PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings incantations and Pikes

Voltaire
23-05-2007, 23:21
My query relates to something which came up in a game before between my Tomb Kings and someone elses Dogs of War.

A unit of Tomb Kings Chariots charged a unit of Pikemen. After reading the rules the Pikemen hit first before the impact hits, however, during the magic phase I cast the spell that lets the chariots do a single hit each successfully. My opponent let me roll my attacks despite the Pike rules being able to strike before even impact hits.

Now, herein lies the problem - should I have been able to go first because technically it was magically fuelled attacks in the magic phase or should the pikes have taken priority because of their obvious advantage over something like impact hits. The wording of this is very poor as it states

They would attack like they would in the following close combat phase

The problem is I would have been striking last in the next combat phase...

Could anyone be of help here please. Many thanks.

Atrahasis
23-05-2007, 23:40
The chariots attacks from the Incantation of Righteous Smiting are in addition to the normal sequence. The Pikes do not strike until 2 phases later in the turn.

Masque
23-05-2007, 23:44
The extra attacks from the incantation happen during the magic phase. Then during the close combat phase the impact hits will happen, then the pikes, then the chariots' regular attacks.

Sanjuro
23-05-2007, 23:51
Back in 5th, the 'Always strike first' rule for pikes had a disclaimer - magical means of striking first always trumped the pike rule (magic trumped common causes in general in 5th).

But that's just curiosa. As has been stated, the attacks go outside the normal turn and combat sequence.

Voltaire
23-05-2007, 23:56
Many thanks everyone.