PDA

View Full Version : Pole

Black Templars fan
26-05-2007, 02:55
What is your Favourite SpaceMarine Chapter and Why?

ImperialFist18
26-05-2007, 03:00
Imperial fists cuz they're yellow and Lysander rocks to the max.

Vesica
26-05-2007, 03:06
Imperial fists, because they are brilliant fluf wise look cool model wise, and best of all Rogal Dorn is the best.

bdo
26-05-2007, 03:09
Ultramarines, because a lot of people hate them :D :D

just joking, i like them because they have the (in my eyes) greatest connection to tyranids (which just happens to be my main army...). also ultramarines are closest to the codex astartes - more to say the epitome of it. thats why they have the most tactical flexibility, can react to every thread in every form of fight. maybe they are not superb at all things, but they are capable in everything they do. just everything. okay, everything that has to do with praying, fighting, and tactics...

Weirdboy
26-05-2007, 03:12
Imperial Fists, because I love all the yellow and I love their backstory.

victorpofa
26-05-2007, 03:30
Space Wolves because they can use a Leman Russ tank, Dreads can lead, and their scouts aren't sissies :evilgrin: Gotta love space vikings.

After them it's a toss up between Iron Hands, Dark Angels and Blood Angels. The Iron hands are cyborgs, the Dark Angels can have an all bike force (And not space mongols), and the Blood Angels have a unique Dread and Pred.

etham
26-05-2007, 03:31
Storm Lords! I love the color scheme. I have no idea about the fluff, though. Fluff wise it's a tie between Crimson Fists and Dark Angels

freebooter
26-05-2007, 03:46
Space Wolves all the way.

Who else rips out the teleporters out of their ships in order to put in a bar?

chivalrous
26-05-2007, 03:47
Space Wolves for me. Simply for their individuality both in their background and in their rules, their nod to norse style iconography and models with beards.

byteboy
26-05-2007, 04:11
Cross between DA and SW.

DA- Termies as Troops? Sign me up!
SW- I love the pack mentality and the closs combat goodness.

chaos0xomega
26-05-2007, 04:15
I voted Salies, they are pyroMANIACS!

White Scars are a close second for me. Guys that ride around killing stuff on the back of a motorcycle...nice!

Iceheart2112
26-05-2007, 04:53
Mantis Warriors. Just for the sheer fact that they've worked for what they've done. They're not the most glamorous, most secretive, or most powerful; but they were on the brink of Chaos and turned from it.

WLBjork
26-05-2007, 06:25
Did anyone at GW think when they made Imperial Fists yellow? Surely they should have LD1?:p

Seriously, Space Wolves.These guys are the hard ass good guys, and go on benders that would kill any human (mostly due to how quickly they react to poison).

Malocchio
26-05-2007, 06:45
Black Templars for me...ever since I got into 40k about 6-7 years ago I've loved the BT's. The history and lore surrounding them really pulled me in, so when they finally got their own codex I was pretty content :D

Curufew
26-05-2007, 07:20
Where is Raven Guard???

Stella Cadente
26-05-2007, 09:38
Dark Angels, its obvious really, we now have the superior rulebook and the best fluff, everyone else sucks in comparison to the very first founding

Slaaneshi Slave
26-05-2007, 09:42
Sons of Sinfire.

Marius Xerxes
26-05-2007, 10:01
Blood Angels. The fluff for them is awesome.

Kargush
26-05-2007, 10:13
Dark Angels. My first love in 40K... I will always love them, regardless of what GW does to them... Their my...prrrrrecioussssss...

Josef Bugman
26-05-2007, 10:25
Dark Angelsas the Ravenwing rock. Especially with Samnael

spikyjames
26-05-2007, 10:31
erm... you may have missed a couple of hundred chapters off of your list?

but for this poll i voted ultramarines as, as others have said they're the most tactically flexible and can be tailored to dseal with most situations.

my vote would go to the Mentors had they been there:cool:

i'm not surprised that DA are winning at the minute, they are the most recently done book!

james

glowing in the dark
26-05-2007, 10:50
Imperial fists all the way, cos they're yellow!

Morris
26-05-2007, 12:29
I like the Imperial fists but couldn't bring myself to paint a yellow army. Always had a soft spot for my Blood Andels, and Dark Angels are cool

ehlijen
26-05-2007, 13:42
Iron hands (which you also conveniently forgot :p You should have at least put all the first founding in there). Not just super mutant space killer marines, but robotic ones too!

Phunting
26-05-2007, 14:25
Dammit, I thought this thread was going to be about poles...

Anyway Relictors, for being interesting.

studderigdave
26-05-2007, 15:10
Legion of the Damned

The boyz
26-05-2007, 15:20
Blood Angels get my vote. Mainly because they where one of the first armies I collected. So I have always had a bit of a soft spot for them.

The Laughing God
26-05-2007, 15:21
I like whitescars. I like how white looks on marines, and I like them all on bikes.

