PDA

View Full Version : 950 Pts Chaos Tezenetch

k0ontz
09-08-2005, 18:48
This is just my new 950 point army, that i have to have by this comming Wednesday. These are ALL my chaos army's models, so im just looking for small changes, and sujestions on what i should ad for 1025-1100 pts.

The basic plan is the Exalted flies around on disk, dealing with Fast cavalry and other small vunerable units, the Screamers try to flank and go warmachine hunting, and two units of Warriors take the pain. I didnt want to give my other champion MoT becacuse he's just there too add some punch, and I didnt have the points.

Im debating whether i should drop 2 screamers, and add a chariot for next week, or add a plain Spawn (points value of armies grows 75 pts each week). Im leaning towards the spawn for an extra punch in combat.

Exalted Champion ( 271pts)

Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield
Disc of Tzeentch @ [45] Pts
Dispel Scroll @ [25] Pts
Power Stone @ [25] Pts

Aspiring Champion ( 110 Pts)

General; Mark of Chaos Undivided; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
Sword of Might @ [20] Pts
Enchanted Shield @ [10] Pts

Chaos Warriors ( 203 Pts)
11 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 203 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

Chaos Warriors ( 203 Pts)
11 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 203 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

Screamers of Tzeentch ( 165 Pts)
5 Screamers @ 165 Pts
Causes Fear; Daemonic; Flyer; Immune to Psychology

Total Roster Cost: 952

Im a fantasy n00b, so please be gentle :rolleyes:

corben_da
09-08-2005, 19:29
could be more effective with that exalted champion changed to be walking and with other warrior unit. and you could take couple of screamers more ;)

corben_da
09-08-2005, 19:32
and i would put different equip on characters like:
exalted: sword of might and gaze of the gods
aspiring: 2 x dispel scrolls and great weapon
you would get more fighting power and you allready have lots of magic power
you wont be needing power stones, you have like 7 power dice...

Selsaral
09-08-2005, 20:04
Personally I think two units of chaos warriors in an army this small is too many. They are way too expensive and unmanueverable. I'd drop a unit and get a huge block of marauders or two, or even better some beast herds. Even just squeezing in some cheap warhounds would be valuable...they can direct chargers away from your flanks, harrass weak troops, and cancel rank bonus when they charge the flank.

k0ontz
09-08-2005, 20:22
The problem with warhounds is, they arnt cheap :cries:

It's what, $55cad for 5? Thats like a dollar for 1/2 a point.

I dont have the beasts of chaos book, but would beast heards be a special, or core choice? I was planning on getting a box of mauraders any way, but would it be worth the $70cad compared to the $38 for a box of marauders?

Selsaral
09-08-2005, 20:25
True, the models are incredibly expensive, but in the game they are extremely cheap. Annoying, that.

If your general is a mortal, beast herds would be special. If your general was a beast, they'd be core.

The beast herd box costs just as much as the marauders box as far as I know. Different types of troops with different roles, but I can't stress enough how effective and useful beast herds are. (Don't confuse beast herds with bestigor herds) ;-)

Chris_Tzeentch
09-08-2005, 20:38
Some people use wolves as Chaos hounds, as the goblin wolf rider box set makes them far more cost effective.

k0ontz
09-08-2005, 23:07
What are spawn good for, and, would it be worth my time to "expand" the marks of my army? I was thinking of a big unit of maurauders, and a champion of Slaanesh to lead them.

Tobias
10-08-2005, 00:48
I would stay to one theme while your busy don't get ove excited, and marauders can't have marks

What you need to buy ...
3 boxes marauders making 2 units of 24, which is very good at 1,5K
Chaos knights,, they're hard hitting :)
beast heard, for deversity

and that would be a good start :)