PDA

View Full Version : 1250 empire Needing Guidance

MattKienbaum
24-05-2007, 14:24
This is one of many 1250-point empire armies I have built. My group of friends tends to keep the battles small. However I have been playing a Chaos Undivided player lately and have yet to beet hem. He seems to always get a marginal victory (Chaos Chosen, furies, hounds). This is my first attempt without any artillery. I know I can pound his army into the ground by building a gun line, but I am trying to avoid that one trick pony. Please let me know what you think.

Captain 99
Great weapon
Long Bow
Dawn Armour
Barded Warhorse
In
5 Knights of inner Circle 170
Great weapons
Full Command

Warrior Priest (General) 119
Great weapon
Armour of Mereoric Iron
In
20 Swordsmen 145
Full Command
DET 1 5 hand-gunners 40
DET 2 10 halberdiers 50

Battle Wizard 115
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
In
20 Swordsmen 145
Full Command
DET 1 5 hand-gunners 40
DET 2 10 halberdiers 50

5 Pistoliers 114
Musician + Outrider
Repeater Pistol

5 Outriders 134
Musician + Champion
Hochland long Rifle
=1221

That leaves me 29 points for magic items or . . .
If I could squeeze a few points out of the army I could bump the mage to level 2, Your thoughts please?

Zapherion
24-05-2007, 15:04
ok, first off ur army looks pretty good, but as an old empire player would change one thing. if ur playing chaos then i would have my infanty blocks with spears or halberds. ive played chaos once n i remember losing quite a few men in the front rank n then being left with few men to strike back with, and on the attack i just couldnt kill them anyway. so, spears if u wanna defend (like any sane empire player) or halberds for the attack. thats probs the biggest change id make...i think that frees up points but im not sure. oh also, dont bother wit a longbow for the captain. if u can, get a pistol, if not just leave it out. And also maybe a lance instead of the great weapon, but thats just me

MattKienbaum
24-05-2007, 15:18
The halbeard Detachments are for the attack, but using large blocks of spearmen for parent units is sumething i will try, at least on one of the blocks. Thanks for the sugestions Zapherion. I'll keep the changes for the captin in mind. I always bounce between great weapons and lance & shield, I just cant seem to decide. +1 armor or +1 Strength on every attack round. Any Thoughts?

RdDragon5
24-05-2007, 15:19
Great weapons in 7th edition only give +1 Strength in combat while mounted now, so stick with lances. Then you won't also be striking last. Also see if you can't get both big blocks of infantry up to 25 models, it makes a big difference.