PDA

View Full Version : New Vampire Counts?

Spaco
08-04-2005, 17:58
I was at the bunker the other day and the manager was going over a list of releases for most of the next 6 months, and in it was listed some type of skeleton pirates or something? Anyone know about what this might be?

Festering Chantor
08-04-2005, 18:03
RoR for this summers jungle campain... There is supposed to be a drawing of them in the Lustria book, just been a rumour untill now (thanks!)...

rkunisch
08-04-2005, 18:12
Err, what else was on this wunderful list? :eek:

Have fun,

Rolf.

Spaco
08-04-2005, 18:13
Yeah, the Lustria book had no mention of them (maybe in the fluff, I only did a general scan of the book) so maybe they'll be released in a White Dwarf?

Edit: That was the only thing on the list that I hadn't heard about, everything else was just dates for releases of the new lizzy and skaven stuff mostly. I'll bug them tomorrow for more info, though!

Sylass
08-04-2005, 18:25
Undead Pirates, eh? Sounds like a very cool concept/idea if ye ask me.

Hopefully it's true... ARR!

:D

m1s1n
08-04-2005, 19:05
So many people are jumping on this "undead pirate" boat--
Privateer Press is releasing something like that for the new Cryx models.
Oh how fashion emulates popular trends!

EvC
08-04-2005, 19:13
I remember reading the designer's notes on the 6th edition VC book, and they said that there was a seventh bloodline that they hoped to sneak out one day- I guess this isn't it though. Any ideas what that was all about?

Shoggoth
08-04-2005, 19:33
For the future "Conquest fo the New World summer campaing" there will be a booklet given with WD.
In this booklet (alongside with the WD issue) there will be rules for the army of the Vampire Lord Luthor Arkon lmaster fo the Vampire Coast in Lustria.

The list will be based on this SPECIAL character and will get zombie with handguns,some tricky/weird magic item(like a dead parrot) and a magic cannon with 8 guns (called like "big bertha" or something).Like Nurglitch or Tehenehuini army this list will be forced to get this General,but however the list will also present even a NEW RoR called something like "Black Pearl Pirates" with some special rules too.

More informations to come...i'm not joking,this list will appear this very summer ;)

Delicious Soy
08-04-2005, 23:12
'Black Pearl pirates?' Uh-huh. Anyway if undead pirates emerge it will simply prove that pirates>ninjas

Black Ambience
08-04-2005, 23:51
'Black Pearl pirates?' Uh-huh. Anyway if undead pirates emerge it will simply prove that pirates>ninjas

No way! Ninjas have so much more going for them than Pirates, in both character and gaming potential (look at Clan Eshin). Ninjas > Pirates! :p

Spaco
09-04-2005, 04:37
Oh Lord, just think of the bloodshed that will occur between zombie pirates and ninja rats. The apocolypse is upon us!

taer
09-04-2005, 07:19
No way! Ninjas have so much more going for them than Pirates, in both character and gaming potential (look at Clan Eshin). Ninjas > Pirates! :p

Personally, I lean more towards the Ninja-pirate-mushrooms camp meself :D

Compyraptor
09-04-2005, 18:31
Black Pearl Pirates :rolleyes:. I know GW hasn't got much originality but surely they can do better than that ??

Frecus
09-04-2005, 21:01
I'm with Taer!

But how about zombie ninja-pirate mushrooms with hair and a rat-tail?

I'll shut up now...

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Baggers
09-04-2005, 21:25
I like the idea of adding to the skeleton range, as the plastics are some of the most boring models I have ever had the pleasure of painting. But as people have said Zombie skeletons are a bit cliched espically with Pirates of the Carribean 2 on its way soon.

Rabid Bunny 666
09-04-2005, 21:58
hmm, there is a pic of pirate zombies at the front of the lustria book and a picture of an undead (well, it looked kinda dead) a little way inside.

all this new fantasy stuff, no movie marines :(

Stouty
10-04-2005, 01:02
A space marine movie, I wonder how many complaints that would get (ant-nazis, pro-nazis, christians, parents, 40k players, fantasy players ect.)

Spaco
10-04-2005, 02:55
Unfortunately, these won't be new models- just a bundling of sprues like the Eye of Terror mutants were.

taer
10-04-2005, 03:01
Weren't those just a damn pitty?

Festering Chantor
10-04-2005, 09:37
A friend of mine used to glue lots of ork parts together and call them 'conversions'... basically the same... he's over that now...

