PDA

View Full Version : Forge world newsletter 117

Inflammable
08-04-2005, 18:10
Hi Felix,

You’ll be glad to know it’s time for a new Forge World Newsletter. Number 117 to be precise. This issue we have some new models to show and some information on show attendance. For those of you going to Games Day LA this weekend, be sure to visit the Forge World stand. Oh, you might want to show Ewen this Newsletter, before asking him about anything on it, he doesn’t know we’re sending it!

Cheers
Dean Winson
Forge World

Mukaali
Thundering heavily across the desert come's a Tallarn Roughrider mounted on his Mukaali Xenos steed. These figures are not yet available but we thought we’d show you what we have instore. People have been asking what these look like for a while and we’ve deliberately not described them, after all, there are elements of elephant and camel amongst other things and however we chose to describe it the actual thing would not match the image in peoples minds. Now you need wonder no more. They'll be out soon.

Link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/tallarnmrr.htm

Space Marine Raptors Chapter Doors
The latest offering in our collection of Chapter specific doors begins with two sets for the Raptors Chapter. Many of you will know of the Raptors Chapter, they are a successor to the Raven Guard and are well known for their jungle warfare, but as with all Marine Chapters, they deploy whenever and wherever they are required (including on the planet Taros in our new book, but you’ll have to wait for that!). To aid their rapid deployment they make use of the ubiquitous Rhino and Land Raider transports. With these stunning new doors your transports can proudly proclaim their allegiance. Personally, I think these are some of the best doors so far. Simon Egan’s skill improves every time he makes a new model and the sculpting on these doors is fantastic. It’s already been pointed out to me that these would work well for many other Marine Chapters including possibly the Gryphon types

Link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/raptorsrdoors1.htm

Crux Terminatus Land Raider Doors
Continuing with doors, We have a set of Land Raider doors which can be used by any Marine Chapter in the Imperium. Also by Simon Egan, these Land Raider doors depict the badge of honour for elite Space Marines, the Crux Terminatus. These doors are perfect for identifying your Terminators Land Raider or perhaps your command squad, proudly displaying their honour to their enemies

Link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/termlrdoors.htm

Forge World Show Attendance
Games Day LA is of course this weekend. Forge World will be there with a large stand so any one who’s going, pop over and take a look. The Chaos Dragon and Elysians will be on display so it’s a good chance to see them in the “resin?. Two weeks time sees us at both Games Day Paris in France and Salute 05 in London. We are still taking reservations for both of these events so if you’d like something in particular, send us an email or give us a call letting us know what you’d like and we’ll have the models put aside for you on the day.

Link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/shows.htm

Painted Heirophant
In our ongoing efforts to get painted pictures of all our models up on the website, we have just uploaded pictures of our painted Tyranid Heirophant Bio-Titan. This is a truly stunning paint job and the painter Fil Dunn has added the scenic base upon which it rests, giving it a true sense of scale.

Link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/hierophantpaint.htm

The Space Marine Doors Are Available To Pre-Order Right Now!
The three new sets of Space Marine Doors will be released and shipped out from 3rd May. We always ship out pre-orders in the same order that we receive them. What does this mean? If you pre-order early, you are one of the first people to get them, and of course we do not charge your card until we are just about to ship your order to you. The Doors are available to pre-order right now over the phone and at our online store.

Link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html

Inflammable
08-04-2005, 18:12
That mukaali is a weird creature, not too sure about it. Although the rider is awesome, awesome to the max.

And that hierophant is damn fine when painted.

worldshatterer
08-04-2005, 18:24
The Mukaali looks damn cool, its very alien . The rider is beautiful, i hope one day gw will come to their senses and do away with the hideous old Attilan rough riders and replace them with something half as good as that . I do have one serious problem with the model though, it looks like the rider would have serious problems hitting anyone with that lance !

Inflammable
08-04-2005, 18:32
The very alien part of the mukaali is probably why I don't really like it, Imperials and something that doesn't look like them doesn't mix :P

rkunisch
08-04-2005, 18:46
I also like the Mukaali. They are just about right. If Tallarns only would use common horses where would be the SciFi-factor?

Have fun,

Rolf.

The Exeter
08-04-2005, 18:48
I do have one serious problem with the model though, it looks like the rider would have serious problems hitting anyone with that lance !
:D

That was the first thing I thought! My guess would be that the creature cranes it's neck down or something. Still a very nice model, but I'm wondering what kind of cash those will go for.

Piku
08-04-2005, 18:48
It looks a stunning model, really evocative of Tallarn (And a bit of Tatooine). I can't quite envisage a whole unit of them though. I'm just getting just one for a diorama.

t-tauri
08-04-2005, 18:55
It looks a stunning model, really evocative of Tallarn (And a bit of Tatooine). I can't quite envisage a whole unit of them though.
I can't envisage what the price of the unit will be. :(

One point made on dakka was that the head and neck of the creature bears a disturbing similarity to male genitalia. I really see that every time I look at it.

New Cult King
09-04-2005, 03:00
Oh dear. That Tallarn looks sweet, but the thing he's riding... I'd get in trouble if I said what the head and neck look like...

