PDA

View Full Version : 3000 TK All Comers List

UltimateNagash
27-05-2007, 11:48
Considering the title, I wonder what this could be :D
Please could you rate this army - how well you think it would do etc...
Cheers

LORDS
Tomb King
Chariot, shield, Armour of the Ages, Spear of Antarhak, Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt

Liche High Priest
Casket of Souls, Staff of Mastery, 2 Dispel Scrolls

HEROES
Icon Bearer
Banner of the Hidden Dead, Chariot, light armour

Liche Priest
Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations

Liche Priest
2 Dispel Scrolls

CORE
20 Skeleton Warriors
Hand weapon, shields, light armour.

10 Skeleton Warriors
Hand weapon, bows.

10 Skeleton Warriors
Hand weapon, bows.

10 Skeleton Warriors
Hand weapon, bows.

3 Tomb Swarm bases

6 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen
Standard Bearer, Standard of the Cursing Wound

6 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen*
* Hidden by the Banner of the Hidden Dead

3 Chariots

3 Chariots

3 Chariots

SPECIAL
4 Carrion

3 Carrion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

RARE
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

POINTS COST

brambleten
27-05-2007, 12:13
with that list you need to be careful of strength 7 flaming attacks. then your chariots will crumble badly:cries: also, with the new rules, tomb swarms have really gone down in value, like all the other swarms. only throw them into flanks and rears of units. you could also take out a carrion squad and put in another scorpion. this means you could put one in your battle line, one behind enemy lines and one on a flank. other than that, good

UltimateNagash
27-05-2007, 12:38
Actually, Tomb Swarms haven't gotten worse - they're exactly the same as before (the rule only counts towards Unbreakable Swarms, and what's that, Tomb Swarms aren't Unbreakable. They just don't take Break Tests as they're Undead :))
Why are Flaming Attacks dangerous? I've got 1 Flammable model in the army (the Tomb King)...
I can't take out the 3 model Carrion Squad for a Scorpion, but I can take out the four model one. But I don't know if 3 Carrion's perform well enough... :confused:

KingTut
27-05-2007, 12:53
Stick the Liche priest in the casket. Let the HLP roam around.

UltimateNagash
27-05-2007, 12:56
The reason it's the High Priest is so that he can cast Smiting on each Catapult :evilgrin: (as he can recast spells ;))

Lander
27-05-2007, 13:10
Drop a Scroll for the Hieratic Jar. And You may want some Ushabti for the S:6 and a Tome Guard unit. Don't know how you may fill that in.

UltimateNagash
27-05-2007, 13:39
On who?

And Ushabti and Tomb Guard... I'm not too fussed about them - plus it require a massive redo for (what I see as) no real gain...

Mad Makz
28-05-2007, 01:05
You Liche Priest really shouldn't be on the Casket - you need him to be mobile so he doesn't get killed too easily. Doesn't stop him from joining the casket or using smiting on the Catapults, but if he can't fly away (cloak of the Dunes) then your Auxillary stuff is going to be crumbling pretty quickly as he gets hunted down.

Also - you have no Tomb Guard, probably the best unit in the TK's list...

If you think about the sort of opponents you are potentially going to have to face in 3000 points you have little in the way of units that can hold up to a Dragon or a Vampire Lord etc.

Lander
28-05-2007, 03:39
On who?

High Priest extra 3d6 Bound spell once per game.

And Ushabti and Tomb Guard... I'm not too fussed about them - plus it require a massive redo for (what I see as) no real gain...

Icon Bearer
Banner of the Hidden Dead, Chariot, light armour

6 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen
Standard Bearer, Standard of the Cursing Wound

6 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen*
* Hidden by the Banner of the Hidden Dead

3 Carrion

Drop these form the list saves 350pts to grab this..

Icon Bearer, Light armour, Death Mask of Kharnut

19 Tome Guard with Full command and War Banner

This is a good static Unit to support the other 20 Skeleton warriors

Extra Tome Scorpion ( Three of these guys will be Leathal use them to support your Chariot assaults. )

1 unit of 4 Carrion will be good War-machine Hunters/Flankers

Nickn
28-05-2007, 15:15
put th priest w/ 2 despell scrolls in the cascket nd give the high priest cloak of the dunes if someone kills the cascket yer hierophant is as good as dead and so is your army