PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 2000

Nickn
28-05-2007, 00:50
This is a test list for smoething im thinking about.

tomb king gw armor of the ages golden ankrah 256

liche priest cloak of the dunes collar of shapesh 155

liche priest hieratic jar enkihls kanopi 160

liche priest 1 despell scroll 140

skeletons 10 bows x3 80ea.

skeletons 19 shield hand wepon standerd 162

3 charriots x2 120ea.

tomb scorpion 85

14 tomb gurd standerd 180

5 carrion 120

cascket of souls 165

screaming skull catapult 90

81 models
10 casting dice
5 despell dice
pts 2008

Mad Makz
28-05-2007, 01:00
Unit Sizes for the infantry are very low - a problem considering you can only re-raise into TK units and not add to them beyond their initial size, meaning you will be potentially losing your units very quickly (especially the 14 tomb guard.)

long the tiger
28-05-2007, 22:20
nice list but there is room for improvement no offence.

1. The tomb king is a points sink just give him a chariot and a great weapon.
2. Carrion r usless.
3. put the bowmen into 1 unit and then put the liche priest with them casting righteous smithing. thats 60 shoot a turn
4. take the collar of shapesh off the liche priest.
5. give the chariots the mirrage standard it makes them a bit more survivable

hope that helps

bedurnk
29-05-2007, 00:08

2. Carrion r usless.
3. put the bowmen into 1 unit and then put the liche priest with them casting righteous smithing. thats 60 shoot a turn

hope that helps

1. Yeah, that current TK is a bit more defensive than I would prefer. But if you tool him up offensively, he is far from a point sink. Chariot with the Flail of Skulls is a powerful combination that is far from being a point sink.

2. I'm completely confused as to where you come up with such nonsense. Carrion are far from the realm of uselessness. Especially when there's five of them, like this list has. March blocking, potential 40" charge, T4, A2, what's not to like? And they're pretty cheap, on top of it all.

3. I understand what you're saying, but that makes them much more difficult to maneuver and get line of sight. You can't fire all those shots if you don't have the room to spread out the unit. Putting them all in one big unit makes them cumbersome and even more affected by unfortunate terrain features.

4. The Collar of Shapesh is, for all intents and purposes, a 4+ ward save for a pretty cheap cost for the Liche Priest. Especially since it's his heirophant. He's simply going about a different way of avoiding those pesky crumble checks.

5. Possibly. The Mirage Standard can be good against shooty armies. However, in other situations, it's rather useless. It's far too situational for something that's fairly balanced such as this list. Banner of the Undying Legion or the Icon of the Sacred Eye are much more universal than something as situational as the Mirage Standard.

Now for my input.

The tomb king is a little too defensive for my tastes. You should be using him to obliterate other people, not defend against obliteration. Meet fire with fire.

Mad Makz is right. Very small unit sizes. Make the archer units around 20 or so, so you can reform them to prepare for charges or to charge your enemy. Make them archers and sponge blocks. Greatly expands your tactical abilities.

Enkhil's Canopi is okay, but remember, you still get two power dice for being there. You can still attempt to dispel remains in play spells with those and possibly save poitns to put elsewhere.

The chariot units really should have standards. They're your hammers and your hard hitters. You don't want them losing combat.

Esco Thomson
29-05-2007, 12:46

2. Carrion r usless.

hope that helps

In all due respect I stopped reading as soon as I hit #2.

Your main problem is that your list is not as focused as it could be, and therefore has led you to have a bunch of things, most in too small of unit sizes. You are not going to want to field Tomb Guard unless you can get in at least 20-25. Also the same goes for your HW/Shield block of skeletons. The Kanopi is too situational, and I would try to fit the Staff of Ravening on that priest. Put the Cloak and Jar on your Hierophant, give another priest the staff and prerhaps a horse, and for who goes on the casket, the collar and scroll.

I personally would remove the casket, but that's your call.

Nickn
30-05-2007, 20:29
ok guys this is a remake of the list from what u said

Tomb Prince gw chariot 149
liche hierophant clooak of dunes collar of sapesh ( it gives him a lot more survivability ) 155
liche hiertic jar enkihls canopi 160
liche despell scroll (goes in cascket) 140

20 skelletons hw s standerd 170 x2 units
15 bowmen 120 x2 units
5 light calvery 70 ( the decoy unit )

3 chariots 120
15 tomb guard tanderd 192
5 carrion 120
tomb scorpion 85

cascket of soups 165
screaming skull catapult 90

models - 107 / 112 if i make changesto tomb guard
casting dice -9
despell dice - 5 (7)

i can also drop the charriot on the tomb prince and a 1 tomb guard to put the prince with the tomb guard and 1 more rank on the tomb guard

bedurnk
30-05-2007, 23:00
cascket of soups 165

Quite possibly the best typo ever.

sweels62
01-06-2007, 17:55
I am playing in a Warhammer 2000 point tourny this weekend and this is the Tomb King Army I will be playing with. I have seen some great advice from you all so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also there will be at least two Dwarf armies in the mix so any anti-dwarf tactical advice would also be well recieved!

1998 Points Tomb Queen Army List:

Lord= 420
1 Queen Khalida 420

Heros= 430
1 Hierophant 165 Hieratic Jar, Dispel Scroll

1 Priest 165 Great Desert Brooch, Dispel Scroll

1 Icon Bearer 100 Armor of the Ages

Core= 371
10 Skeleton Bow 100 Asp Bows

10 Skeleton Bow 100 Asp Bows

3 Skeleton LCh 171 Asp Bows, Cursed Word Banner

Specials= 557
20 Tomb GD 228 Undying Legion Banner

1 Tomb Scorpion 85

3 Ushabti 195

Rare= 220
1 Bone Giant 220

I know, I know, thats a lot of points tied up in the Queen and Bone Giant but they have really paid off for me in previous games. Also could give up two Tomb Guards and upgrade the Cursed Word banner to the Sacred Eye for the chariots.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Steve in Albuquerque

Esco Thomson
01-06-2007, 19:59
You should prolly start a thread for your list, but all I can say other than that is why play a Queen's list with no SSC?

Nickn
02-06-2007, 00:59
sweels62 start yer own thread

since u only have 1 post and its on my thread i presume u dont know how to start so ill tell u at the bottom of the page it will say ''new thread '' click that and start typing