Radish
26-05-2007, 15:38
Dark Angels rock in almost every category. And their background is definately one of the best.

Yuuya
26-05-2007, 15:51
Ultramarine! its the purest space marine chapter. by the book.
the first time i collect a space marine army ( for display purpose!)
i saw and like its color "blue" which is my favorite.

Sons of Russ
26-05-2007, 16:06
Imperial Fists!, The Emperor's Praetorians! So good they had to create codex fluff and lists for TWO of our successor chapters.

"Do we bemoan such losses? No! We are the Fists! We do not need to spit venom or suspend our animation. We crush our enemies!"

Only hard, stoic bastards with a penchant for the Pain Glove can rock yellow power armour and not get laughed at....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Fists

Slaaneshi Slave
26-05-2007, 16:16
Ultramarine! its the purest space marine chapter. by the book.
the first time i collect a space marine army ( for display purpose!)
i saw and like its color "blue" which is my favorite.

Actually, the Red Scorpians have the purest Geneseed, by the book.

alex03
26-05-2007, 16:21
I started out in 40k as blood angels (in 2nd edition, so back off cries of cheese monger) so they have a special place in my heart. I liked the whole space vampire theme (silly, I know).

Sadly 3rd edition BA irked me so much I stoped using them and have red basic marines. And I never liked the different colors for unit helmets. I never planed on following that, anyways, so in a way I wasn't going to do a "proper" BA army.

A close Second for me would be Black Templars. They seem more medieval than roman in nature and background.

Brother Alecium
26-05-2007, 16:57
Dark Angels. I love their Fluff, and I think that having an entire company of marines with the finest Terminators in all of the Imperium is freaking sweet. Then you've got another whole company dedicated to rapid strikes, with the best bikers in the Galaxy. To me it doesn't get much better than this. (Even though I play Angels of Absolution :confused: )

Oh and their Primarch went toe to toe with Leman Russ and knocked him out!

But I think above all women find the Robes sexy. :D

Heru Talon
26-05-2007, 17:02
From that list?

Hmm Imperial Fists. With a bigger list I'd probably go with one of my DIY Chapters.

Oh btw it's White Scars, not White Scares...

Actually, the Red Scorpians have the purest Geneseed, by the book.

Which book? (there are only 20 Geneseed origins).

Last I remember the Red Scorpions are of the Guilliman (aka Ultramarine) Geneseed.

Slaaneshi Slave
26-05-2007, 17:07
Dark Angels. I love their Fluff, and I think that having an entire company of marines with the finest Terminators in all of the Imperium is freaking sweet. Then you've got another whole company dedicated to rapid strikes, with the best bikers in the Galaxy. To me it doesn't get much better than this.

The finest Terminators in the galaxy would be Grey Knights, every other chapters has an entire chapter dedicated to rapid strikes, and the best bikers in the galaxy are Eldar or Dark Eldar.

TechieZero
26-05-2007, 17:12
Pole? ****... You like the pole eh?

And White Scares? WTF are you talking about!?!?

The Imperial Fists FTW --- BTW.

Gammarah
26-05-2007, 17:15
Blood Angels. They have the best Primarch, and I just like their fighting style, and the curse that makes them stronger, for they must resist it every day or fall to insanity.

Slaaneshi Slave
26-05-2007, 17:20
Which book? (there are only 20 Geneseed origins).

Last I remember the Red Scorpions are of the Guilliman (aka Ultramarine) Geneseed.

IA3. The Red Scorpians are chosen to found a set of chapters designed to fight Tyranids exclusively because they retain 94% of the original Geneseed functionality. The origins of the Red Scorpians Geneseed is unknown, as all records of their history were lost 5,000 years ago. Not even they know from where they came. If Ultramarine Geneseed were so pure, surely it would have been used, as there is vast quantities of it in storage.

DalekSek
26-05-2007, 18:23
For me Black Templars, their dark sinister image is what started me on space marines. i now have 3 chapters! BT, DA and Ultra's

Destris
26-05-2007, 18:27
i'm not surprised that DA are winning at the minute, they are the most recently done book!

james

Yeah, seems to be a bit of a theme. BT also, the second most recent marine book.

Vote for the Salamanders, dammit!

D.

Inquisitor_Pink
26-05-2007, 18:31
Ravenguard and Ironhands, neither of whom are represented. So I vote for White scars. Mongols in space for the win.

Yorkiebar
26-05-2007, 18:36
I love the White Scars. For the Khan!

Hicks
26-05-2007, 18:40
My real favorites are my own DIY chapter the Grudge Bearers.
My favorite official chapter is the Grey Knights.

victorpofa
26-05-2007, 19:02
Relictors, for being interesting.

How could I forget the Relictors? They were my second choice for another marine army before the new Dark Angel codex came out. I then switched to pre-heresy colored Dark Angels with a full Ravenwing force as well.

