PDA

View Full Version : Torn between 2 armies

AMBS
27-05-2007, 05:47
I'm currently torn between starting an Ork army, or expanding my growing chaos horde with Lost and the Damned with mutants, traitors and the vile spawn of chaos weighing in at some 5,000pts!

"Wargames is about having fun, not just winning," said James as his 3 tactical squads hosed down my havocs in a flash of plasma shots and lascannon breams.

The Orks are definitely going to be more competitive than the mutie hordes, while the Lost and the Damned will look amazing when fighting alongside my chaos marines...even if they're like cheaper Orks with very little firepower, but backed up by 3 imperial guard tanks...and a greater daemon.

But then, I'm also concerned that GW will drop the LATD army like a hot mutated potatoe.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/AdamsMiniatures/Chaos%20Marines/champ1.jpg

deathwing_marine
27-05-2007, 05:52
Ah, so you're the guy from FIREBASE. Very nice. The Defiler looks good with the rest of the army, so does Lucius. I think you should do the LatD, it would be a great looking force

Outlaw289
27-05-2007, 05:53
Chaos. New dex, new models, and you can change it to play LatD if you want.

Orks are harder to play, more to pain, and arent getting an update until mid-2008 IIRC.

Stella Cadente
27-05-2007, 09:06
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go with Orks, there more fun, Chaos is boring and common

nanktank
27-05-2007, 09:09
I have a solution that will satisfy everyone, chaos orks.

One_Second_of_Insanity
27-05-2007, 09:12
AMBS you have showed your face on the who loves orks thread so you have to go green

you also have good orky values

Aorek
27-05-2007, 11:15
where is the option for both??!??!

Really though since its a choice between Lost and orcs i'd pick orcs.

stevo333
27-05-2007, 12:29
Aren't both armies due for updates within the next year? Personally I'd wait for the new codexes to show up before I started either army, but that's just me.

Partisan Rimmo
27-05-2007, 12:44
I chose Chaos because although both armies are due for an update in the near(ish) future, the Ork update is likely to shake things up a lot more, making a list harder to plan.

As a point, I love both armies just as much on principle. I actually can't decide between them just based on which I like more. They're both too seminal.

Plus, it should be remembered, your Chaos is what you're famous for. To bolster that with LATD, one of the more tasteful armies out there, would make a great thing better, and from an aesthetic point of view would be near unrivalled.

Love the work on Lucius BTW. The actual Lucius model I was never the biggest fan of, but you've demonstrated that the body piece is actually very nice looking in a way I didn't realise. Kudos.

victorpofa
27-05-2007, 13:24
Do LATD for now with an eye towards being able to "count as" with your existing Chaos force if they are dropped, and Orks when their new codex comes out.

If that does not appeal just start on some Boyz until the Ork update since you can never have enough Boyz ;) Just avoid the current vehicles. Scratch build, or loot.

Mad_Dazza
27-05-2007, 15:53
I am an ork collector and find them a very fun army to play with. They can take a serious beating and still have 100 plus models t two grand, however the new ork codex is being released next year and there are likely to be radical changes as the present one is second edition so i suggest you hold of and wait on the new codex.

Dribble Joy
27-05-2007, 16:17
Orkses of courses!

Any revisions to the codex should be compatable with models, either directly or with a little imagination.

ImperialFist18
27-05-2007, 16:26
Chaos is a tank of an army. I would definately take them over orks.

golembane
27-05-2007, 16:48
I voted Orks. One thing will remain between now and new codex, mass footsloggers. It's what the orks are reknown for.

Plus, theres enough 3+ saves out there, try out a non-Meq and embrace the fun!

Lord Cook
27-05-2007, 23:51
I would go with LaTD on the basis that I find them more interesting, but of course you should go with whatever appeals to you. Don't worry about competitiveness, if you don't enjoy playing an army, it won't matter if you win every game, it will still be a waste. Play what you want to play, not want you want to win with.

loveless
28-05-2007, 00:03
I feel that it would be a sin against 40K to suggest another person to play Orks.

Chaos.

It's what you do.

Sypher21
28-05-2007, 00:23
Well, considering the fact you already have a fairly large amount of Chaos, I'd say go with the orks. Perhaps you won't win as much ( or quite the contrary, massacre ) with orks, but quite a few people will love you for playing them. But since they're not getting a new codex for another year, you may just wait and see until you give the orks some love. The current codex is older than the emperor himself and is ( if I heard right ) horribly unbalanced compared to current armies.
Still, I vote for Orks.

Irondog
28-05-2007, 01:38
ORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* sorry, just had to. :) But seriously, there are enough chaos armies out there already, the greenskins need love too.

Lord Cook
28-05-2007, 01:48
Well said Irondog, in the true spirit of an ork. Loud, unsubtle and right to the point. Hear hear!

Surgency
28-05-2007, 05:13
I gotta go with orks. Granted, I don't really play either army, but Orks are always fun for me to play against. Either I win big, or I loose even bigger :p

starlight
28-05-2007, 05:57
ORKSES!!!!!!

Grod Dammit
28-05-2007, 06:24
I've been amassing orks models because I got into the hobby for fun too. But since their codex isn't out yet, and the BA codex is coming out, I'm doing up a BA army now.

AMBS
28-05-2007, 06:43
AND the Orks have it!

Thanks everyone

thread closed