PDA

View Full Version : College hunting

Icewalker
25-05-2007, 02:02
Hullo boyos.
I've started looking around for colleges and such early so that my window can be relatively large in choices when the time comes to submit applications and such. My freshman year is coming to an end and I'm in a suburb of NYC. I hate it down here. I'm near Suny Purchase. I'm looking for a good music program mostly, but if they have a good visual arts program (I'm huge on jewelry as well) please point them out.

At the moment the ones I can think of:
NYU
Julliard (sp?)
Sibelius Academy (Finland)
Ithaca

Sibelius is a psychotic aspiration of mine. Oh I'm a bassoonist by the way. any names of colleges anywhere would be spectacular
my thanks.
icewalker

Kohhna
25-05-2007, 02:11
Queens Belfast. Our music suite is immense.

Scanno
25-05-2007, 12:15
Trinity College Dublin, plenty of Yanks about, it's internationally recognised, and the fees are about $15,000-$17,000 a year, a good bit cheaper than a lot of American places.

Dwarf Supreme
25-05-2007, 17:04
Juliard is unbelievably competitive, as you probably know. Good luck getting into it. Other good music schools are Berkley in Boston and The Hartt School of Music which is part of the University of Hartford. I'm pretty sure University of Hartford has a pretty good visual art program as well.

Icewalker
25-05-2007, 21:13
I don't desperately want to get into Juilliard-it sounds like a madhouse and an MIT mass suicide waiting to happen if you ask me. Then again, all diehard musicians have a little madness I suppose.
Hartford eh? Where's that?(please ignore my ignorance)