I loved the dark grey color scheme, and the background of using Chaos' weapons against them. I never understood why the Inquisition had it in for these guys since almost all of the famous marine relic weapons were originally Chaos weapons reforged for a marine hero. The two that come immediately to mind are:

The Axe Morkai wielded by Wolf Lord Logan Grimnar.
The Gauntlets of Ultramar reclaimed by Guilliman from a Chaos Champion and are of unknown origin.

I also had not noticed that the Grey Knights were missing from the poll. They may be fun to do someday.

chivalrous
26-05-2007, 19:03
Who on earth are the Red Templars?

Kerflunc
26-05-2007, 19:06
black templars for me got to love the crusaders

Brother Alecium
26-05-2007, 19:39
Who on earth are the Red Templars?

They are in the back of the current Marine Codex. Not sure how they made the cut to get on this list, but I guess they might be popular somewhere.

@Slaaneshi

Nah my Deathwing Termies are still better than the Grey Knights by far.

And just because you have jetbikes doesn't make your pointy eared nancy boys any better at riding bikes than mine.

Slaaneshi Slave
26-05-2007, 19:46
You are correct Alecium, but the fact that a Shining Spear Exarch may have spent several thousand years practicing riding his jetbike makes him better than a Ravenwing grunt. :p

Minister
26-05-2007, 19:49
And here I was wondering what interesting things were going to be said about poles. Oh well.

Ultramarines. Most glorious, largest legion, primach was Lord Commander Militant of the Imperium.

Brother Alecium
26-05-2007, 19:49
You are correct Alecium, but the fact that a Shining Spear Exarch may have spent several thousand years practicing riding his jetbike makes him better than a Ravenwing grunt. :p

How do I know he wasn't sitting in the corner of the galaxy rubbing his pointed ears for a 1000 years?

The Dark One
26-05-2007, 21:06
Raptors are my favourite

Barbarossa
26-05-2007, 23:21
Relictors, but they don't feature here. And even Relictors I don't like as much as the Imperial Guard!

Fal
27-05-2007, 00:03
-Raven Guard "Knowing where to land your blow, so that it achieves the greatest damage with the minimum force, is the key to victory in war."

But in this list I choose Space Wolves , given that they live for the honour of battle

Ronin_eX
27-05-2007, 02:31
Since I've been playing them for over a decade I need to go with the Dark Angels.

Corporal Chaos
27-05-2007, 04:37
I like the Space Wolves because I like the look and attitude of the chapter. Just feral, ya know.[dice0]

nanktank
27-05-2007, 11:56
Scythes of the Emperor: for the cool colour scheme and the fluff

ChrisAsmadi
27-05-2007, 12:05
Emperor's Pointy Sticks! For great lulz!

Aorek
27-05-2007, 12:20
Blood angels from that list. Marines look coolest in red, Although i actually dislike thier assaulty bent.

Slaaneshi Slave
27-05-2007, 12:33
http://l2lod.com/Projects/apocalypse/marines/SonsOfSinfire_Test.jpg

As I said, Sons of Sinfire. What is not to love? :p

KanzKanzKanz
27-05-2007, 13:26
Red templars, because I doubt I will ever play them so its one space marine army I wont get trampled by.

Norsehawk
27-05-2007, 13:49
from the list above, probably blood angels

Iron Hands, Exorcists, and Flesh Tearers are all ones I have thought about making in the past.

Partisan Rimmo
27-05-2007, 13:56
Voted Crimson Fists.

I love some of the others, especially Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, the Blood Angels etc. but the one thing that clinched it for me was the RT rulebook cover. It's gotta be the Crimson Fists man. They've got the heritage! They are 40K, in a way the others only imitate. It's the symbolism of them. No other chapter has earned it's place in the history of the game so much. They are, quite simply, the original.

*round of applause for Crimson Fists*

thorgrim
27-05-2007, 16:30
The wolves all the way. There hard as nails and if they do the same thing as they've done with the blood angels then they will only get harder.

Kulgur
27-05-2007, 19:55
Space wolves, my first 40k army way back in Ed 2

Horus0001
27-05-2007, 20:06
Angels of Vengeance, cant go wrong with the black robes

also wtf is a red templar?

freelancer
28-05-2007, 00:05
i voted black templars, templars for the win, i just love their stories and history, also i love the space wolf like psycosis "OMG they just shot brother billy with their really big scary pwnage gun wadda we gonna do?!?!?!?!" "hmmm......... lets run screaming at them waving our chain swords and bolt pistols yelling FOR BILLY to avenge his death" "yay"
godda love it

The Muffin Man
28-05-2007, 00:16
Dark Angels because they emplify the grim gothic imagery of Warhammer 40000.

Lord Cook
28-05-2007, 00:22
I am absolutely appalled that the most interesting of all the space marine chapters is not present on your poll.

Where are the Relictors?

Gummers
28-05-2007, 01:30
Dark Angels, just the fluff and what I thought would be an easy to paint colourscheme, but then I decided to play orks.

It's spelt 'poll' by the way.