PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Chapters

Darkhorse
25-05-2007, 19:16
They've done Black Templars, Dark Angels, Blood Angels(almost), redoing the SM codex and probably the Space Wolves... Will they do the Salamanders?
and if so what would you want from a list?

Karhedron
25-05-2007, 19:39
I doubt Salamanders will get their own list. They never really had special units or anything. The best they got was a special character. My guess is that they will remain a normal codex army. Just add flamers and melta-guns to theme them. Whether traits will remain in the new SM codex is the big unknown at the moment but I am guessing probably not.

ImperialFist18
25-05-2007, 19:53
I doubt it aswell. Personally, I would love to have a codex for Imperial Fists, and I'm sure lots of other people want codex's for their chapters that don't have them. But just like Imperial Fists, a chapter with 1 special character is not going to get its own codex. Otherwise you would have a whole lot of codexes.

ChaosTicket
25-05-2007, 21:28
Imperial Fists and Salamanders are too much of codex chapters. Black Templars, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels have long histories, and are quite divergent from the codex.

I would buy a codex with Blood Angels and Dark Angel together like 2nd Edition, but individual codexes are too much. I don't think paying 100USD is good just to get the offical rules for several divergent astartes chapters.

Brother Alecium
25-05-2007, 21:45
Whatever they do, I am hoping and praying that the Trait system is not removed from the Regular Marine Codex. That would cripple every Marine army besides my Angels of Absolution that I currently have.

I would however like to see the Imperial Fists get their own Codex. They do deserve in my opinion.

silence
25-05-2007, 22:00
Seriously, if they leave in the Traits system why do codex or very near codex chapters such as the Imperial/Crimson Fists and Salamanders need a codex of there own other than for history, which can be covered in a single article in WD and indeed in some case's has been.

bdo
25-05-2007, 22:09
when codex: space marines redux comes out i would like to see a trait system (what exactly.. i dont know.. but im not that happy with the current one), in which there are beside the normals traits there are "special traits" which are meant for chapters like salamanders, iron fists, etc only. those traits can only be taken by those chapters or their successor chapter, which could possibly take traits from the "generall trait" list, but incorporating one of the "special traits" from the before mentioned chapter.

guess this could work in my eyes, but the traits inthemself have to be balanced. otherwise it will be the same dilemma as before, where alot of the lists you meet at tourneys (or from players who just want to win...) will seem like clones. guess thats a hard task to do.

Black Templars fan
26-05-2007, 00:44
i dont think salamanders will get there own codex they arent big enough

ImperialFist18
26-05-2007, 01:33
even if salamanders did get their own codex, what would be in there, just a bunch of pictures and stories. That would just about be it considering they are nothing like the chapters that have their own codex. Those chapters have numerous special characters and/or special rules like the blood angels with the death company, u have to put that stuff/rules somewhere, therefor thats why a codex is made for them.

Temprus
26-05-2007, 05:08
I would like the SM Redux to keep traits but I would also like an upgrade system for making "Special Characters" for your custom chapter. Sure the Armoury allows HQs and such to have lots of nifty items but they are still just off the shelf stuff, even if they are master-crafted. Almost all the known/modeled special characters have items/abilities that are beyond the stuff that the Armoury allows. Sadly it looks like the Aromury is going to go away in SM Redux, so I doubt there will be an upgrade add on either.

St.Germaine
26-05-2007, 16:54
Black Templars fan: When you say the Salamanders aren't big enough, I assume you mean that they don't have enough players supporting them. If this is a reference to their decimation that led to not having any Second Founding successors, they have had more than enough time to rebuild to full chapter strength.

BTW I agree that the Sallies will never get a codex of their own. Not nearly enough divergence and not enough player support (sales) to justify the cost of development of a codex.

Darkhorse
26-05-2007, 17:09
The same could have been said for Black Templars when they were only in Codex Armageddon, prior to which they were a codex chapter with a paintscheme in Codex Ultramarines.