PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves list

strambo
28-05-2007, 10:00
G'day everyone, im a new dark elf player in fact im a new fantasy player i have only played 40k. i basically posting this just hear some ideas for an effective 1000 point list, i already have 500 points with 20 spearmen, 12 crossbowmen and a level 2 sorceress.
but im pretty stumped as to what i can add that will give my army balance but also make it a good army to play.
if u have any suggestions i am all ears well in this case all eyes.
cheers.

sun tzu
28-05-2007, 11:37
2 units of 6 dark rider with a musicican and 2 RBT

That should make for a fun list to play

EndlessBug
28-05-2007, 11:41
maybe:
1 sorceress - Darkstar cloak, Dispel Scroll

19 Warriors - Full command
10 warriors - RxB's, shields
5 Dark Riders - RxB's, musician

5 shades

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

TOTAL: 998 points

strambo
28-05-2007, 12:35
yeah ive taken a dakstar cloak and a dispel scroll

Nickn
28-05-2007, 16:05
i think u should take

15 spearmen standerd
LvL 2 sorceress
10 warriors reapeater cross bow
14 executioners
2 rbt

Makaber
28-05-2007, 16:19
You do not need to take Reaper Bolt Throwers. They're overrated. Not saying they're bad, but it gets boring seeing them in 90% of all lists. Also, some of these lists are stupidly shooty, I don't like that personally. Especially as you're getting into the game. It draws focus away from the maneouvering part, which is the main fun of Warhammer, not trying to roll a yatzee with your gazillion crossbow shots.

What you have so far is a very good start to build on. I'd look into getting some Dark Riders, they're some of the best light cavalry in the game and it's very hard to go wrong with them.

What you want to get after that is largely up to you. Except for the Black Guard, no unit in the dark elf army list is outright bad, but some do favour a different approach than others. What kind of list do you want to play?

Be Afraid
29-05-2007, 01:49
i would say get some of everything, and build on what you like, so, for you next 500pt add on take some dark riders, then probally a single repeater bolt thrower, a cheap noble could be nice, and meybe some scouts ( shades ), you should be able to fit above in 1000, could drop 1 spearelf, as the noble would want to stand in there.

that will give you a bit of everything, and let you build on what you enjoy, then, when you make the jump to 1500 i recomend another 2 units of spearmen, as 3 block units work well, and maybe some harpies

Lander
29-05-2007, 02:02
The Hydra is a really cool. Grab one of those!

sun tzu
29-05-2007, 03:02
I would go with what works first and think about making your army a bit differant once you are happy with the basics of the dark elves.

maybe:
1 sorceress - Darkstar cloak, Dispel Scroll

19 Warriors - Full command
10 warriors - RxB's, shields

5 shades

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

TOTAL: 998 points

This is a very good list for a 1000pts and IMHO should be the core of your army

the vicar
29-05-2007, 10:59
Of course, you COULD always put in two more lvl 2 sorceresses, one with the Seal of Ghrond, and one with the Wand of Kharaidon. Other players usually aren't prepared for 6 levels of magic in a 1000 point game. Death magic's the one that I have the most success with.

strambo
29-05-2007, 14:11
yeah i never thought of havin more magic, that actually sounds pretty nasty

Kellindel
29-05-2007, 17:25
You could always get a bunch of dark riders .... with the hero and mage on a dark steed ...

Thats what I did once .....

Yeah ... I have that many Dark Riders .... You can cry for me.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
29-05-2007, 18:25
a sourceress with Darkstar cloak and tomb of Furion
one RBT is enough
10 RXBs
10 executioners as a hard hitting flank unit
1 dark riders and 1 cold one knights (if you feel they cost to much then use more DR instead but COKs are really good)
spearmen

I know that's just a rough list and I'm not sure how much it cost but I hope it helps.