PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Info

Wraith
09-08-2005, 09:42
I found some interesting information about Halo 3 but of course the veracity is questionable...

Obviously if it is true there's massive SPOILERS.

Here it is... (http://www.freewebs.com/jaxx931/halo3.htm)

Firebreath
09-08-2005, 14:31
Thanks for the link. :)

I didn't read to much of the story-thing, so I think I will have forgotten it by the time it comes out. ;)

overload
09-08-2005, 15:32
Hmm interesting, i like the soundof the multiplayer maps especially, damnyou Wraith im all excited now :D.......about halo3 lol

Samoth
09-08-2005, 16:11
*cough*whataloadof*********cough*

Far too much of it is simply "what people want to see", and not "cool **** that bungie will innovate".

Wraith
09-08-2005, 16:14
Well, yeah, on one hand I agree with Samoth, but... on the other hand it does sound convincing to a certain extent for me to not be able to dismiss it off hand as simply 'made up'.

blitz589
09-08-2005, 16:30
As much as i want to believe that, it dosnt seem like a 14 yr old would know about Halo 3.

warlordgrubnatz
09-08-2005, 16:40
intersting but i know its not true because a) they havent even started making halo 3 yet and b) how the hell does this guy know all his, c) new mombassa was destroyed in halo 2. d) not sure but i think the covenatnt homeworld was dextroyed thats wht they have the holy cities.

Strikerkc
10-08-2005, 02:19
intersting but i know its not true because ...

a) I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out they had an entire plot for #3 planned out, espescialy since #2 only seemed like half a game (Read: Couldn't fit the whole thing in one game)

b) Just becuase he doesn't say how he knows, doesn't mean he can't. Absence of proof is not proof itself.

c) Well, there was a big explosion, but keep in mind that it never shows a smoking crater. There could still be plenty of standing ruins left to fight over (especialy if an entrance to any sort of forrunner structure is near).

d) Well there is no "Covenant home world" since they're all from many different places, that doesn't mean there isn't a capitol world.

Any ways, probably total bull, but it's still the best ending I've heard any one write up, and if the bungie people didn't come up with it already, I hope they're reading it ;).

Aun'aart'al
10-08-2005, 03:12
SPOILERS!!

hot damn most of that doesnt make sence.. sounds cool, dont get me wrong, but it has to make sence!! this "Cephaus" character, after activating the Halo network millions of years ago, how the [BLEEP] would he still be alive? escaping to the future with halo as a time machine like this guy says? bah, it doesnt sound believable IMHO

Lord Hood is Not a General, he is an Admiral, this guy needs to get his ranks right, especially his military organisations

so the Forerunners are Attacking Earth.. hmm, why? its their Ark, and Noah's Ark was created to Save life, so if Earth is the Ark like is explained in other parts of that text, then why would the Forerunners be attacking the planet, along with the Flood, and the Covenant? Furthermore, why would the Forerunners not simply wipe out the Covenant invasion force? surely they see them as a threat to whatever plans they have? they see Humanity as one, otherwise they wouldnt be attacking..

3 main characters die during the game, huh? my guesses are Cortana, the Master Chief, and Johnson. If it were to be the Arbiter, being his Job to be killed, he would have died during the events of Halo 2, but he didnt. Kelly (another Spartan) may even make an appearence, maybe not in actual gameplay per se, but perhaps in cutscenes or something of the like, maybe?

just my thoughts on the matter..

BorisGT
10-08-2005, 03:59
Despite the fact I don't care for the Halo series (I've played both games and I just don't see what everyone is ******* about) I read the whole thing.

I think it's bogus.

Where did he get this information? He's fourteen, so he likely didn't drive himself to any game-cons or anything. I doubt he paid for a ticket to E3 to talk ot Bungee's people.

You're all better off not believing a word he has to say. Wait for a press release, or a teaser video, or a legit trailer for the game. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Aun'aart'al
10-08-2005, 05:11
Where did he get this information? He's fourteen, so he likely didn't drive himself to any game-cons or anything. I doubt he paid for a ticket to E3 to talk ot Bungee's people.