Stouty
10-04-2005, 09:45
Man I hated those conversions, they looked **** even when 'eavy metal team did them, just like those damned flayerkin in white dwarf.

Jedi152
11-04-2005, 11:44
So what sprues would be included in an undead pirate set?

Skeleton and Free company one would presume. They look pretty piratey. And plenty of the infinitely useful morheim accessory sprues, which have plenty of piratey bits on them.

And once and for all: Pirates>ninjas.

Griffonstone
11-04-2005, 21:48
The marketing machine that is GW ...sigh :( So much for the mysterious 7th Bloodline :rolleyes:

boogle
11-04-2005, 21:59
the mysterious bloodline is just like the 2 missing Marine legions, one of those things that keep us talking

Sentinel75
12-04-2005, 13:22
I have the "Conquest of the New World" booklet that just came with the latest issue of WD. ZOMBIE PIRATES OF THE VAMPIRE COAST are included in these rules. they are 0-1 they are special choice for neutral or evil armies in the campaign and rare for VC armies anytime else. they are a unit that must be summoned to the board via a Bound Magic Item.
This is sort of wierd IMO since you pay for them AND the magic item to get them on the table thus 20 of them, the minimum size, AND the item to summon them costs 200 points. You may increase the number via neheks.
They do have some special rules like causing terror the first round summoned if summoned from a water feature. and they are, obviously, aquatic.

Reabe
12-04-2005, 14:50
I have the "Conquest of the New World" booklet that just came with the latest issue of WD. ZOMBIE PIRATES OF THE VAMPIRE COAST are included in these rules. they are 0-1 they are special choice for neutral or evil armies in the campaign and rare for VC armies anytime else. they are a unit that must be summoned to the board via a Bound Magic Item.
This is sort of wierd IMO since you pay for them AND the magic item to get them on the table thus 20 of them, the minimum size, AND the item to summon them costs 200 points. You may increase the number via neheks.
They do have some special rules like causing terror the first round summoned if summoned from a water feature. and they are, obviously, aquatic.

Scans? Photos?

Rohirrim
12-04-2005, 18:34

UK or US WD?

boogle
12-04-2005, 19:44
US must be as Uk isn't due out for another week

Rohirrim
12-04-2005, 19:46
It isn't due out for another week in the US either.

Outcast995
12-04-2005, 21:03
one sec u get some skelis with guns their aqutic and u need to get a magic item that costs 200 pts to get them plus their cost. Do have any other rules witch would actually make them worht this much.

Stouty
12-04-2005, 21:32
Maybe they get to field johny Depp!

Three Headed Monkey
13-04-2005, 03:15
Keep in mind "Undead Pirates" first came into popular view (as far as I know) from the Monkey Island games. The big baddy of the series, LeChuck, goes from ghost to zombie, to daemon. Also the opening cut scene from 'The Curse of Monkey Island' is remarkably similar to the scene where the black pearl attacks the harbor fort at the start of the movie. (Monkey Island came first!!)

Recreating the pirates and characters from the game onto the table top has always been a bit of a dream for me, but im too lazy to actually do it. Undead Pirate models being released would give me a good place to start.

Stouty
13-04-2005, 19:39
Monkey Island, a classic if ever there was one...

Griffonstone
14-04-2005, 11:38
Skeleton Pirates :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It justs shows the potential of Pirates of the Caribean Fans and other movies or games like it, to rush out and go and buy loads of these blisters and or boxes and start a brand new army with Canibal like Chieftains or Shamans as their General. :p GW does it again where they nail it right on the head.

Captain Morgan
14-04-2005, 11:54
one sec u get some skelis with guns their aqutic and u need to get a magic item that costs 200 pts to get them plus their cost. Do have any other rules witch would actually make them worht this much.

Killing blow on a 2+ from their guns and autocasting Cassandora's big space rock.
Apart from the the zombie part the piratething is a very good idea...

Slyracoon
14-04-2005, 16:25
What is it with all the undead RoRs? We had the Cursed Company, now this. I know that isn't a huge amount, but when you consider it's undead (i.e not your average mercernary) it seems a bit wierd. Plus it doesn't really matter if they do a godly sculpt on the models, if they can be nehek'd then more than half the unit will end up as regular skeletons.

And I'm afraid that ninjas>pirates. In fact, ninjas>all. Deja vu, anyone else remember the ninja thread on Lonaf?

