PDA

View Full Version : Kroq-Gar

BodhiTree
28-05-2007, 19:26
I know there are a couple Lizardmen discussions on the front page right now, but I don't want to hi-jack anyone's thread. My topic is rather focused too. I'm not out to make killer lists, but I do want something that might occasionally win. I'm assembling my army right now and have some concerns before I go any further. I've also never played before.

I'm having difficulty making a 2000 point Kroq-Gar list, probably because he eats up over a quarter of the list. Anyway, it looks something like this:

Kroq-Gar
2 5x Units of Cavalry with magic banners
2 12x Units of Skinks, one with javelins, other with blowpipes - scouting
2 20x Units of Saurus, one with Spears

I have about 150 spare points to field a Level 2 Skink Priest of a cheap Scar-Veteran. I'd most likely go with the Priest to at least have something in the magic phase.

Is this a lost cause? Is it better for Kroq-Gar to lead in games larger than 2000 points? I know Salamander packs are highly recommended... what would you do in my shoes? I suppose I'm just better off with a generic Oldblood on a Carnosaur...

The models I have are currently: Kroq-Gar, 16 Cavalry, 40 Saurus, 24 Skinks and a Scar-Vet mounted on a Cold One. Purchases at this point will be somewhat limited, but if I need to buy a new unit of something I'll find a way.

RdDragon5
28-05-2007, 21:12
I started reading your post, and I've had trouble making a list with him, but then I kept reading, and it was for totally different reasons.

Kroq-Gar lets you take Saurus cav as core.

Don't take ANY saurus warriors if you're using him. Saurus warriors are expencive and slow, you either need to go a lot of saurus or none I've found. Bonus points since then its fluffy too as Kroq-Gar likes his army fast and cav heavy.

A list with him should probly be something like:

Kroq-Gar
3 or 4 units of Saurus Cav
3 or 4 units of Skinks
1 or 2 sets of packs of Salamanders
1 or 2 Scroll Caddies. (Lv1 Priest with 2 dispel scrolls)

BodhiTree
28-05-2007, 21:47
Hmm, you've got a point. :)

Would a more cavalry heavy army have as much staying power? That was my original idea behind the blocks of Saurus - that no matter what happened with the first wave of cavalry, I'd at least have something strong to back it up with.

Thanks. :) The idea of that many dinos makes me giddy.