PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdom questions

redbaron998
27-05-2007, 23:37
1. How old/new is the Army book?

2. How good of standing do they have with dwarfs. They are allied in Nemisis but do they really have a good connection?

3. Are they fun to play as?

kyussinchains
27-05-2007, 23:44
1. Pretty new, it's the 2nd last 6th edition army book, it seems to be set up to be fully in line with 7th edition's rules and trends

2. Dwarfs are a tough opponent for the ogres, the ogres tend to rely on breaking the enemy on the charge and dwarfs excel at resisting charges

3. Yes, they're great, lots of fun, but they're not particularly powerful, dont expect to win right away unless you play them MSU style

Makaber
28-05-2007, 00:10
I think kyussinchains misunderstood question 2 there.

Background-wise, I'd say dwarves don't have an inherently worse relationship with the ogres than anybody else, but they're not all buddy-budds either. Ogres don't seem keen on invading other territories all the time, being satisifed with warring between themselves, so that helps foreign politics a lot. Also, they can be brought, so they're manageable, unlike say, orcs. Remember that almost all ogres abroad are mercenaries.

Avian
28-05-2007, 11:45
2. How good of standing do they have with dwarfs. They are allied in Nemisis but do they really have a good connection?
The army book describes methods for cooking Dwarfs, but then it describes methods for cooking most things. So I'd say they get on quite well. :)