PDA

View Full Version : A snotling idea.

wingedserpant
24-05-2007, 15:07
I thought up this way of using snotlings to hold up units.

You buy at least 6 or so in seperent choices so each base is a unit on its own. Place two of them in front of your big core units, one slightly further forward than the other and another to the side of it.

Now say a unit tries to charge your unit thinking it can kill the snotlings then move on to the unit behind them, they will kill the first snotling base[or not, but lets be smart] and then over run into the second, kill it but will then be stuck there to be charged by your unit and/or flanked by wolves or boars[chariots or riders].

If your opponent decides not to over run they will still be stuck there to be flanked and you can move another snotling base in front of your big unit to stop you being charged.

I have yet to try it but I think this can make snotlings useful again, sorry if this has been posted before.

Avian
24-05-2007, 15:23
The basic idea, of using Snots to redirect enemy units is certainly not bad and is indeed one of the primary uses for Snotlings. However, I would not redirect into another unit of Snotlings and then counter charge the enemy unit, as they could just get a lot of easy CR by beating up the Snots. Instead it is better to just divert the enemy unit into open space or a more solid unit and then flank charge them from there.

The problem with Snots as diverters is that being Stubborn, there is a 1/6th chance that they will hold instead of run away like you'd hoped (in case you wondered, Stubborn is not meant to be an advantage for Snotlings).

More: Snotling Units (http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/tactics/snotling_units_chars)

And Snotlings are 2+ bases per unit.

sephiroth87
24-05-2007, 15:23
I thought snotling bases were 2 minimum per squad.

As for the idea, it's not terrible. I've seen people do it with chaos spawn.

Franco
24-05-2007, 18:23
And it'll be using 3 special or rare choices when there are better options out there!!! Good idea though, the only time i have heard an idea that makes snotlings useful!!!

wingedserpant
25-05-2007, 00:54
Ain't snotlings core. Any thanks for the feed back, I found it hard to explain it.

Avian
25-05-2007, 06:34
Snots are indeed core.