Bungie still wouldnt say anything about a possible Halo 3

Bungie has denied even starting any Halo 3, while Microsoft has confirmed the making of a Halo 3

Makaber
10-08-2005, 05:23
He likes Evanescense. Hence, I don't trust him.

Aun'aart'al
10-08-2005, 05:45
old news I know, but still funny :D look where his name is, just above it, you can see a "Hello my name is.."

Captain Jacob Keyes (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsname=Wikipedia+Images&dekey=Captain+Keyes+%28Halo+screenshot%29.jpg&gwp=8&linktext=%3CIMG%20height%3D233%20alt%3D%22Captain% 20Keyes%22%20src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fcontent.answers .com%2Fmain%2Fcontent%2Fwp%2Fen%2Fthumb%2Ff%2Ff3%2 F180px-Captain_Keyes_%2528Halo_screenshot%2529.jpg%22%20w idth%3D180%3E)

warlordgrubnatz
16-08-2005, 19:51
by the way this guy says
- x-box 360 will only be half as powerfull as a ps3.
- why would the arbiter return to the capitol world when it seems the entir covenet is split, elites and hunters versus brutes, profits and jackals with grunts on each side.

Aun'aart'al
16-08-2005, 19:56
Covenant Civil War

Loyalists;
Prophets
Brutes
Jackals
Drones

Seperatists / Heretics;
Arbiter
Elites
Hunters
Grunts

Humans

there are no Grunts on both sides, only the Heretics' side, the Xbox 360 has better stats than the PS3, and a reason that the Arbiter might try to contact the Covenant world that he makes mention of, may be to tell them of the True purpose of the Halo network, that there will be no Great Journey, but rather a mass-suicide of their entire Covenant, and all other species within range of every still-active Halo

warlordgrubnatz
16-08-2005, 21:18
if there are no grunts on both side how come you fight grunts on halo 2 when you play as the arbiter and have grunts as allies?

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
16-08-2005, 22:37
what? thats only the heretic grunts. i think this is a load of crap, first off, why would the arbiter go back to the prophets, they want to KILL him, and why would jhonson and keyes go with him? and how did penitent tangent escape the gravemid? when dod the grave mind say it was called the gravemind?:p

warlordgrubnatz
16-08-2005, 22:45
this guys obviously made it all up.

Aun'aart'al
16-08-2005, 23:57
if there are no grunts on both side how come you fight grunts on halo 2 when you play as the arbiter and have grunts as allies?

the Grunts are only on the side of the Seperatists / Heretics, thats what I was trying to say

warlordgrubnatz
17-08-2005, 15:39
but if they are only on one side how come both sides use tham. As the arbiter you kill grunts (after the rebelion) and are allied with grunts (after the rebelion)

Strikerkc
17-08-2005, 16:26
but if they are only on one side how come both sides use tham. As the arbiter you kill grunts (after the rebelion) and are allied with grunts (after the rebelion)

You don't kill grunts after the true civil war begins, you do kill grunts before that when you and your strike team are going after the heretic and his false prophet (first mission). At that point in the first mission, it was meerly a very small splinter group of eliets and grunts that went to the one facility, not an al out civil war where the classes chose sides.

Samoth
18-08-2005, 02:03
Wow, that was pretty confused for a bit. The "yellow" grunts and elites, who fought alongside the heretic (jump pack, red armour, holograms) and sentinels were a small splinter group who had seen the great journey for what it really was. The arbiter was chosen to lead a strike force to take them out.

That was long before the huge civil war. In that, every race chose sides, Although, at first, the hunters were on teh loyalist side, and then joined the elites.

Shinobi
18-08-2005, 03:37
I doubt he paid for a ticket to E3 to talk ot Bungee's people.

I don't think that E3 is open to the public. I think it's all for the journalists.

