lot of demons, so I was interested in whether or not I could field a legal fantasy army.

Sorry to threadjack but with a post count of 2 I can't start a new thread.

theunwantedbeing
22-05-2007, 21:19
Daemonic legion list
you need a true core unit(basically the foot daemons of that particular god) to field other types of daemons of that god.
furies are 0-1 per undivided character.

All other chaos lists
Furies are 0-1 regardless of how many undivided character's you have
There are no true core unit requirements.

As for using different daemonic units,its the same with any marked unit(daemons are considered to be marked of their god)
Undivided general = any daemons
marked general = daemons of that mark and undivided daemons only.

Simple really.
The daemonic legion and hoardes/beasts lists are not combinable and are seperate lists in effect,although your free to mix within the hoardes/beasts lists as you wish.

Nell2ThaIzzay
22-05-2007, 22:15
That would explain why people are giving different explanations than I am expecting, since the Demonic Legions list is Storms of Chaos... :chrome:

lokigod
22-05-2007, 22:32
There are two types of demon army's in fantasy really HOC and DL both have there strengths and weaknesses.

HOC-Demons

Strengths-Can have mortals and beasts units also so this makes them more flexible in a way. They also can field more models cause lets face it demons are not cheap in fantasy! In this list the type of general decides your core unless you but items to change that.

CONS- They dont have a real ward save against magic or magical weapons. Most mortal units can do there jobs in the HOC list! Only a very few people consider taking any type of demons other than screamers,furries,and flesh hounds! There also more expensive than there mortal counter parts. For example a blood letter is 15 points for 2 ws5, str 5 attacks, and a khorne warrior comes out to about 13 points with a better save and 2 ws4 str 6 attack with a great weap.

SOC- Demonic legions( this is where demons start to shine)
pros- Every thing is demonic and gets better leadership, and a REAL WARD SAVE! Demonic calvary hits just as hard as any mortal counter part or harder. Plauge riders for example have D6+2 poison attacks at ws4 and str 4, and chosen chaos knights of nurgle have 2 attack at str 5 ws5(not to say plauge riders are not more expensive). The modeling and converting is alot of fun in this list. Every thing in your list causes fear : :D or terror :evilgrin:

CONS- The cheapest infantry your gonna get in this list is 15 points... So a very elite type army. Some people dont adapt very well to playing this list, so you might hear the occasional cheese remark! Everything is immune to psychology!

aberrant_unc
22-05-2007, 22:39
Is the storms of chaos book tourney legal?

theunwantedbeing
22-05-2007, 23:05
erm depends on the tournament