PDA

View Full Version : 1000/1500/2250 Slaanesh Horde

Red_Lep
28-05-2007, 18:44
I think these are ok lists but I've not had a chance to try them out yet, any advice or corrections are appreciated.(I'm starting at 1000 but I figured I'd show yall' where I'm going with it.)

Heroes- 155

Sorceror of Slaanesh- 155
Mark of Slaanesh
Spell Familiar
Level 2
.................................................. .............
Core- 829

Warriors of Slaanesh(17)- 376
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Additional Handweapon
Shield

Chosen Knights of Slaanesh(5)- 345
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

3x Warhounds(6)- 36
Totals- 984

-----------------------------------------------------------
Heroes- 295

Mark of Slaanesh
Spell Familiar
Level 2

Sorceror of Slaanesh- 140
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Core- 1205

2x Warriors of Slaanesh(17)- 376
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Additional Handweapon
Shield

Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

3x Warhounds(6)- 36
Totals- 1500
-----------------------------------------------------------
Heroes- 983

Lord of Slaanesh- 688
Mark of Slaanesh
Bindings of Slaanesh
Rending Sword
Chaos Dragon
Shield

Mark of Slaanesh
Spell Familiar
Level 2

Sorceror of Slaanesh- 140
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Core- 1241

2x Warriors of Slaanesh(17)- 376
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Additional Handweapon
Shield

Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

4x Warhounds(6)- 36
Totals- 2224

the vicar
29-05-2007, 11:02
You really want 1/2 of your points invested in characters?

Punk_in_Drublic
29-05-2007, 12:29
when including a chaos dragon - it's hard not too. With the hitting power of the slaanesh magic, i think it looks like a fun list at 2000 pts.

I'm sure you're gonna get a lot of feedback on how you should minimise your point costs on the units (like "drop chosen on the knights, loose the rapt banner, it's way to expensive for 2250 pts" etc). I say have fun with it until your oponents wisen up on the extpensive unit and find ways to neutralize it. Then go for a cheaper knight unit (and cheaper character choices) and use your points on more troops.

Later,

-Punk

Red_Lep
29-05-2007, 15:44
You really want 1/2 of your points invested in characters?

From what I've been told, its pretty common to have that much invested in characters.

the vicar
30-05-2007, 09:03
Could be, I suppose. I'm still trying to figure out, for myself, whether it's better to go with maxed characters or units, or something in between.

The reason I ask is that the only time that I come close to 1/2 point cost in chars is when I go insanely magic-heavy.

Of course, I've never fielded a dragon.

Red_Lep
30-05-2007, 13:04
Could be, I suppose. I'm still trying to figure out, for myself, whether it's better to go with maxed characters or units, or something in between.

The reason I ask is that the only time that I come close to 1/2 point cost in chars is when I go insanely magic-heavy.

Of course, I've never fielded a dragon.

Yeah, a dragon is what made people at my store say "invest around half your points in characters" so I could try and give it a fighting chance. Meant to put "From what I've been told, its pretty common to have that much invested in characters with a dragon." Sorry bout' the misunderstanding.

theDarkGeneral
30-05-2007, 16:45
Greetings Red_Lep...well, I have some thoughts/comments for you, hope they help!

*Characters: Ok, without getting to specific, you are investing way too much in them...the good old days of Hero-Hammer are long gone, and most Characters are hard pressed to earn their points back in a game before dying...I go with the Minimum needed for a decent list, so if I'm not playing Khorne, I need at least 1 Scroll Caddy (Lvl 1 only) and a Hero level general...(unless you're' playing Beasts)

*Units: Go themed, and take units divisble by the Chosen Number of Slaanesh, 6.

*Deployment: Keep in mind that smaller Armies like yours should never be spread thin on a table, but instead centralize on side or the other, not the Center...

Red_Lep
30-05-2007, 17:05
Greetings Red_Lep...well, I have some thoughts/comments for you, hope they help!

*Characters: Ok, without getting to specific, you are investing way too much in them...the good old days of Hero-Hammer are long gone, and most Characters are hard pressed to earn their points back in a game before dying...I go with the Minimum needed for a decent list, so if I'm not playing Khorne, I need at least 1 Scroll Caddy (Lvl 1 only) and a Hero level general...(unless you're' playing Beasts)

*Units: Go themed, and take units divisble by the Chosen Number of Slaanesh, 6.

*Deployment: Keep in mind that smaller Armies like yours should never be spread thin on a table, but instead centralize on side or the other, not the Center...

Characters: Wasn't trying to do Hero-hammer, I've just been told that the set-up is alot of fun.

Units: Not sure of a theme that I'd like but as far as 6 is concerned, with the sorceror the Warriors become 18 so divisible by six. I'm trying to find a good way to make the Knights 6(I want the banner)

Deployment: thanks for the advice :D

theDarkGeneral
31-05-2007, 02:33
No worries, I'm just a big 'theme' player...still competitive, but I always stay within the Chosen Number thing...as for adding a Knight to make it 6, drop two units of your Warhounds, you really don't need that many...

Punk_in_Drublic
31-05-2007, 08:44
I would also agree that you don't really need 4 units of warhounds. It's not that they're useful for much more htan screening anyway :D

Later,

-Punk