PDA

View Full Version : IG/Orlock List

teh_soldier
22-05-2007, 15:19
This looks like the right place for this list. Its basically made up of IG that got stranded on Necromunda and are making their way in the Hive. I used Cadian IG and Empire Militia to make em up. I'll post pics at some point. I used the Orlock list to represent the shooting and combat training of the Guardsmen.

Gang Leader
Chainsword
Shotgun
Autopistol

Heavy
Heavy Bolter
Lasgun

Ganger
Lasgun

Ganger
Lasgun

Ganger
Shotgun
Man-Stopper
Hot-Shot
Bolt

Ganger
Shotgun
Man-Stopper
Hot-Shot
Bolt

Ganger
Maul
Autopistol

Ganger
Maul
Autopistol

Basically the Leader's going to get a Bolter asap, the lasgun fellas are there to soak up fire for the heavy, the maul/autopistol gangers are running in with the Leader, the Shotgun guys providing fire support for them on the run.

There's no juves because they don't really fit into the theme of the gang, and I don't really have suitable models. I may add some in later as the gang round up youths to "join the army" and represent conscripts.

So what do you guys think?

Major_Gilbear
22-05-2007, 16:55
The comments in this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80327) thread are relevant to your case I think. Worth a quick read anyway.

As for your gang, you want to look at the Income Table and try and maximise one of the income brackets. I think that 9 to 12 gangers is best to aim for.

If you are basing this on a Guard squad, then I would suggest you keep it themed. A mix of autoguns and lasguns wouldn't seem likely to me, even in a PDF squad. A few shotguns might fit though.

Shotguns practically demand the use of Manstopper, but don't bother with other special shells as they are not very effective. S4 and knockback is fearsome!

I've posted a light infantry / PDF squad below with some comments, see what you think:

1> (160) Leader - Chainsword, Laspistol
2> (195) Heavy - Heavy Stubber, Laspistol
3> (115) Heavy - Flamer, Laspistol
4> (100) Ganger - Autogun, Grenades
5> (70) Ganger - Autogun
6> (70) Ganger - Autogun
7> (70) Ganger - Autogun
8> (70) Ganger - Autogun
9> (75) Ganger - Shotgun + Manstopper
10> (75) Ganger - Shotgun + Manstopper

TOTAL CREDITS = 1000

The gang is a full squad, and has two support weapons; a heavy machine gun (the Heavy Stubber) and a flamer. There is also a grenadier and the Leader (Sargeant?) has CC weapons. All but two of the squaddies are armed with the same basic weapon (standard-issue) and the heavies and leader have sidearms (Laspistols). The last two have shotguns, largely for variety TBH. Also, I could feasibly see a squad having a couple of shotguns, but not a mix of lasguns and autoguns.

This would be a rigid gang in equipment and in gaming terms, but to have a more individual squad wouldn't really fit a military background very well I don't think.
There are no juves because they cannot be given basic weapons; I find it hard to imagine a raw recruit without standard-issue equipment being in a Guard squad, and we all know that would almost certainly mean a rifle (probably a Lasgun or even an Autogun).
Future recruits could include Hired guns like a Ratskin or a Bounty Hunter. I think Scum might be pushing it, and I doubt the squad would consider Pit Slaves or Wyrds.

Finally, I would suggest that if you want a more flexible gang theme, you could try an =I= retinue as a basis? Something like this
(http://www.pbase.com/migsula/gauersgang&page=all) for example:
http://k43.pbase.com/o4/88/10788/1/57375435.P1000260.JPG

Tomothy
23-05-2007, 03:31
Gang Leader
Chainsword
Shotgun
Autopistol
You don't really need the autopistol, he won't be able to use both the chainsword and that in hth as he's carrying a shotgun. You should at least give him manstoppers as well even if you're not dropping the autopistol.

Heavy
Heavy Bolter
Lasgun
Save some creds and give him an autogun as a backup weapon.

Ganger
Shotgun
Man-Stopper
Hot-Shot
Bolt
Way too much ammo, if you fail an ammo roll then the gun jams and you can't use any ammo. Just take bolt or manstoppers. An autopistol and manstoppers would be much better than all that ammo.

Ganger
Shotgun
Man-Stopper
Hot-Shot
Bolt
Again, too much ammo.

I'd try and fit another guy in, so that you're right up to the bracket. So far you've still got about 100 creds before making any changes i suggested. I'd get another ganger, or maybe even a heavy with a flamer, you can afford an autopistol back up weapon if you make some of the changes i suggest.

teh_soldier
23-05-2007, 09:59
I had considered the "squad" idea, but i've seen the "all man lasgun" gang, and it sucks to play. The idea behind the gang is an IG squad that got stranded on Necromunda, and faced with desertion charges if they ever manage to get home are raising their own IG "army" within Hive Primus. So there isn't an issue of all having standard equipment. I think you guys are right about the equipment, but why does the heavy need an autogun as well as a lasgun? Also I probably will add in a second heavy.

Major_Gilbear
23-05-2007, 12:49
I think that if an IG squad was stranded, they'd have whatever equipment they were issued with on them when they start out. However, if you aren't worried about having the gang properly themed around a squad, then the background is utterly irrelevant to the list you've posted :rolleyes:.

Also, Tomothy meant you to swap the lasgun on the heavy for an autogun, not give him one in addition. As it is his backup, he's not going to be using much. This means that the ammo check of 4+ is plenty and by swapping like this you save 5 creds.

Catferret
23-05-2007, 14:39
Rather than waiting for the Leader to get a Boltgun, give him Bolt Shells for his Shotgun. Switch them off one of the Gangers. Shotguns with Bolt are better than Bolters at long range anyway. Both have range 24" but the Shotgun has Knockback!

Try and fit in a really scouty looking Guardsman with nightvision goggles and stuff and count it as a Ratskin Scout. He'll be your Point Man.