PDA

View Full Version : Nercomancer Army 2k

eleveninches
24-05-2007, 10:52
I am trying this army out today:

315: Master Necromancer lv4 (staff of damnation, book of arkhan, wristbands of black gold)
150: Necromancer lv2 (power familiar)
91: Wight Lord (heavy armour, shield, tomb blade)
89: Wight Lord (heavy armour, enchanted shield, sword of the kings)

115: 20 Zombies
185: 20 Skeletons (FC, spears)
193: 21 Skeletons (FC, spears)

241: 8 Black Knights (FC, barding, warbanner)
363: 24 Grave Guard (FC, halberds, banner of the barrows)

75: Banshee

----
----

SkawtheFalconer
24-05-2007, 10:58
Its an interesting army, no doubt - used cleverly, I'm sure it will be very powerful. But that lvl 4 necromancer is going to have a huge target on his chest because he's not that great in combat (certainly a lot worse than the Vampire we're used to seeing), causes crumbling, and would severely hinder your magic once killed. Personally, I'd gladly sacrifice a unit or two for a chance at killing him. I'm sure he'll have wight bodyguard, but he'll be taking the charge most of the time won't he?

That's my main concern - plus the lack of fast units (I would personally always take ghouls and fell bats) for warmachines - but other than that looks very solid.

eleveninches
24-05-2007, 11:05
hell be hiding in or behind units most of the time, and has 3+ ward save vs missiles OF ANY KIND.

One Wight lord in the 2 skelly squads (might take the second one from the black knights squad)

Also, book of arkhan will allow extra movement.

I am planning on getting a few bats soon, so they will be put in with the army as well.

Lord Khabal
24-05-2007, 11:12
Why don't you put the necro lord with the "i'm ethereal" magic item and the "4+ ward save vs magical attacks + MR2"!!! that's an awesome combo (don't know the names of the items though...)

eleveninches
24-05-2007, 11:18
they are both 45 points each. I want him to have a few bound spells, so that he can get off at least a few spells each turn, as the enemy will not be able to dispell them all AND invokation of nehek at the same time

eleveninches
24-05-2007, 11:26
320: Master Necromancer lv4 (obsidian amulet, cloak of mist & shadows, black periapt)
140: Necromancer lv2 (staff of damnation)
125: Necromancer lv2 (book of arkhan)

177: 19 Skeletons (FC, spears)

351: 23 Grave Guard (FC, halberds, banner of the barrows)

----
----

decided to split the bound items between my charachters, and give the master necro some more protection.

Rabban
24-05-2007, 11:31
The first list:

I am trying this army out today:

315: Master Necromancer lv4 (staff of damnation, book of arkhan, wristbands of black gold)
150: Necromancer lv2 (power familiar)
91: Wight Lord (heavy armour, shield, tomb blade)

193: 21 Skeletons (FC, spears)

363: 24 Grave Guard (FC, halberds, banner of the barrows)

----
----

is illegal as a character can only have one bound spell. (BRB p121)

I wouldn't give the tomb blade to a wight lord, as he loses his killing blow for it, and at S4 he won't achieve a lot with it, instead I would probably try the cursed book or the rod of flaming death if you want a lot of magic.

Also, with the second list you can't give the book of Arkhan to a wight lord as he is not a wizard.

Lord Khabal
24-05-2007, 11:31
If you want more spells how about a third necro? 3 neheks a turn is hard to counter!!! And instead of the wight lord put a von carstein thrall with wolf form and 1+AS

eleveninches
24-05-2007, 11:40
If you want more spells how about a third necro? 3 neheks a turn is hard to counter!!! And instead of the wight lord put a von carstein thrall with wolf form and 1+AS no vampires allowed in necro armies. that's why their units are so cheap.

Also, with the second list you can't give the book of Arkhan to a wight lord as he is not a wizard. where does it say that he needs to be a wizard? magic standards can be used by non-wizards, so why can't bound items be used by non-wizards?

I wouldn't give the tomb blade to a wight lord, as he loses his killing blow for itWhere does it say this?

Rabban
24-05-2007, 11:46
where does it say that he needs to be a wizard? magic standards can be used by non-wizards, so why can't bound items be used by non-wizards?

Bound items can be used by non-wizards but arcane items can only be used by a wizard, see BRB p121

Where does it say this?

Wight Blades rule (VC p27) ".... Note that this rule does not apply to any magic weapon that a Wight Lord buys from the magic items list."

Lord Khabal
24-05-2007, 11:48
Sorry, my bad. I forgot you're using the necro list... no vamps.
You can however give the book of arkhan to the wight lord since it's not an arcane item.
If you're not using wight blade (tomb blade? - not sure of the name) and other magic weapon you don't gain the killing blow ability since it's given by the weapon and not the character/model itself (for exemple the DE executioners)

Rabban
24-05-2007, 11:51
You can however give the book of arkhan to the wight lord since it's not an arcane item.

Yes it is an arcane item, see p51 of the VC book.

eleveninches
24-05-2007, 11:59
so im dropping that wight, as his main role was to increase the number of skellies in his unit by using tomb blade, but ill have another necro instead

Sidney
27-05-2007, 06:42
you can give a vampire thrall an arcane wepon BUT...
you half to give it Nehekaharas noble blood

(sorry i no its off the subject but its out there now)

Rabban
27-05-2007, 10:27
you can give a vampire thrall an arcane wepon BUT...
you half to give it Nehekaharas noble blood

(sorry i no its off the subject but its out there now)

But if you give him Nehekhara's noble blood he only has 5 points of his magic allowance left and the cheapest arcane item on the list is 15pts and therefore out of his reach.

rexim
27-05-2007, 22:45
If he is Nechrash he can have Arcane iteams read the rules,