PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea?

No-One
29-05-2007, 01:25
i'm been thinking about this for a very long time and what would you guys say to me making an orc army based on sigmar? like an orc tribe that has converted to the imperial faith?

mightygnoblar
29-05-2007, 01:29
why not, it would be a perfectly good "counts as" army

ps this should probaly be in the general discussion rather than rules

Atrahasis
29-05-2007, 01:29
There are no rules against it.

(Hint: The rules forum probably won't get you many responses of teh type you're looking for. Fantasy General or Background would be more appropriate.)

No-One
29-05-2007, 01:31
how do i go about moving this over there?

Arnizipal
29-05-2007, 01:46
Inform a mod. Though I don't think you can report your own thread with the 'report'-button.

No-One
29-05-2007, 01:52
its all good i just went and made a new post over in the general board, so yeah hit me up on that one

jansenm
29-05-2007, 02:00
I think I should reply in here as their is more action

"hmm..

I dont really like it, as orcs only believe in their gods.
BUT... I think it will be cool if you converted your orc army
dressed up as the Empire (just like the deathskulls lootas in 40k)"
quote by me lol!

theunwantedbeing
29-05-2007, 02:05
So basically its an orc army,only it has imperial emblems and such?
or is it an empire army made of orc models?

Atrahasis
29-05-2007, 02:24
I dont really like it, as orcs only believe in their gods.
Orcs follow whoever is the hurtiest. Sigmar hurted the whole greenskin race into the forests and mountains.

skank
29-05-2007, 10:30
Yeah, i could see conquered tribes of orcs being recruted into empire armies as mercs.

ORKY ARD BOYZ
29-05-2007, 10:43
Aren't there two threads on this? The other one labled crazy idea? Imperial orcs or something?

Why would orcs fight for the empire? Picture an orc in an imperial soldier costume, it just doesn't feel right.

Countless villages of humans have been burnt down and eaten. People with their famailes don't let their grudges die easily.

orcs only want to fight, they don't mind dying as long as there is a good fight on the way, so why would they fight for a despised enemy rather than earn glory fighting against the enemy?

Gork and Mork wouldn't like it. Orcs don'twaver from their religion, chaos orcs are extremely rare.

Orcs don't like humans, they have been killign each other for generatiosn, and orcs are happy for it to stay that way. If they had to fight for the empire, they'd be slaves, not mercenaries. That's if they don't die fighting agiainst their slavers.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
29-05-2007, 13:23
Personally I do think it's a crazy idea and not one that I'd try.
but if you feel brave enough -or crazy enough- to try it, then go for it. It would be a laugh...I hope.

theunwantedbeing
29-05-2007, 13:39
Maybe the orcs are just posing as humans to allow them to go and do the fight that all the humans would go to.
Orcs do love to fight.
You could have them wearing poorly fitting uniforms with rips and tears and have them poorly made up to look more human(obviously really badly) and ahve the occasional human thrown in the unit looking a bit unsure about his oversized over muscled comerades.

But due to the erm "cunning disguise" of the orcs the humans dont realise that they are orcs.

Bit like how nobody realises clark kent is superman because he wears glasses and moves his parting on his hair to the otherside.