Randallw
09-04-2005, 03:20
I've been saving for a preheresy landraider, but I have had trouble deciding which doors to include. I had a feeling if I waited eventually FW would have new stuff I could order with it. Now they have the crux doors which will be perfect for a Mortifactors LR.

the_yuk
09-04-2005, 05:53
I really dont thnk that lance would be able to reach the ground to attack a low lying enemy, but it looks really nice. I was expecting the last of the EDT range to be in this letter, maybe the veteran s are going to be alot better the i thought if its taking htis long.

Avian
09-04-2005, 08:45
I really dont thnk that lance would be able to reach the ground to attack a low lying enemy
Well, if the enemy lay down the tallarn would just get his mukaali to stomp him flat, wouldn't he? :D

It's a bit too large (and thereby: expensive) for my liking.

Cypher
09-04-2005, 11:33
The Tallarn thing is odd. The rider is great, but the beast is just weird. Id like to see it with a really good paint job though.

the_yuk
09-04-2005, 11:48
For me the rider is to far forward on the animal, easy to fall off. I suppose the lance is for charging, if someone lay down why not just shoot them with the las pistol etc. I like it, makes us more aware of other animals in the 40k universe, i mean horses cant be everywhere can they. Personally id consider buying some of these, ive always wanted to have a squad as a tribute to the Oz light horseman from WW1.

Spacejens
09-04-2005, 12:33
I can't envisage what the price of the unit will be. :(

One point made on dakka was that the head and neck of the creature bears a disturbing similarity to male genitalia. I really see that every time I look at it.

While I like the model, I really hope that no-one paints it a pinkish flesh colour...

Also, the Hierophant is just plain lovely!

invivos
09-04-2005, 12:49
I like the Mukaali, I wished FW and GW would produce more Xeno animals or plants, e.g. a Grox maybe? The Mukaali looks simelar to an extinct mammal called Indricotherium http://www.ne.jp/asahi/dinosaur/araki/im/108.htm which I think is quite cool :D I wonder on the price tag though....

Tyra_Nid
09-04-2005, 13:12
Hmmm, I hope Forgeworld sells the rider separately as well... Otherwise, it would be good to use the mukaali as a pack animal or something. Maybe towing heavy weapons etc. I really cant see it in combat. And I doubt something like that would have the same toughness/strength/save as a horse.

ive always wanted to have a squad as a tribute to the Oz light horseman from WW1.

Me too, I started with this one (http://tyrasecretgallery2.iwarp.com/photo6.html) but havent got round to doing any more. Id like to have some normal Oz WW1 type infantry as well.

worldshatterer
09-04-2005, 13:16
Well logic would demand the Mukaali counts as a xeno mount, its extra size and toughness being represented by increasing the rough riders saving throw, but denying fleet of foot .

Nazguire
10-04-2005, 00:03
Well....the Mukaali is quite good. Its not at all like a horse which is good, and it has a touch of Gumbi-flavour for good measure. The rider is also quite good...now hope that no one paints it skin colour or do things that disturbed people do ;)

Lion El Jason
10-04-2005, 00:03
I'll be getting those terminator LR doors. DAMMIT! I hate it when this happens....I'll have to paint another bloody Land Raider now too!

Col.Gravis
10-04-2005, 00:12
hmmm the Tallarn RR isa a beautiful sculpt, usual high standard, but thats the only thing going for it in my mind :-s I hate it :P

boogle
10-04-2005, 10:29
i would guess look at the Knarloc squad for pricing. And on a totally different slant, when did the Raptors change colour scheme from Green to Yellow/Blue?

the_yuk
10-04-2005, 10:38
Who knows about when the raptors changed, maybe some one forgot when they were painting. I like the oz light horse type conversion, id love an army based around them, but far to much work.

Brimstone
10-04-2005, 10:49
i would guess look at the Knarloc squad for pricing. And on a totally different slant, when did the Raptors change colour scheme from Green to Yellow/Blue?

Actually change back, yellow/blue was their original colour but they changed to green/cammo for Armageddon (??) and it kind of stuck.

Jahrael
11-04-2005, 21:03
I really dont thnk that lance would be able to reach the ground to attack a low lying enemy, but it looks really nice. I was expecting the last of the EDT range to be in this letter, maybe the veteran s are going to be alot better the i thought if its taking htis long.

I was at the LA Gamesday and asked Forge World Designer Will Hayes (the co-designer of the EDT range) what was next. Expecting tidbits on the veterans, I was severely disappointed when he said nothing more is expected in the near future :( . I hope he was holding out for later surprises but he seemed confident nothing follows.

boogle
11-04-2005, 21:27
yeah thats pretty much what they said to me when i rang then, they want to concentrate on the other Taros stuff and 'other projects', so it looks like we'll have tpo create the Vets ourselves

x-esiv-4c
11-04-2005, 21:59
The Mulaaki ( or whatever) reminds me of that alien thing the storm-troopers were riding in episode 4 during the desert scene.

boogle
11-04-2005, 22:06
nah, it looks nothing like a Dewback

charlie_c67
12-04-2005, 10:16
Looking at the Raptor doors does this mean we could see other Raptor bits? Like those special rebreathers etc?

Sai-Lauren
12-04-2005, 11:20
That mukaali is a weird creature, not too sure about it. Although the rider is awesome, awesome to the max.

Hmm, looks to me like someone's taken a big ball of clay, then stuck some clay sausages onto it and vaguely sculpted some detail. Almost as though someone started with an elephant, then got told to make it more like a camel.

Not impressed at all. Sorry. :(

Although the rider is good.