PDA

View Full Version : grendade help

Ork_Warboss
25-05-2007, 19:54
Ok i practically know everyhting from the rulebook. yet i dont get grendades. i read the thing it makes no sense. plus i looked in my ork codex and it said stickbommas had frag AND krak stikkbombs the only one i know is frags which i still dont get. plus why dont grendades do some damage?

Lord Malek The Red Knight
25-05-2007, 20:07
read pages 39 and 72 of the rulebook.

against Vehicles, grenades do cause direct damage. against other targets, the effect of grenades is abstractly rolled up into the way combat works.

hope that helps

~ Tim

Ork_Warboss
25-05-2007, 20:29
so they only hurt vehicles...thats dumb.:( :( :(

AdmiralGrave
25-05-2007, 21:08
No some have affects in close combat such as negating cover or stopping the +1 attack for charging.

TheKiiier
25-05-2007, 21:12
True, but he wonders why they don't work like the did before in 2nd edition where you can actually throw them and they do real damage like regular shooty things do.

ChaosTicket
25-05-2007, 21:20
Alot of things have changed since 2nd edition. 2nd Ed were the glory days of 40k. Now grenades are not so good, if ever taken except as anti tank weapons for non-elite units.

Frag grenades, only good to melee troops, so assault marines with them are good(they are automatically equipped with them now), but anyone else not in CoD it's pointless. For Orks, only elites can have Frag Stickbombs. But since your elites are all low Int, but melee troops, they are decent

Really what grenades are, is simply ways to hurt tanks with your infantry. Even lowly Fire Warriors can be troublesome to a Land Raider with EMP grenades. a squad of ten assault marines with melta bombs can devastate armies that use transports quite easily.

Ork_Warboss
25-05-2007, 21:25
so wait what is a krak stickbomb and what grendades dont just make ur in. 10 like frags:confused:

Cirenivel
25-05-2007, 21:29
so wait what is a krak stickbomb and what grendades dont just make ur in. 10 like frags:confused:

we can not give out rules here, do as Tim said and read the proposed pages on the rulebook... It's quite clear there

Cirenivel

Ork_Warboss
25-05-2007, 21:56
ok i see frags say u get in. 10 but do they only give it when enemys are behind cover or reguerly?

Cirenivel
25-05-2007, 21:57
ok i see frags say u get in. 10 but do they only give it when enemys are behind cover or reguerly?

Only when you're assaulting into cover

Cirenivel

Ork_Warboss
25-05-2007, 22:26
ok then if frags only do that what is the point of them!
:mad:

KaldCB
25-05-2007, 22:29
they suck, grenades is no good in this edition, that is just the way it is...

Greatoliver
25-05-2007, 22:30
Firstly, remember they are cheap.

Secondly, with assault troops, you want to attack first or at the same time but not last as it reduces your efficiency/effectiveness. So, when a weak enemy is in cover, using Frags allows you to attack with an unharmed effectiveness. Type thing.

25-05-2007, 22:30
ok then if frags only do that what is the point of them!
:mad:
they are to help when charging enemies in cover, and they also help weaker troops against light vehicle armour in combat.

if you want to actually shoot things with them, get IG/Inq. troops w/Grenade Launchers. or IG w/Demo Charges. or Culexus Assassins w/anti-Psyker grenades.

~ Tim

Greatoliver
25-05-2007, 22:32
...they also help weaker troops against light vehicle armour in combat.

Oh yes! I always forget that!

swordwind
25-05-2007, 22:53
Remember that the shrapnel range on a modern grenade is greater than the distance most soldiers can throw them. You do not throw grenades at the enemy in the open because it'll kill you aswell. Now if you're in a building or charging a trench then the blast is contained by the walls aswell as making the enemy move away giving you time to get in close and finish them off. Hence why grenades are only used when assaulting cover.

proximity
25-05-2007, 23:14
i cant help but laugh every time he says grendade :(

CommisarMolotov
25-05-2007, 23:16
Remember that the shrapnel range on a modern grenade is greater than the distance most soldiers can throw them. You do not throw grenades at the enemy in the open because it'll kill you aswell. Now if you're in a building or charging a trench then the blast is contained by the walls aswell as making the enemy move away giving you time to get in close and finish them off. Hence why grenades are only used when assaulting cover.

Depends on the type of grenade - there are "offensive" grenades that have a smaller bursting charge, and "defensive" grenades that do indeed have a much larger blast radius.

The "offensive" grenades are intended to be used when on the attack, when you're the one out in the open. The "defensive" grenades are to be thrown outside of your hard cover, to kill enemies that are caught out in the open.

"Offensive" grenades have a wounding radius of about 15m, and can be thrown up to 40m. Heavier "defensive" grenades can be thrown about 30m, but have a wounding radius of some 45m - further than they can be thrown.

Latro_
25-05-2007, 23:19
worth noting that frag grenades can now be used against vehicles at s4, pretty useless I know, unless its a bunch of s3 guard charging the back of a rhino! hu har a chance! a chance!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/latro/guard2.jpg

Ork_Warboss
26-05-2007, 00:30
so how do i know what grenades(ha) do what? cause i never saw any grenades in the rulebook that had that offesive thing.

Latro_
26-05-2007, 00:32
They're a tad tricky to find, its too late for me too look the page no's up. off to bed now
If you look in the vehicles section towards the end of the rules you will see what the various types of grenade do against vehicles.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/latro/guard2.jpg

26-05-2007, 00:35
so how do i know what grenades(ha) do what? cause i never saw any grenades in the rulebook that had that offesive thing.

read pages 39 and 72 of the rulebook.

against Vehicles, grenades do cause direct damage. against other targets, the effect of grenades is abstractly rolled up into the way combat works.
they are to help when charging enemies in cover, and they also help weaker troops against light vehicle armour in combat.

if you want to actually shoot things with them, get IG/Inq. troops w/Grenade Launchers. or IG w/Demo Charges. or Culexus Assassins w/anti-Psyker grenades.
hope it helps more the second time round. :eyebrows:

~ Tim

Black Templars fan
26-05-2007, 00:37
there basically used for tanks and increased initiative

hope that helps

ImperialFist18
26-05-2007, 01:37
preferably, i would equip my models with better weapons and rules as apposed to grenades. Good shooting wins the wars in my opinion not grenades.