PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points Dwarf army

trydragon
28-05-2007, 15:29
This is my first ever fantasy army list and would like some help with it all coments are welcome.

Lords/heroes

Dwarf Lord 235
Shield bearer
Rune of stone
Rune of preservation
Rune of fire
Rune of cleaving
Rune of Might

Dragon Slayer 115 points
Maser Rune of Alaric the Mad
Rune of Striking
Rune of Speed

Runesmith 149
Great weapon
Rune of spell breaking
Spell eating rune

Core

20 x Dwarf warriors 205
Full command
Shields

19x Long Beards 284
Full command
Shields
Rune of Stoicism

10x Quarrellers 145
Full command

10 x Thunders 185
Full command

Special

Cannon 100
Rune Of Reloading

20x Miners 270
Full command
Steam Drill

14x Slayers 172
Full Command

Rare

Organ Gun 120

Total 1980

EndlessBug
28-05-2007, 17:53
Dragon slayer has 4 runes on his weapon, you can only have three per item, so I'd drop the rune of fire. Other than that looks cool. i'd personally go Hammerers or Ironbreakers over the Miners.

Also, the Great weapon is a waste of points 'cos you've runed it up it now doesnt get +2 Strength, unless you give it the Master rune of Krag the grim (i think) so either lose that or drop the shield and find 20 points with witch to upgrade it.

trydragon
28-05-2007, 22:46
OK thanks for the information I took that in to count and change my list would still love some more feed back as am still very new at fantasy.

brambleten
29-05-2007, 14:49
take out the miners, put in a couple of bolt throwers and some more thunderers. then, the nasty bit for your opponent, leave your miners on the side of the table as if they are wiating to come on. your opponent then has to be cautious about leaving artillery about, while your thunderers and quarrelers shred things:evilgrin:

EndlessBug
29-05-2007, 19:07
nah, i'd knock the miners down to a unit strength of 10 without command, also drop the full command on the quarellers and thunderers. With those points add a flame cannon and 2 Bolt Throwers.

the miners can just be a nice little support for your army, also the command is def not needed for shooting units, if anythins beats them in combat you're giving away that standard, easy extra VP's for opponent.

also consider changing the runes on lord, though this is personal preference:
Rune of cleaving, Rune of fire and Rune of might for Rune of Fury and (the one which allows him to keep the great weapon +2 Strength).

I'd also give the runesmith a shield instead of the great weapon, the 2+ save is nicer than the 2 str 6 attacks imo. Consideration for the Dragon slayer also, rune of snorri spangelhelm is nice instead of speed and striking, means he'll hit most enemies on a 2+, though I can see why you've taken the speed one.

Other than that, very nice and balanced list :)