PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question?

Zapherion
27-05-2007, 18:10
ive just been reading a tactic about bretonnians in the lance formation. now i believed that bretonnians using the lance with a front rank of three dont get rank bonus, as the minimum is 5 models. however, in this tactica the writer factors in 3 ranks (12 models) into his calculation for combat resolution. HELP! this has really confused me. is this sum special bretonnain rule that ive managed to completely miss?, is the guy wrong? or is ranks done by the unit strength of the models making up the ranks (therefore meaning cavalry only need 3 models to make a rank?

i know this seems completely insane, especially since ive been playing WHFB for about 4 years, but this has literally baffled me, so please help

theunwantedbeing
27-05-2007, 18:13
The bretonnian lance rules state they get a rank bonus for each rank of 3 knights.
So thats what happens.

Doesnt matter what the rule book the lance is a special rule so its what you go by.

Bretonnian Lord
27-05-2007, 18:25
The Bretonnian Lance Formation rules state that a unit of Bretonnian Knights only require 3 models in each rank to gain the necessary rank bonus.

Although normally 5 models are required for a rank bonus, the Lance Formation is an army book rule which always overrides the main rulebook.

So yes, Bretonnians get a rank bonus for 3 models in each rank.

Zapherion
27-05-2007, 18:27
awesome! :) cant believe i missed that :). thanks guys

Vattendroppe
28-05-2007, 06:19
And it's so unfair than they get so cheap rank bonus :(

loveless
28-05-2007, 06:51
And it's so unfair than they get so cheap rank bonus :(

Every time someone whines about the Lance Formation, another Bretonnian is knighted. Or a baby dies in France. I forget which.

Vattendroppe
28-05-2007, 08:07
Every time someone whines about the Lance Formation, another Bretonnian is knighted. Or a baby dies in France. I forget which.

I don't think it's the babies, then the french would be an extingt kind...

Festus
28-05-2007, 09:51
... and they have one of the highest Birthrate in the Western countries AFAIK!

Festus

loveless
29-05-2007, 07:08
... and they have one of the highest Birthrate in the Western countries AFAIK!

Festus

Ah, then it's
"Every time someone whines about the lance formation, another baby is _born_ in France."

That's probably more accurate.

Zapherion
29-05-2007, 11:46
wow, this thread has really progressed :) all i wanted to know was about rank bonus's, but now im learning about France...