PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Points vs. Khemri (or everybody else)

Archaon
26-05-2007, 03:54
Hi.. my first posting here as an aspiring Empire general (though more than 10 years Fantasy experience).

2250 Points are a bit above our usual 2000 or 2150 but here it goes:

Arch Lector of Sigmar (2#, 326 Pts)
1 Arch Lector of Sigmar @ 326 Pts
Heavy Armor
1 War Altar
1 Mace of Helstrum
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Ring of Volans

Battle Wizard (1#, 150 Pts)
1 Battle Wizard @ 150 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Dispel Scroll

Battle Wizard (1#, 130 Pts)
1 Battle Wizard
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon
1 Rod of Power

Warrior Priest of Sigmar (6#, 307 Pts)
1 Warrior Priest @ 112 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armor
Warhorse
4 Knightly Orders @ 195 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Knights of the Inner Circle
1 Preceptor
1 War Banner

Flagellants (22#, 230 Pts)
21 Flagellant Warband
1 Prophet of Doom

State Troops (30#, 195 Pts)
19 Swordsmen
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std
1 Duellist
10 [Det] Free Company

State Troops (30#, 195 Pts)
19 Swordsmen
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield
1 Duellist
10 [Det] Free Company

State Troops (10#, 105 Pts)
9 Handgunners
Handgun
1 Marksman
Hochland Long Rifle

9 Handgunners
Hand Weapon; Handgun
1 Marksman
Hochland Long Rifle

9 Handgunners
Hand Weapon; Handgun
1 Marksman
Hochland Long Rifle

War Engines (4#, 100 Pts)
1 Great Cannon

Squad (2#, 300 Pts)
1 Steam Tank

Total Roster Cost: 2248

This would make up my general army list for Empire.. to get it to 2150 or 2000 points i'd probably either remove the Steam Tank and use left over points for a Hellblaster cannon or demote both mages to level 1.

This list is against a friends Khemri list (also a rather new Khemri player) but in general i'd like to play that list as it is in standard games too (with minor modifications to observe points costs at 2150 or 2000 points).

I'd like to keep the Sigmar aspect as much as possible since i like the background (and supposed effectivity ingame) so i'm probably hard to convince taking something out of that :p

How i intend to play:

The War Altar would be placed in the middle and both Swordmen blocks left and right giving both of them and their detachments crucial LD9.
Advance with them moderately in the centre. The Flagellants are marching a bit in front to tie down heavy units or just block a flank for a few turns.

The Knight unit with the Priest is mainly intended to be fast flank chargers to support the infantry but if need be go off on their own and try their luck.

Shooters provide medium to long range fire support and the Hochland Long Rifles are there to snipe at targets of opportunity who hide in regiments (Mages, weaker characters and champions).

The warmachines do what they usually do.. the cannon to soften up big monsters (and with a bit of luck take it out) and the Tank to either put the fear of Sigmar into my enemy so he concentrates shooting on it or to ram it down his army and see what happens.

Is this a viable concept?

Could this also be considered a powergaming list (something i'm concerned about since i like to play with effectiveness in mind but not to the exclusion of everything else.. i like my games with fun and moderate, flavorful lists).

Any suggestions to improve or viable tactics you could recommend?

Von Wibble
26-05-2007, 10:06
You have in all probability 9 dispel dice. Do you really need 2 dispel scrolls? Surely a power stone and wizards staff would be a better combo. Or +1 to dispel (very effective vs Khemri, far more so than scrolls).

30 handgunners will have huge difficulties all getting to deploy and fire. I would drop 1 unit and bump both state blocks to 25. A block of 5 pistoliers would be an alternative.

Over 600 pts invested in 2 models. I would consider steam tank and war alter to be mutually exclusive in games below 3000 for this reason. If you lose the tank you get 20 flagellants and a helblaster (you have change from the above swap).

Your infantry units as mentioned above are too small. Also they have no chareacter support - if the detachment is neutralised in some way they do not stand a chance.

Overall I think the army is competitive but a shade 1 dimensional - both infantry units are very small and only 2 fighty characters (of sorts). A little too close to a gunline for my liking.

Khemri have loads of tactics that would weaken it. My own TK use 2 scorps and a swarm - thats 2 of your handgun blocks and a cannon gone. Vs empire I also like my tomb king to have a flail of skulls - that mashes a steam tank very effectively.