PDA

View Full Version : Blisters v. Boxes?

szn
23-05-2007, 21:38
I'm about ready to buy my army. I'm fairly certain on my math, and buying blister packs of 2 knights to get the 21 knights I need is cheaper than buying Grey Knight squad box sets to get what I need. (plus I'd have a few justicars and incinerator knights laying around doing nothing)

My question is, what do I miss out on if I don't buy the boxed sets?

Tanner MIrabel
23-05-2007, 22:20
Boxes?

What models do you need in your army?

szn
23-05-2007, 22:25
3 Justicars and 21 Grey Knights.

I'm talking about buying 3 Justicar blisters and 11 Grey Knight blisters, instead of the GK squad box that comes with a justicar, 3 knights, and 1 with incinerator.

are there any "extras" or anything in the box set?

This (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/daemonhunters/catalog/grey_knights.htm) is the box i'm talking about

Kerflunc
23-05-2007, 22:27
no extras just that

Tanner MIrabel
23-05-2007, 22:33
Whats your maths? Looking at the UK site, I make the boxes as cheaper*:

3 boxes @ 15 pounds
6 blisters of 2 men @ 7 pounds
= 87 pounds, and you get three incinerators which you can ebay

or

3 justicars @ 5 pounds
11 blisters of 2 men @ 7 pounds
= 92 pounds (with one man left over)

But that's as I said, from the UK site

Edit: * I mean a combination of boxes and blisters is cheaper, not boxes alone. Boxes alone works out way more expensive:

7 boxes @ 15 pounds
= 105 pounds (with 4 justicars and 7 incinerators left over)

Khornies & milk
23-05-2007, 22:45
I'm in Aussie, so can't helpp you monetarily wise, but the UK GW sell GK Bits.
e.g. You can buy Storm Bolter arms to replace Incinerators.

This may help you decide...or confuse the issue even more.

cheers

szn
23-05-2007, 22:49
Whats your maths? Looking at the UK site, I make the boxes as cheaper*

Edit: * I mean a combination of boxes and blisters is cheaper, not boxes alone. Boxes alone works out way more expensive

Honestly, I hadn't thought about a combination of the two. Thanks for pointing this out.

Tanner MIrabel
23-05-2007, 22:50
Good thinking, but I think the incinerators are pretty much one piece with the model: you can't swap the arms on them.

Here's another twist though, if you were prepared to use some justicar models as normal grey knights, you could have :

6 boxes @ 15 pounds
= 90 pounds (with 6 incinerators left over)

That may be even more efficient than the 87 pounds one, if you can get a decent price for your incinerators on ebay, or a good swap with a mate

KITS AND BITS
23-05-2007, 22:51
blisters should always work out at more than buying a box set ,box set is 15 and contains 5 models so thats 3 per model .
blisters cost 7 each so thats 3.50 each and if you want a justicar or incinarator they are 5 each .so as you can see the box sets will always work out cheaper
as you inthe USA 1 =$2 approx . but i would always check ebay first , or if your serious about the army i could do you the models at 15% less than GW plus postage ,but should save you a bit of cash !
PM me if your interested

mark

Tanner MIrabel
23-05-2007, 22:52
Thanks for pointing this out.

Don't mention it

Tanner MIrabel
23-05-2007, 22:54
so as you can see the box sets will always work out cheaper

Only if you want everything that's in the boxed set. The OP isn't interested in incinerators.

spacemtfanwdw
24-05-2007, 04:34
Here in Canada, the Grey Knight boxed set is 45$. The Grey Knights in power armor blister is 16$ and the Justicar 12$. So its actually 1$ cheaper to buy them separately and you're not stuck with incinerators!