Aun'aart'al
18-08-2005, 03:39
no its a public thing.. I seriously doubt that there are going to be hundreds, if not thousands of journalists that woud goto the E3 event

warlordgrubnatz
19-08-2005, 16:24
i've playee halo 2 again, you dont fight grunts after the true rebelion, i was wrong but I still say this kid made it all up.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
20-08-2005, 02:57
the hunters are on the loyalists for about 1 battle then in the NEXT ROOM theyre fighting brutes. and e3 is a press only but nonpress can get in. thyre just not supposed too.

Aun'aart'al
20-08-2005, 03:08
Hunters on the Loyalist side?? which level?? :eyebrows:

warlordgrubnatz
20-08-2005, 12:17
nah hunters are on the seperatist side.

Samoth
20-08-2005, 13:43
no its a public thing.. I seriously doubt that there are going to be hundreds, if not thousands of journalists that woud goto the E3 event

Actually, it is. Journalists from hundreds of different countries and thousands of different magazines and websites. Journalist invite only, I'm very sad to say. :(

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
20-08-2005, 14:14
yes but in the level where ur the MC and your on the mushroom covenant thing, there a long hallway that doesnt have walls, with a group of elits in the middle, once u get to the other end of the hallway(where loyalists are) then a hunter pair comes out of the doors and attacks u.

Mr.terminatorbob
27-08-2005, 15:20
Halo 3 aint comein out on the xbox.from what I know.

Wintermute
27-08-2005, 18:16
Halo 3 aint comein out on the xbox.from what I know.

Halo 3 is will be released for the X-Box 360, when the PS3 launches, according to Bill Gates himself.

Bloodthirster90
27-08-2005, 20:23
this guys obviously made it all up.

If he has, which in all probability he has, then he has got one heck of an imagination.

warlordgrubnatz
27-08-2005, 21:52
no, i myself created a halo 3 script with some oters- loads of people do it.

Inquisitor Engel
27-08-2005, 22:20
What a load of crock. The Elites rallied BEHIND the Arbiter against the Prophets, why would they put him on trial AGAIN? It doesn't even make sense.

And wow, he made the logical jump that humans ARE the Forerunners, in one form or another. :P

If you believe any of that, they have my pity. ;)

Sgt John Keel
28-08-2005, 02:00
/.../ the Xbox 360 has better stats than the PS3, /.../

Wait. Did I miss something?

/Adrian

Nazguire
28-08-2005, 07:45
Wait. Did I miss something?

/Adrian

Evidently, as did I. I always thought that PS3 had higher specs.

Inquisitor Engel
29-08-2005, 04:28
Evidently, as did I. I always thought that PS3 had higher specs.

Depends which company's spinning it.

Both have their merits.

The Xbox 360's CPU has more general purpose processing power because it has three general purpose cores, and Cell has just one, although Cell's claimed advantage is on streaming floating point work which is done on its seven DSP processors. The Xbox 360 GPU has more processing power than the PS3's and Xbox 360 has 278.4 GB/s of memory system bandwidth. The PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360's (48 GB/s) of total memory system bandwidth.

The Xbox 360 processor was designed to give game developers the power that they actually need, in an easy to use form. The Cell processor has impressive streaming floating-point power that is of limited use for games.

I know a programmer for EA Games, and he's already complaining about having to program for the PS3, he says it's a HUGE problem trying to get anything to run correctly repeatedly. He said if he wanted to make a movie, he'd use the PS3, if he wanted to make a game, he'd use the X-Box.

The PS3 is going to take patience to program for, but at the end of the day, I don't think it's going to matter, especially since the PS3's pricetag is $500, and considering the processor is costing nearly $1000 to make...

Meanwhile, the Xbox 360 will be $399 for the deluxe version with removable oodles of gigs memory, two wireless controllers, and an exclusive face plate.
The standard version, with no memory, no faceplate, and just one controller is going to be $299.

Those prices are from my last product briefing with Best Buy, so they may change before the release, but it at this point in the year, I doubt it. Out of all the next generation systems, I'll be getting all of them. The Xbox 360 for simple processing power and online gaming, the PS3 for simply watching the Killzone 2 Demo (Which is not pre-rendered!) and the Nintendo Revolution for the Nintendo games it will play. (And downloadable Nintendo library!)