PDA

View Full Version : Help me improve my 1000 point Dark Elf force

Caligula
25-05-2007, 23:55
Hey all. I'm very, very new to the Dark Elves as an army, although they've been among my favorite races in Warhammer forever. I recently decided to start dabbling with their army list, and maybe try and come up with something. Up until now it's been fairly difficult for me to get my head around their army as a whole, and I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me. Anyway, here's the list as it stands. Please, be brutally honest and tell me what I can do to make this list worthy of bearing the name "druchii"...

Dark Elf Noble-
Halberd
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Seal of Ghrond
@109pts.
mounted on a
Cold One Chariot
@95pts.

20 Dark Elf Warriors-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Lordling
@185pts.

12 Dark Elf Warriors-
Repeater Crossbows
@132pts.

5 Dark Riders-
Repeater Crossbows
Musician
@127pts.

6 Cold One Knights-
Musician
Standard Bearer
War Banner
Dread Knight
@244pts.

Reaper Bolt Thrower
@100pts.

TOTAL-992pts.

So this is what I've got at the moment. Please, let me know what you think, and how I can go about making this list better.

the vicar
30-05-2007, 09:35
I'm not sure that you want to mount your general in a Chariot. What happens when a cannon hits it? Or when you face Kroxigors w/great weapons? Not only have you lost your chariot, but your General's screwed as well.

Consider dropping your chariot, putting the general on a Cold One, with the Knights. Give your RXbows shields. That 4+ save in close combat is nothing to scoff at. Drop one of your Knights, so that it's 5+General. Then add in another Reaper.

Beauty, yeah.