Stouty
14-04-2005, 19:20
Sorry but Ninja-samurai-Pirates>Any other weird combo

I don't like the sound of these dudes rules but the models sound fun, and two mercenary regiments isn't much when compared to the 2 whole damned countries of them that everyone else gets.

Neknoh
15-04-2005, 17:07
Do you mean these? (http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/default.htm)

Festus
15-04-2005, 18:03
Hi

Those definitely are conversions utilizing the Zombies (surprise!), the Mordheim Mercenarys/Empire Militia and Marauder sprues.

Greetings
Festus

Stouty
15-04-2005, 18:47
They seem thoroughly indifferent tonormal zombie convesions.
I was hoping they#'d all have pistols or something, maybe act a bit more piratical.

Oh well i should have prefered mre WEs

Neknoh
15-04-2005, 19:52
Hi

Those definitely are conversions utilizing the Zombies (surprise!), the Mordheim Mercenarys/Empire Militia and Marauder sprues.

Greetings
Festus

I strongly doubt that they are conversions.

They have a completely different look to their heads and arms then the normal zombies as well as being on the GW Sneek Peak.

The Engine of the Gods on the other hand, it has never been on Sneek Peaks and is most certainly a conversion

Stouty
15-04-2005, 20:04
The head were frokm the empire militia sprue, minor conversions with standered zombies (new hats ect.)

Three Headed Monkey
16-04-2005, 06:29
The seem like they could have been converted, but if you look closely you will see several of the same identical model. Why would they convert more than one model in a unit to look EXACTLY alike? Identical models in a unit indicates that these are in fact metal minatures.

Some 'parts' look similar to the current zombie and militia range, so perhaps the unit we are looking at is a mix of converted and made metal models. Besides, the pirate front center looks nothing like anything from the current zombie sprues. Unique command at least then?

taer
16-04-2005, 06:36
The following is what I posted in the other thread about these Zombie-pirates, and should answer some of these questions. Oh, that and we've already heard that these guys were an EoT'esque conversion kit.

"Nope, I think they photo-chopped the image. The second two ranks are made up of exactly the same mix of models, minus command, as the front rank with the exact same coloring and highlight placement.

I don't blame them either. If I was a 'Eavy metal guy, I'd be fething pissed if they made me paint twenty ****** pirate zombies. 10 I could almost do."

Cacodemon
16-04-2005, 07:36
The seem like they could have been converted, but if you look closely you will see several of the same identical model. Why would they convert more than one model in a unit to look EXACTLY alike? Identical models in a unit indicates that these are in fact metal minatures.

Why would they paint the identical models EXACTLY the same colours? Surely they would randomize the paint scheme. And the parts look just like the ones on the Militia and Zombie sprues I have here in my home. They are photoshopped, ugly conversions of existing models.

Stouty
17-04-2005, 10:59
Well this whole thing has been a let down. First new vampire counts, then new zombies, now ****** coversions i have at home.
Why god WHY!?!?!?!?!?!

Three Headed Monkey
17-04-2005, 14:26
Why would they paint the identical models EXACTLY the same colours? Surely they would randomize the paint scheme. And the parts look just like the ones on the Militia and Zombie sprues I have here in my home. They are photoshopped, ugly conversions of existing models.

I must admit I did not even think that some of the models in this pic could have been digitally copied and reproduced. Now that I have had some time to actually go and look at pics of zombie models (I have none of my own for comparison) it is obvious to see that many of the models shown in the Undead Pirate pic have been created using parts from the zombie sprue. The most notable feature is the highly recognisable heads from the zombie sprue.

Thank you Cacodemon for looking further than I did.

I guess I was just expecting more for a RoR.

@Stouty
It certainly is a pain in the but.

Stouty
17-04-2005, 14:51
Oh well at least these ones are affordable on my oh-so-close-to-nothing budget unlike the other undead RoR.
The problem is like a lot of other VC players i have already combined militia sprues with the zombie set. They won't look any diffferent.

BlazeXI
21-04-2005, 12:24
Oh well at least these ones are affordable on my oh-so-close-to-nothing budget unlike the other undead RoR.
The problem is like a lot of other VC players i have already combined militia sprues with the zombie set. They won't look any diffferent.

Hello again,

apart for my poor painting the new Undead Pirates look just like my Sylvanian Levy :D. I'm surely not the only one who has done it.

Stouty
21-04-2005, 20:13
Not by a long shot!