PDA

View Full Version : Ogre items rule clarification

Mawchild
24-05-2007, 13:17
just a couple of qestions,

Firstly, if a bruiser uses the siegebreaker against a unit of zombies does it deliver 4D6 automatic wounds, as each swing mows down a number of zombies or simply 4 automatic wounds like a normal multiwound weapon? Since the rules state auto wounds I presume no armour saves are allowed though I doubt this matters due to the armour modifier, how about ward saves though I'm not sure a situation would arise given the units that have 0 initiative?

Secondly does the skullmantle mean that enemy units effected by a braingobbler spell cast by the butcher make their panic test with a -1 penalty to Ld?

cheers

Avian
24-05-2007, 13:20
Firstly, if a bruiser uses the siegebreaker against a unit of zombies does it deliver 4D6 automatic wounds, as each swing mows down a number of zombies or simply 4 automatic wounds like a normal multiwound weapon? Since the rules state auto wounds I presume no armour saves are allowed though I doubt this matters due to the armour modifier, how about ward saves though I'm not sure a situation would arise given the units that have 0 initiative?
Each attack (which hits automatically) can only kill one zombie. Saves may be taken as normal, though few things get armour saves against Strength 8.

Secondly does the skullmantle mean that enemy units effected by a braingobbler spell cast by the butcher make their panic test with a -1 penalty to Ld?
Yep.

Mawchild
24-05-2007, 14:59
Cheers. Skull mantle might be handier than I thought, though it's still a hefty 35 pts which is a pain.

Avian
24-05-2007, 15:06
The Skullmantle ain't 35 pts...

M_M
25-05-2007, 13:43
siegebreaker and skullmantle on a butcher is fun if it is still viable

Avian
25-05-2007, 13:46
Eh? Why would it not be viable? It is actually a quite nice combo agains the right opponents.