PDA

View Full Version : Disbanding a gang that holds captives

Welfstar
27-05-2007, 19:22
I'm considering disbanding my gang, but I hold captives from two other gangs. What happens to these captive gangers if I do choose to disband my gang? Are they lost? Do they return to their 'parent' gangs?

Major_Gilbear
28-05-2007, 00:33
Well I'd suggest that since ransoming etc is a post-game action, you have to complete any such actions before you can disband.
Just like finding rare equipment, rolling injuries, etc; these are all post-game actions and you couldn't choose to ignore them or even some of them. Their completion after each game would be required before you can play another game or carry out another major gang-wide activity like retiring. So captives are either rescued (play another game!), ransomed or sold into slavery.

Angelwing
28-05-2007, 00:57
to be fair, you should play out the rescue mission, to allow your opponents a chance of getting them back. It shouldnt matter to you if you intend to disband immediately afterwards.

Lord 0
29-05-2007, 17:14
Alternatively, you can just release them (ransom them back for 0 reward).

Angelwing
29-05-2007, 23:49
Nah, make them work for it.....;)

Phyros
30-05-2007, 19:41
Are you in a league or club with other players? Sell, give or trade the captives to one of them!

Welfstar
02-06-2007, 05:34
Sell, give, or trade the captive to a gang that isn't their own? Dude, that's a pretty crazy house rule...

starlight
02-06-2007, 05:47
I don't play Necro (yet, I have the models:), just not opponents:().

My solution would be play the Rescues, then allow the Ransoms. However, you *could* just ask the owning Gang Leader what they want to do. Maybe they have a preference.

Phyros
02-06-2007, 15:56
Sell, give, or trade the captive to a gang that isn't their own? Dude, that's a pretty crazy house rule...

It was a spur of the moment thought.

If the captor is intent on disbanding his gang and does not want to play a Rescue, at least trading the captives to another gang would give the rescuers a chance to get their guys back.

Plus it makes for a decent storyline. After several dead-end leads, the recuers find out that the original gang moved on to bigger and better things, but sold off their assets to a rival gang, and the recuers now have to fight them for the captives....