PDA

View Full Version : Do VC bloodlines add to your limit of magic items?

rinto_tinto
28-05-2007, 10:16
I know it's probably a stupid question but I'm new to Vampire Counts so I guess I'm allowed to ask stupid questions for about a 2 week length of time.

I'm a little confused because:

1: They're a bit like sacred spawnings, in which you can take a limited number but does not add to your magic item limit.
2: A couple of the special characters (like Vlad) have all of there bloodline powers and this seems a little odd.

Gorbad Ironclaw
28-05-2007, 11:11
Yes, they do. So it's 100/50 points of magic items and Bloodline powers.

Festus
28-05-2007, 12:26
Correct: P.52 of the VC army Book.

Festus

Angelwing
28-05-2007, 13:34
yes, they do!

Ward.
28-05-2007, 13:40
2) They have them all to represent them being the most powerful of their bloodline, which actually hinders vlad.

vampires are cool!
28-05-2007, 13:45
I wouldn't say hindders, Movment 9 and frenzy is always nice (lets face it, no one lets Isabella live)

theunwantedbeing
28-05-2007, 13:54
If bloodline powers were in addition to your magical item allowance you'de be able to make some hellishly powerful things.

ie blood dragons
cursed book,cursed sheild of mousillon,all the powers.
You lose 2 attacks when facing him,and are at -2 to hit him when he's on a zombie dragon.(which almost always means 6's to hit him)
and he gets 6 attacks,hitting on 3's re rolling misses,killing blow...etc etc

Very scary.
he'll swat archaon and tyrion are thorgrimm as if they werent even there.

vampires are cool!
28-05-2007, 14:38
I would prefere it to be more... reasonable. A Lord haveing the ability to take three, a count two and so on. Non points restricted of course. Could be a bit over kill but you do pay the points for it...

*Blood Dragon Lord with Frost Blade, Red Fury, re-roll misse and Strength of steel*

Well, maybe not.

EvC
28-05-2007, 15:22
There should be some system like that- a Vampire with the von Carstein Ring for example would almost certainly be one of the most strongest veterans of his kind, with numerous abilities beyond the norm... but then the way it is now prevents people from coming up with Vampires stronger than one of the Vampire Masters, so I guess I can't complain too much!

vampires are cool!
28-05-2007, 15:27
Perhaps the Bloodline abilities should work as i mentioned before, but with compensations to the army list. For example; A Lord using the VC ring is, as you say, a powerful being indeed, so perhaps he is rather set in his ways and refuses to include a certaqin type of unit? Or perhaps he always allows the enemy to take the first attack?
In a similar way to the Space Marine trait system really.

rinto_tinto
28-05-2007, 22:27
It's a shame really, considering Vampires are some of the nicest characters in the game, their magic item limit really lets them down. I'd like to see Lords get 120 points of magic items to separate the Lords from the Counts.

Also how does that hinder Vlad, certainly having 225 points worth of magic "items" is a good thing, unless you are talking about the cost and them being a bit wasted on him.

A strigoi or blood dragon special character with all the bloodline powers would be awesome, but I suppose thats the reason why they do not exist, theyd be too good.

Ward.
29-05-2007, 03:39
I wouldn't say hindders, Movment 9 and frenzy is always nice (lets face it, no one lets Isabella live)

I don't know why i wrote Vlad, or what i was going on about, but it was late.
It was meant to come out something like "they should give manfredd something to make up for being mounted" and it hinders manfredd because its taken into his points cost without him getting it's affects. (okay not a huge hindrance :rolleyes: )

Also while I'm at it, I'm not that big on characters with a large point cost and movement being frenzied, After seeing them get baited by a tiny unit of (I think it was pistoliers) killing them all and then being canon sniped the next turn. :eyebrows: Not saying it doesn't work though.

(edit: I dont have the book open to me right now, but i didn't think the frezy comes from a bloodline power?)